Why Keep Your Wallet In Your Back Pocket?

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Well from my point of veiw at my school, i always keep my money in my back pocket.

1: My back pockets are very thin, so it isnt easy to take the money out without noticing.

2: the front pockets are very large, i often find that it falls out of the front pocket when i sit down, plus, it isnt easy to feel someone taking your money when sitting down.

But i guess front pockets are better when standing up.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I used to keep my wallet in my front pocket until I realized it wasn't easily accessible sitting down. And I keep lots of things in my front pockets already so if I put it in the front it would make everything else harder to get to and look ridiculously bulgy.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Yeah, I never understood why people do this. I did it at first, then wondered why I would always be hurting whenever I drove or sat down. I started putting it in my front pockets, then everything got so much better.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Phone and wallet (large non-jingly items) go in my right cargo pocket.

Keys, comb, pen, and lip balm go in my right-front pocket.

Knife clips to the inside of right-front pocket.

Left-front pocket reserved for quarters (never having to sort through change is brilliant).

Left Cargo pocket remains mostly unused. It's where I put miscellaneous non-standard equipment and quest items.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
Eggsnham said:
I usually have a ton of stuff in my front pockets, so I keep my keys and wallet in my back pockets. Besides, I've never had any trouble with being pick-pocketed, the only time I've ever had something of notable value stolen was when I left my phone in my backpack at the school's locker-room.

I guess I wasn't smart enough to, you know, actually lock my locker.

Otherwise, I tend to be pretty secure with my stuff.
I walk around with my hands in my front pockets like a total tool, just so I know my wallet is safe in my hands.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know. I keep mine in my front pocket, mostly because I heard from a chiropractor that keeping it in your back pocket is bad for your back.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i never put anything in my back pocket. it just feels so unnatural. i have my phone wallet car keys mp3 player in my front pockets.

even with minimum stuff in my wallet i would have to remove it every time i sit down if it was in my back pocket

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
i dunno why. it's the way my dad's done it, and the way his dad's done it. either that or it's b/c both your wallet and your back pocket are shaped like rectangles as opposed to your front pocket which is circular.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Its just something i've always done, its not uncomfortable for my ass at all, and i can kind of feel when people are sticking their fingers down my pants. It actually feels strange to not be sitting on my wallet when i sit down now.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
I occasionally carry my wallet in my back pocket but it tends to move around a lot. I carry a full size handgun in my waistband and occasionally a compact so I move it to suit the need at the time. There arent any pickpockets here to speak of so it is generally moved due to space requirements.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Personally, I carry my wallet up front, but it does occasionally make me feel awkward because of the bulge in my pants, so maybe that's why guys tend to traditionally carry it in the back pocket? It might also be a throwback to the good old days, having it the back pocket may have been more polite because you weren't "showing off" by putting the money in front of you? Those are my guesses.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Just makes sense to me. I always keep things like change and keys in my front pockets. My wallet and cell are stuck in the backseats. I've kept my pockets this way since I started high school and years later I'm still stuck in the same pocket.. organization.. thing..?

I actually don't understand how you could keep a wallet in your front pocket.. doesn't it bother you when you sit that it's all cramped up in the front of your pants where all the folding happens when you sit down?

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Front pocket, same reason as mentioned. The back pocket feels weird, I guess I just never got used to it.

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
Man I thought I was alone OP.

I have a thick wallet that I keep in my left pocket along with my keys. My phone and ipod go in my right pocket. Never used my back pocket.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
steeple said:
I never do it, and I dont think I know of anyone else who does it, actually...

maybe the people where you live have really sensitive behinds, so they can feel better when people are stealing their wallet?
Yes, or maybe all his friends look like this? http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/downloads/images/season-5/510/image-11.gif?width=320

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I keep mine in the back, it's not massive, but I can feel it the whole time.

I've usually got keys and a pen in front right, phone in front left, mp3 in the right side pocket (carpenter jeans) wallet in back left, and knife in back right (it's got a clip and I move it to the far right of the pocket)

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I find it uncomfortable to have my wallet in my front pocket. My wallet is on a chain and locks and I'll feel it if you touch my wallet.