Why is nudity so heavily looked down upon in gaming? Especially when big boobed bimbos are so common

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Vrex360 said:
And you know what.. hell yes I want to see an arthouse game, it would be so nice to see the game industry actually at least TRY being mature at some point and quit it with all the blood and titties.
So, you want a game that is basically guaranteed to tank...
That came out of nowhere. Most movies and most games do not come with jiggling boobs. Where do you draw the inference that a game that went for adult emotion instead of teen titillation would tank?

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
schubi said:
but imagery can cause increased focusing on a subject and sex at a young age is not tolerated everywhere.
And I assume blowing person's kneecaps off is tolerated?

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Nutcase said:
That came out of nowhere. Most movies and most games do not come with jiggling boobs. Where do you draw the inference that a game that went for adult emotion instead of teen titillation would tank?
Why do you play games?
Do you really think that a game that includes tasteful nudity would be bought because it deals with adult relationships in a serious manner?
Also, I contradicted that statement further into my post to communicate my convoluted thoughts on the matter.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
ix_tab said:
Now I demand an FPS where the main character is naked but we never see it, and the entire game people are like FFS STOP SHOOTING BULLETS FROM YOUR MAGICAL GUN AND PUT SOME PANTS ON :mad:

And there could be cut scenes with hilarious hiding behind melons and tubas and so forth.
Kinda like the first Austin Powers ending stretched out throughout the game? ^_^

Also, there should be plenty of mirrors on all levels, but they'd always get shot, get paint thrown on them or something before you can check yourself out.
But it should be done completely straight faced and it should be a gritty space marine drama.

It would be called Captain Pants: a tale of sea men and romance.
I'd play it. Definitely.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Because gamers like to pretend they're sophisticated by only liking excessive violence and dark humor.

Aug 13, 2008
someone's probably said it, or should have said it, but who the fuck wants to get a boner from a digitally created women designed to be the artists idea of "perfection"?
plus it means that you cant comfortably play games in other people's presence (mainly family) if the girl's off with her bouncy tits with an engine specially made to make them bounce just right

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
I believe nudity is such an issue with games is because the uninformed (Or Ignorant) masses still see gaming as something KIDS should do. They don't see it as a more mature hobby yet and I don't blame them. Gaming is still coming of age. We haven't quite made it to the pure mainstream yet so there will still be a majority of people making rash assumptions about something they don't understand.

To them I guess, nudity in games is kinda like putting a penis on your daughter's Ken doll. Thus why the press always swarm to nudity and sex in games. Thus why there are so many people making the "WHAT ABOUT OUR CHILDREN" argument when it comes to these issues.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
inu-kun said:
As long as nipples aren't shown it is safe for little children, even if the nipple the only thing not shown.
well incase you missed it we all have nips but some are sweeter than others

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
For the same reason that people used to go on witch hunts: people are unbelievably STUPID.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Farson89 said:
In almost all cases it is unnecessary, when it is present it's clearly there to make it more attractive to people who like to fap to Lara Croft.
seconded

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
Society seems to think that showing all the horror one could possibly imagine, combined with every single method of torture and dismemberment, is still better than showing 1 nipple in a movie.

It's pretty fucked up that a movie with torture and shit could be rated PG-13, but a movie showing any nudity is automatically rated R. For what? Ridiculous.

damn12369

Mar 1, 2009
okay nudity for little kids is obviously bad, my mom didnt let me get a game that had any of that until i was a teen, then she said ur gonna find out soon so wats da big deal! and i whole heartly agree

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Nutcase said:
Why do you play games?
Do you really think that a game that includes tasteful nudity would be bought because it deals with adult relationships in a serious manner?
Also, I contradicted that statement further into my post to communicate my convoluted thoughts on the matter.
Of course. People are interested in other people. The Sims, the best-selling game series of all time with more than hundred million sales, is entirely based on human relationships (even if it has the depth of a goldfish bowl). As usual, Japan is ahead of the rest of the world with games like dating sims and parenting sims. Actually, the evidence is so overwhelming I think the onus is on you to show that there wouldn't be demand for games addressing adult relationships and emotions.

That said, I think nudity and exploration of the adult psyche are two largely separate issues, and deserve to be addressed and championed separately. The "LOL TITS IN TINY BIKINIS" approach isn't doing any favors to either.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Western culture has made nudity (a thing that should be/is of beauty) such a horrid and bad thing and cannot be accepted by many, I'm sure if a game developed in Japan came out with nudity, and the media didnt care the other regions would likely censor it, thats how much it has tried to abolish nudity... but yeah, I agree with your argument

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
TheDean said:
New Troll said:
Nudity as a whole is only an issue when parents buy said games for thier children due to thier ignorance or own stupidity.

Nudity to a gamer is an issue when the nudity itself is the driving force behind sells. Makes developers take the easy route in thier games by relying less on gameplay by just showing more skin on thier characters. And that's just sad (as in pathetic.)
stupidity? if i had a kid i'd have NO problem with him playing games with nudity. Beause i know in his shoes i'd want to.
If you have NO problem, then you're not one making an issue of this. I'm speaking of the parents/ guardians letting thier children play games they have no clue about.

Personally, there are tons of M rated games I wouldn't have a problem letting my pre-teen/ teenager play, but I would definitely want to check it out first or in the least get someone who already knows opinion. There's a huge difference between Halo 3 and Saint's Row 2 even though both are rated M.

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
New Troll said:
TheDean said:
New Troll said:
Nudity as a whole is only an issue when parents buy said games for thier children due to thier ignorance or own stupidity.

Nudity to a gamer is an issue when the nudity itself is the driving force behind sells. Makes developers take the easy route in thier games by relying less on gameplay by just showing more skin on thier characters. And that's just sad (as in pathetic.)
stupidity? if i had a kid i'd have NO problem with him playing games with nudity. Beause i know in his shoes i'd want to.
If you have NO problem, then you're not one making an issue of this. I'm speaking of the parents/ guardians letting thier children play games they have no clue about.

Personally, there are tons of M rated games I wouldn't have a problem letting my pre-teen/ teenager play, but I would definitely want to check it out first or in the least get someone who already knows opinion. There's a huge difference between Halo 3 and Saint's Row 2 even though both are rated M.
meh. if i wanted to play a game, i wouldnm't be happy if wasn't allowed to. Thus, if i had kids they could play ANY game they want. It's their decision.