Why With All The Crying?

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I am depressed to have to admit this but the original ending to ME3 made me very upset, not cry but my eyes definately were puffy.

Also my 18 year old cat died a few months ago and that occasionally gets to me.

Hitofosheeto

Jan 16, 2013
I made this account to say that I cried at the end of Cowboy Bebop. Something about losing such a charismatic protagonist.

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
Well, I can't cry basicly

It's not that I'm never sad it's just that the tears won't come. It's really frustrating as well because crying is sort of a release of emotions and eases up the pain.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
EeveeElectro said:
I've just literally stopped crying at this comic

It was so weird, I was crying and laughing uncontrollably, it made me both sad and happy. God damn you Oatmeal, GOD DAMN YOU.
I had to hold back some when I read it yesterday.

Mom: Hey, Dangit2019, can you put up the dishes?
Me: HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT UP DISHES AFTER I'VE JUST BEEN ON AN EMOTIONAL JOURNEY?!?!

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
While I very rarely cry at all, I can recall crying at a handful of things, and getting choked up at more, but I can scarcely remember any of the things. Maybe I'm just repressing stuff.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
This scene from Gurren Lagann;

Made me openly sob for a good 5 minutes the first time I saw it. I had to pause the video to collect myself. I'd never really cried in response to any form of media prior. I mean, yeah it's sad! It's one of the most damn emotional scenes I've never witnessed, but apparently I have some sort of threshold, and that scene hit it JUST so to make me burst into tears. Considering all the other tragic shit that happens in TTGL, that's impressive.

Valgorn

Mar 6, 2012
Thomas Was Alone, cant say anyhting about it except that it hit me right in the feels, hard. One of the best games I've played. A must play.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
Well it's not for an unknown reason I have a warrior sense of pride and many EPIC moments get to me.
Latest one was from watching the Iron Giant a few days ago.
The Iron Giant is faced with the dilema that he is in fact a weapon but his child friend tells him he can choose to be who he is. So when he is flying into space to stop a nuclear bomb that memory plays through his head and he says to him self: Superman.

If i knew how to do montages and load them on here i would.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Yopaz said:
Well, honestly I just finished A Memory of Light (Awesome book by the way) and I shed a few tears at several points there. I also shed a tear when I finished the book, though that was because it's the last thing from Robert Jordan that I will ever get to read. His legacy is now complete almost 5 years after his death, I'm glad the series finally came to an end, but at the same time I'm really sad too. I also shed a tear when I watched a short documentary on the series and how it affected the fantasy genre and other authors.
I stayed up all night and blew through that book as soon as I got my hands on it. As sad as it made me to know it's all over, I'm actually glad that the authors didn't hold back for killing some main characters off, but I am going to miss them....

I've hated endings ever since I was a child and read the Chronicles of Prydain series, I balled my eyes out when I finished the last page and I shed manly tears at the ending of this series and in honour of the late Robert Jordan

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
I have only shed one tear in the past 2 years.

i ran through Mass Effect 2 and 3 one more time, but I changed some things compared to my previous playthroughs(romanced Jack, played a lot of renegade choices in 3). When I finally reached the ending, I realized that I didn't want it to end.

Here is hoping for a Mass Effect 4 that lets you be Shepard.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
The ending to toy story 3 I saw each movie when they came out except the first which I saw a few years after since I was born a year before it came out. That damned ending man I got teary eyed both times I watched it.

The only other thing that springs to mind was a short story I read can't remember the name but I remember someone saying you'll cry a lot when the ending comes around so I was prepared for it, oh man I thought I was but I wasn't.

Also Scrubs had a few tear jerker moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvtwRQrf-qc

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
RyQ_TMC said:
That one scene in The Pianist, where the starved thief tries to steal food from a woman, it falls to the ground and he dives face first into it, was very powerful. Not a tearjerker, but made me very emotional.
You didn't call this film by it's full name? "Harvey Keitel's Enormous Penis and The Piano".

Sorry, that's what it's call in our house... lol

Anyways, the end of Of Mice and Men always gets me.

The real big one that makes me choke up for a reason i will never understand is one line in one song..

The way Cindi Lauper sings the line "And darkness had turned to grey" in time after time... just that one line.. i dunno... strange lol

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Everything from Storycorps is great, but this one in particular makes me tear up. It isn't even the ending that gets me, it is this whole video...

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
WWmelb said:
You didn't call this film by it's full name? "Harvey Keitel's Enormous Penis and The Piano".
I was referring to The Pianist (2002 Roman Polanski film), not The Piano.

vasudean

May 30, 2008
With me, I would say that there is one song that makes me cry a little. Don't know why, but it does. It's the song Remember When by Alan Jackson. I truly don't know why, but it does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTA2buWlNyM.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
kyuzo3567 said:
Yopaz said:
Well, honestly I just finished A Memory of Light (Awesome book by the way) and I shed a few tears at several points there. I also shed a tear when I finished the book, though that was because it's the last thing from Robert Jordan that I will ever get to read. His legacy is now complete almost 5 years after his death, I'm glad the series finally came to an end, but at the same time I'm really sad too. I also shed a tear when I watched a short documentary on the series and how it affected the fantasy genre and other authors.
I stayed up all night and blew through that book as soon as I got my hands on it. As sad as it made me to know it's all over, I'm actually glad that the authors didn't hold back for killing some main characters off, but I am going to miss them....

I've hated endings ever since I was a child and read the Chronicles of Prydain series, I balled my eyes out when I finished the last page and I shed manly tears at the ending of this series and in honour of the late Robert Jordan
You and me both. I didn't find the ending sad, but I found the fact it ended sad and I found the fact that Robert Jordan never got to see this day sad. I have wanted the ending to come for so long, but in a way I wished the ending would never come. Now I'm really happy the book turned out the way it did.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
The Adventure Time Episode, 'I Remember You'.

I already tended to relate to Marceline more than any other character, and when we got the addition of watching a father figure uncontrollably lose his mind until he almost forgets you? Yeah, I cried; it just brought up a lot of things I sort of... repressed or mostly avoided thinking about for the vast majority of my life. There have been a lot of other moments that have gotten me teary/choked up (most of Mass Effect 3, the ending of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, lots of moments through the Harry Potter series), but I Remember You has the most... personal impact, I guess.