Why is LOZ OOT more memorable than LOZ TP

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
DustyDrB said:
I say it's a great game, but a bad Zelda game. The temples and bosses are all among the worst in the 3D games. The rest of the game, though? Awesome.
I actually thought the bosses were pretty well executed. ...except for Ghoat, who was one of the most broken bosses I've ever fought in my life. I mean the guy poses no threat what so ever once you figure out that you can just stand by the door and shoot him every time he runs by. And don't anyone DARE tell my that I'm playing it wrong!! Why the fuck should I do it the hard way when I can do it the easy way. Besides, it doesn't change the fact that, because you can do that, it makes the boss pretty freaken' broken.
And I have beaten him the hard way, so shut up.

OT: I imagine it's mostly nostalgia. I found both OoT and TP had their own charms and I can't really say which one I enjoyed more. I know which one I played more, that's OoT, but that's incidental.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, if I did have one complaint about TP, it was that the bosses seemed a little on the easy side. I know for more than one of them when I was just getting into the rythem of the fight, I'd deliver the next blow and BOOM it'd be over; which would leave me thinking "What? Already? And I was just starting to have fun."
Ghoat is actually the boss that I like most in Majora's Mask, haha. Mostly because it involved more than just shooting him with an arrow then walk up and hack away (which, with minor variants, such as putting on iron boots or the Giant's Mask, is what the other MM bosses boil down to). Doing it the hard way did lead to some cheap deaths, but I enjoyed the chase.

I will give you that Twilight Princess' bosses were easy once you knew what to do, but I enjoyed the strategy you had to employ to beat them. They were also so amazing looking. Every boss was a spectacle (except for Blizzeta, but that was such a fun and unique dungeon that I'll let it slide). I also loved how the fight with Ganondorf actually felt like a legit duel.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DustyDrB said:
canadamus_prime said:
DustyDrB said:
I say it's a great game, but a bad Zelda game. The temples and bosses are all among the worst in the 3D games. The rest of the game, though? Awesome.
I actually thought the bosses were pretty well executed. ...except for Ghoat, who was one of the most broken bosses I've ever fought in my life. I mean the guy poses no threat what so ever once you figure out that you can just stand by the door and shoot him every time he runs by. And don't anyone DARE tell my that I'm playing it wrong!! Why the fuck should I do it the hard way when I can do it the easy way. Besides, it doesn't change the fact that, because you can do that, it makes the boss pretty freaken' broken.
And I have beaten him the hard way, so shut up.

OT: I imagine it's mostly nostalgia. I found both OoT and TP had their own charms and I can't really say which one I enjoyed more. I know which one I played more, that's OoT, but that's incidental.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, if I did have one complaint about TP, it was that the bosses seemed a little on the easy side. I know for more than one of them when I was just getting into the rythem of the fight, I'd deliver the next blow and BOOM it'd be over; which would leave me thinking "What? Already? And I was just starting to have fun."
Ghoat is actually the boss that I like most in Majora's Mask, haha. Mostly because it involved more than just shooting him with an arrow then walk up and hack away (which, with minor variants, such as putting on iron boots or the Giant's Mask, is what the other MM bosses boil down to). Doing it the hard way did lead to some cheap deaths, but I enjoyed the chase.

I will give you that Twilight Princess' bosses were easy once you knew what to do, but I enjoyed the strategy you had to employ to beat them. They were also so amazing looking. Every boss was a spectacle (except for Blizzeta, but that was such a fun and unique dungeon that I'll let it slide). I also loved how the fight with Ganondorf actually felt like a legit duel.
The funny thing about Ghoat is that it's almost as if Nintendo expected you to beat him the easy way. Those 2 respawning pots by the door would either drop arrows or magic. It's been awhile since I played it, but I think one always dropped arrows and the other always dropped magic.

As for Twilight Princess, I loved the battle with Ganondorf. In fact I'd almost go as far as to say it's the best fight with him in the entire series.

Baconmaninspace

Jun 8, 2011
Horny Ico said:
Baconmaninspace said:
Two words:

GRAY BROWN
I distinctly recall Twilight Princess has tons of green, yellow, and blue. What the Hell are you talking about?
You're right, it did. My real issue was with the parts where you had to track down bugs in the gray brown twilight world. They were ugly, tedious, and drained me of a great deal of enthusiasm.

Not to say that the entire game had this problem. In fact, the rest was great. The thing is, there was nothing like that in Ocarina of Time.

But above all else, if you compare the color palette of the two games, Ocarina is far more vibrant. Twilight Princess may have a lot of color, but all of it is dulled somewhat, at least most of the time.