Why Play On Hard?

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
While playing Mass Effect 2 on insanity and dying (AGAIN) I realized I wasn't even enjoying it anymore. And I thought why the hell am I playing something I don't enjoy.

So Escapist why do you play on hard (If you do)? Are achievement points really worth a broken controller.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
When i get good enough at a game on a certain difficulty, i want a challenge so i go up a difficulty. The opposite aswell, when something is too hard i lower it.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
A plethora of reasons. For the achievements or bragging rights for most people. There's also the feeling of getting your monies worth, so you beat it on a higher difficulty. And then there's just those who want to feel challenged.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Sometimes it's for the achievements, others it is for the challenge. I beat God of War 3 on Spartan, God, and Titan, and I am seriously thinking of playing it again on Chaos even though there is no real benefit. More just to see if I can do it..

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I play on hard because it's a challenge. If I've completed the game on lower difficulties (although I usually play most games on hard now) there's no reason to not finish it on the hardest. The 1 game where I won't go near the hardest difficulty is, in fact, mass effect 2.

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
If you're able for it. Why not??? It'll play out the game for longer without resorting to mind numbing minigames~

dazed871

Apr 4, 2010
I love getting my ass kicked at something only to figure out the way to finally do it 2 hours later. Instant satisfaction right there.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
It's simple: a game that's too easy isn't a game. To clarify, if there's no chance of me ever losing ever, it cheapens the victory.

JRShield

Dec 9, 2009
The challenge! Sometimes easy and medium just don't cut it. Then you go hard or insane, for the challenge. Especially if a game doesn't have a multiplayer.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
I play all games on Hard because I feel it's degrading to my reflexes and skill to play on Easy.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Achievements only these days.

"Sense of accomplishment" is bullshit these days, as games just become CHEAP on hard. Not hard, but fair. Just cheap.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Some games I play on hard for the challenge (Call of Duty), some games I play on hard because they're just too damn easy if I don't (Star Wars Battlefront).