Why Keep Your Wallet In Your Back Pocket?

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
I don't like getting my shit stolen, I don't like feeling like I have a growth on my ass, and I don't like killing my wallet by sitting on it all day. It go's in front, where it belongs. I'll never put anything in my back pocket unless I'm sneaking shit into a movie theater.

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
I keep mine in my handbag.
I don't understand how men live without them.
How else can you efficiently carry around all of your useless crap?
I'm not to sure about other guys, but all I carry is my knife, my phone and my wallet. So at max, it's 3 pockets, but usually I just keep the knife and phone in one pocket.

I wear cargo pants, so I keep my wallet in my knee-pockets, as it's WAY harder to pickpocket them, and I have arms that're long enough that all I have to do is barely bend over to reach it.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
For years I didn't even carry a wallet. I just had a money clip with an ID, debit card, and some cash. Then I got a front pocket wallet and never looked back. It has a clip plus pockets for IDs and stuff. I never use the clip, though. Wallet, phone, cash in my left pocket and then keys, smokes, lighter in my right. But yeah, keeping cash in your back pocket is silly in any kind of crowded area. My dad taught me that when I was really young, but he was something of a criminal in his youth...

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
I don't have a back pocket in most my pants, and I just keep my wallet in my right hand pocket and my phone in my left

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
The Human Torch said:
Nothing crazy about it, just a personal preference. When I was a wee teenager with very little in his wallet besides a bit of cash, a bank card and an ID, I had a small wallet and it was my back pocket all the time, it has always been this way and was no discomfort to me.

Enter adulthood, with many, many new plastic cards for all kinds of shenanigans and a constant need to keep more cash at hand, because as an adult, you only spend more. So my wallet increased in size and thus the need was born to put it in the inside pocket of my jacket. This is what I perceive of as the main proof of transition from a boy to a man. Forget a lower voice, chest hair and a lower ballsack, the position of the wallet is where it's at.
I usually carry several hundred in cash, and probably 6 different cards between my id, bank cards, gift cards and stuff. I only take my wallet out of my back pocket when I'm sitting on a hard surface and it's uncomfortable, which is rarely. Almost everyone I know keeps their wallet in their back pocket. X.x

Lord Kodous

Feb 24, 2009
For me it really depends on the season because if it's warm outside then I'm not wearing a coat and my wallet is in a side cargo pocket of my pants. If it's cold outside then I'm wearing a coat and my wallet is in the inside pocket of the coat.

Dylan Blackler

May 22, 2011
I keep it in the back because

1. Pickpockets are not a problem here
2. my wallet is too big to fit in my side pockets without making huge bump, making me look weird.

but each is there own so yea =P

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
I wear slim-fit or skinny jeans. There is no way in hell my wallet can fit in the front pockets.

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
I keep it in my front pocket as well. Never understood why you would put anything in a place you sit on. I tried it once, and immediately regretted that decision.

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
I use the front pocket for ease of my own use and to keep a better eye of things. Otherwise I keep it in the inside of my jacket, zipped up. If a pickpocket can get inside my jacket, undo the button and get the wallet, damn, he deserves it.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I have a system: phone and Ipod left, keys right, wallet righ back. if it's too full I just keep the change with the keys.

Gamegeneral

Dec 3, 2008
I follow the "utility latitude" rule, where everything at hand has to be between the middle of my hips and my belly button. Phone, keys, wallet, iPod, game, etc.
If I'm in an area I feel will cause loss of property, things shift and I get handsy with my property, checking and rechecking its positions.

It makes me guilty of doing that thing where you check for an object while you're physically using said object.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
When I'm walking I sometimes put it in my back pocket because I like to keep my hands in my front pockets. Though when I sit down I do switch it to my front pocket because as you said it is uncomfortable to sit on.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Wallet goes front right, ipod and phone front left, and keys in my front right if I don't have my bag with me.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
It's physically impossible for me to jam my wallet into my back pocket. Mostly because I'm not wearing pants, but if I was, my wallet is about 15-20 cms big and about an inch thick. AND YES, IT'S COMPLETELY OKAY BECAUSE IT HOLDS ALL MY CARDS.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
6SteW6 said:
Because having a wad of bills crumpled against my ass reminds me of my strippin' days.
Thong dollaz.

(I was going to edit this into my previous post but appears to have been eaten.)

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I keep my wallet in the back pocket, mainly so I can keep my phone and keys in the front two.

That and I don't live in an Oliver Twist type world, living in constant fear of pick pockets.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
It's pretty common knowledge that pickpockets actually specifically target people with their wallets in their back pockets, simply because it's so much easier to lift.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Over here almost no-one seems to care about the economy so no-one really protests.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
I keep my wallet and key in my front right pocket, with my iPod and phone in the front left. Never really felt comfortable with my wallet in a back pocket.