Why is nudity so heavily looked down upon in gaming? Especially when big boobed bimbos are so common

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Because everyone and their mother(especially their mother) would freak for not good reason. Every medium except games gets away with nudity regularly(especially books), but if a video game does it HOLY SHIT someone call Obama down here to start finding out whos ass to kick.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
From my understanding, the only-slightly-mitigated exploitation of the fairer sex is only undergone because of the age-old cliché that sex sells.
Everyone here has probably heard before that large game developers make newer games these days often as investments with relatively 'safe' returns. And by going along the 'safe' return idea, this universally entails pandering to the lowest common denominator, which notates not us. We, you, forum-goers and frequenters on the internet on the subject matter of video games by definition makes us above this Lowest Common Denominator by making us Informed Consumers, therefore although one might be pretensious enough to assume their opinion is better than the lower average gamer, it's less valuable.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Anti-nudists happen to mostly be women who are afraid of it being "Exploited"
(There are some male ones but not as many)

Seriously, I don't see whats so bad about a topless scene in a game.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Nudity = M = less copies of a game sold (supposedly)

That is the only reason characters in a game aren't naked. Well, that and Call of Duty would take on a whole new meaning...

Besides, people only want to see the Zoey's and the Alyx's naked, not Louis or Bill. Okay, most people anyway.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
Every medium except games gets away with nudity regularly(especially books).
The reason for that being you cannot actually see the nudity that is being described which avoids the social taboo all together...

Anyways, May 6th, 2009? Holy necro batman.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Peach_hat said:
FAP FAP FAP.

That's why.
Exactly!

Wait, you're arguing against it?

For the record, it doesn't make a difference to me in any way, I prefer not to have nudity so I can play the game with my siblings without feeling extensive discomfort. Really, you shouldn't be looking at just nudity in games, but society in general.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Because most people are idiots and would pounce on the game with every lie and out of context line of bullshit they could vomit up, if you need any elaboration, google "Fox News Mass Effect story." Now I'd love to see more tasteful nudity in my interactive entertainment, but we all probably know that when it comes to games, people who would actually appreciate it or actually get the point of the scene are in the minority and the game would likely flop.