Why is America so awesome?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The Cities
The food
their leader, Obama over Julia any time in Aus.
Bacon...
New York...
Friends with Australia I think?
The fact that Fallout was there...bags being the Lone Wanderer.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Its funny actually, most of the non-America natives I have meet speak rather highly of America. Yet internally America hates itself more then any other country possible could. I wonder if other countries hate themselves as much as America does? Hum...

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
AdamKane said:
Hyper-space said:
3. Really? french stereotypes beg to differ.
What bad things do Americans say about French people?

Hyper-space said:
4. (atheists and such are the most hated group in america right now)
Really now? Aetheists are also hateful to non atheists by calling them things like stupid or ignorant!!
Thats anti-theism, not atheism, and i cannot blame them for calling the worst of the religious ignorant and stupid, considering the sheer amount of WTF that happens when America tries to cross religion with politics.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Because it was colonized by us British, thus making you British, thus making you awesome.

AdamKane

Feb 10, 2011
Hyper-space said:
AdamKane said:
Hyper-space said:

Hyper-space said:
Really now? Aetheists are also hateful to non atheists by calling them things like stupid or ignorant!!
Thats anti-theism, not atheism, and i cannot blame them for calling the worst of the religious ignorant and stupid, considering the sheer amount of WTF that happens when America tries to cross religion with politics.
So, you support hatred based on religion too?

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
AdamKane said:
Hyper-space said:
AdamKane said:
Hyper-space said:

Hyper-space said:
So, you support hatred based on religion too?
...What?

First, let me take a step back, and ask you: Do you know what anti-theism is? its when you are opposed to the existence of a theistic god, its not hatred based on religious-affiliation.

So given this new information, I'd suggest you read my post again.

AdamKane

Feb 10, 2011
Okay. But why would it be horrible for politicians to obey things like: do not kill, do not steal and do not lie?

SleepingDragon

Mar 26, 2011
Someone might have beat me to it but this is why America is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN034sBeF4c

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Geographically, North America has very mild climates with a wide variety of ecosystems which allow for many different species of animals, comfortable living, and of course industry.

Culturally, America is the most diverse country on the planet with a strong social work ethic and sense of individual freedoms. American culture is a melting pot of many of the best parts of other cultures and that allows for citizens to experience many different ways of life early on. Also of note is that a central part of American culture is the lack of social status; everybody is equal to everybody regardless of money or position, and we find it insulting when someone thinks they are better than us.

Industrially, America has contributed much of the technological advancements we have today. This is in part due to the freedoms we have here, prompting many of the finest minds from around the world to come here (Telsa, Einstein, etc).

Militarily, America has the strongest military on the planet, which not only holds a vast nuclear arsenal that assures other countries won't use theirs, but also has some of the most advanced weaponry available for mass production. Aside from that, the US military is a force of millions, and is manned entirely by volunteers, unlike several countries around the world.

Governmentally, America's system is generally fair compared to other countries. Everyone has the same rights, everyone abides by the same laws, and freedom of expression is just natural. Presidential elections are not rigged, everyone has the right to vote, and we were one of the first modern countries to do it.

Humanitarian-wise, America contributes a lot of resources to providing aid to those in need, whether it be from natural disasters, oppressive regimes, terrorism, or whatever.

Comedically, American humor is considered top-notch when done right. Just throwing that out there. :p

Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of bad parts of the USA to deal with (though IMO the benefits far outweigh the detriments), but the OP didn't ask about the bad stuff.

DwMrDw

Apr 8, 2011
ZorroFonzarelli said:
Sensenmann said:
Mr0llivand3r said:
Sensenmann said:
So why do you think America is Awesome.

NO HATE SPEECH

because we are the only country whose citizens are allowed to say whether or not they think it IS awesome
Exactly what makes me annoyed. Its not just america... Its the entire western world, which involves Germany, France, Britain, Luxembourg, Belgium and many more.

It is a good thing to love where you live. Are you Portugese? Then love Portugal! More power to you.

America is awesome for all it has done for the world. Are we the BEST? No, because that's dabbling in the realm of Opinion.

It just really irks me when people bash America - there's little actual reason to, if you actually look at history - but some people just want to.
What has America done for the world? seriously ..
little actual reason..
First you get the taliban to help you fight the russians..
Then you say screw this and flee with your asses...
The taliban gets pissed off..
You start your "war on terror"..
You invade countries that have nothing to do with anything... (but hey they got oil right?)
You claim to be victorious and awesome..
You think everybody else agrees with you..
perhaps that's reason enough to bash America.

Oh and thanks a lot for what you did in WWII.
1. Let a lot of people die
2. Wait for Pearl Harbor to get attacked
3. Kill a lot of innocent people ( but we warned them !!!)
4. Claim to be awesome
(Actual heroes are the canadians who freed us. Thanks Canada!!)

and also about the freedom of speech The Netherlands FTW !!

Pietho

Nov 6, 2008
The thing about America is that we defeated what was considered the greatest power in the world at the time of our Revolution, i.e. the British Empire. We weren't even a country yet and we did that... what do you think that does to a nations perspective?

Americans are (and I speak as one who has actually traveled the world and spoken with people and as a Veteran of Desert Shield and Desert Storm) loud, obnoxious and possessed of a sense of superiority that they have not really earned. As people, most of us are worthless drones with no future, little intelligence and less ambition.

But, by the same token, we our our own greatest challenge. The great men and women of our nation, the ones who invented, challenged, created, explored and excelled are those who rose above the general mediocrity and in America, mediocrity is comfortable.

My biggest gripe about the country of my residency and birth is actually 2; 1) pop and country music is considered "good." and 2) Sports are considered more important than education, health care or the homeless.

Wait a minutes.... that's most of the world, come to think of it.

TheCorpseMan99

Apr 16, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
Please. America isn't that awesome. Sure Freedom of Speech is awesome,but it is abused so bad.
Plus, the patriotism level is absurd. I am American but I just hate ahem "Americans"
We have a word for Americans who hate other Americans, we call them "douchebags"

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Sensenmann said:
This is no hate speech... Just wondering, and it angers me when people say that they, Americans are the best.

Infact, by doing this many who hate America for it's stereotypical hate of ROW. So its the clone of that french thread, but reversed and for America.

So why do you think America is Awesome.

NO HATE SPEECH

Edit: Changed ROE to ROW. Im sure America dont hate ROE.

seriously? Did we just have a thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.335409-What-does-the-world-have-against-America?page=1] like this? *siiigghhh*

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
Aardvark said:
There's no such thing as the USA. It's a myth perpetrated by the leaders of the Muslim world, who are in need of a Great Satan to keep the people distracted while they live like kings. They have callcentres and datacentres dedicated to generating all correspondence reportedly from America. All those US soldiers wandering around Iraq? Mercenaries paid to be there, pissing people off.

Between Canada and Mexico, there's a great rift that leads to the centre of the Earth. Canadians and Mexicans, the superstitious lot they are, keep well away from the precipice and don't mention it to anyone, for fear of demons stealing their souls.
I do believe this post is a win

Superbeast

Bound up the dead triumphantly!
Jan 7, 2009
Volf99 said:

seriously? Did we just have a thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.335409-What-does-the-world-have-against-America?page=1] like this? *siiigghhh*
No, we didn't.

This thread was started on 5/01/2009

;)

El Presidente

Dec 26, 2011
The thing about America is it is really, really fucking huge. It has states bigger than entire countries. As such, it's incredibly varied and it's the last country you should be making sweeping generalisations about.