Why the new Hitman is likely to suck.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I'm still optimistic about this game. It's HITMAN, he always wins!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Another franchise ruined by "cinematic experience". Go to Hollywood you fuckin' morons if you want to make movies instead of video games.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I hesitate to link this but a new trailer has been released. Just remember a trailer is not indicative of what the actual game will be like but...erm... its...well just see for yourself.

I hope its lives up to the other games. I've already lost Splinter Cell to run and gun action, I'm not losing Hitman too.

KingsGambit said:
Full preview here [http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/hitman-absolution-preview-2/], but I'm gonna quote the significant parts.

"Where Absolution?s predecessor dropped Agent 47 into a wide open space that necessitated backtracking and planning, the new game?s library and orphanage come in bite sized chunks, each made up of spacious strips to be overcome before moving on to the next area."
So linear with the illusion of freedom or are these spacious areas different levels? If it is the former scratch being optimistic the game is obviously in the hands of complete idiots.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
For anyone here who didn't see this in the Escapist newsfeed or elsewhere.

Yeah... I'm not going to defend this anymore.

Hey, it's-gonna-suck folks, got room for another?

Sep 9, 2010
It should be impossible to mess this game up, blood money was fantastic and they just need to come up with new maps and fancier graphics.

I am not going to make up my mind until it comes out though, and I am going to give it every chance because I want to like it.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
PreviouslyPwned said:
I only played the first game, and that was terrible.
Well, compared to the next three, it is. Silent Assassin improves loads over Codename 47, and Contracts and Blood Money improve even more.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Dr. Octogonopus said:
Maybe wait for a game to be released before passing judgement?
That should be the case, but the developer's statement makes speculation all too easy...

I could handle these additions being in the game, as long as you can either choose not to use them or turn them off on the HUD, the patrol routes thing I can kind of get, maybe trying to widen the demographic (to impatient people), but a fucking RADAR? Granted being able to stalk targets from the map was admittedly a bit silly, but didn't take away from the experience, but a radar thingy would just make it too easy, again if it's not removable from the HUD.

I can see what could happen, as far as I know, the Hitman series has always been a cult favourite, and considering the state of the industry it sounds a little bit like a franchise being latched on to for it's already dedicated fanbase, but then trying to appeal to mass audiences in order to boost sales; doing both at once in this case? Not likely to end well.

I hope that isn't the case.

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
Shame. I enjoyed the Hitman series. I've pretty much given up hope for any titles from mainstream Devs that aren't CD projekt or indie.
Too many crap sequels. Too much greed. Too many disappointments.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I was worried, then I was more worried, then I was really worried, then I read a preview which was worried (and previews these days are normally adverts, for the most part), and now I'm almost entirely disaffected.

There is a very fucking good reason why Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is considered one of the best stealth games ever made, and why Conviction is considered an enjoyable, if somewhat forgettable, 7/10 romp.

It'll almost certainly be the exact same situation with Blood Money and now this.

The Artificially Prolonged said:
I hesitate to link this but a new trailer has been released. Just remember a trailer is not indicative of what the actual game will be like but...erm... its...well just see for yourself.

I hope its lives up to the other games. I've already lost Splinter Cell to run and gun action, I'm not losing Hitman too.

KingsGambit said:
Full preview here [http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/hitman-absolution-preview-2/], but I'm gonna quote the significant parts.

"Where Absolution?s predecessor dropped Agent 47 into a wide open space that necessitated backtracking and planning, the new game?s library and orphanage come in bite sized chunks, each made up of spacious strips to be overcome before moving on to the next area."
So linear with the illusion of freedom or are these spacious areas different levels? If it is the former scratch being optimistic the game is obviously in the hands of complete idiots.
The impression I have gotten is a linear series of large-ish rooms. And it's checkpoint-ed.

So, idiots.

I mean, that was the fucking point. You planned over the whole level, moved about as a normal person, had to take everything into consideration. The series spent forever trying to get over regular-style missions and now it seems they're dragging the fucking things back.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Granted, it's not really Hitman the way I remember it judging from this trailer , but it still looks rather fun. I hope not all missions are like this though...

IrvingNobel

May 30, 2012
Welcome to the future of Gaming.

We here at the Future would like to make your stay as simple and easy as possible. If you are having ANY troubles at all we will replace it with a Game Mechanic that will allow for even the simplest of minds to comprehend.

Don't know where to go? Press the "Instinct" Button. Can't find Health items/Taking too much damage? We'll just remove that all together. To much freedom and complexity to do what you want? We'll dumb down the story and remove the ability to allow you to customize your character.

Welcome to the Future. It's simple, Straight forward, and we'll treat you like and idiot and still get ALL your money.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
They've already said not all the missions would be linear. Try doing a little more research before making assumptions.

Typical fans, just want the same game over and over and over again.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Zhukov said:
The gameplay videos I've seen looked pretty good. Nothing amazing granted, but basically okay.

The previous games were rather crap, taking the series in a different direction might produce something decent.
guarenteedreplies.jpg

7/10, good show.

PreviouslyPwned said:
I only played the first game, and that was terrible.
It aged terribly, didn't it?

I managed to get over the fact it made my eyes bleed, but I even tried to run it on an old ass laptop and it still had that classic IO interactive bug that makes the game speed up.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
KingsGambit said:
Where you been man, this info has been out for ages XD

I'm still keeping a beady eye on it The combat was always a bit clumsy so no problem with it being re-done. 47 never talked much anyway, so no harm done. I am a bit sad that the composer is different though.

Im still hoping the game won't take "cinematic" too far. I read an article, can't remember where from but it described a level set in a big house party with lots of people milling around. Sounded more like the hitman i knew, so who knows :)

One last thing: What was wrong with blood monies controls? I can't speak for PC but on console it is the best hitman control-system yet. I especially liked how it assigned action, items and dropping to different face buttons. Must faster than going through the big single menu.