Why You Can't Swing A Sword In Fable: The Journey

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Sorry Lionhead. I put up with the problems in Fable 2 and 3. I even tried to enjoy them

But after that comment how you think second hand sales are worse than piracy, and then this? Safe to say I won't be buying this.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Must of us haven't swung swords, or fired guns so his argument about only including magic is null and void.

Our experience with magic is the same with most things; via media. I have an idea of how I'll wield magic - does that mean I should reject all other interpretations. Gaming is meant to be an extension of the unreal, and I really believe the point has been lost.

And I can guarantee the reason is because Microsoft want a 'strong' first party game and Molyneux's cutting these elements not for our preconditioning but for laziness of implementation.

All in all, a British developer I can't bring myself to support anymore.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
This sounds reasonable and good on it's own, but considering what I've been hearing about this project...

Sounds like him covering his ass.
Also the rail-shooter thing, I guess.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
...I see his logic...I do...but I'm not sure he's really had a good think about it...

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
This sounds like he paid attention to Yahtzee. Motion controls with no physical feedback are not immersive, indeed they often break immersion. Because you know that you should feel something solid when you swing our arm, you miss the physical feedback and that takes you out of the game. Right to the embarrassing realization that you're flailing about the living room in your girlfriend's pants.

Having never fired millions of volts of electricity from my fingertips, I have no frame of reference for any feedback this should entail, though I imagine some spasming is in order, so this handily sidesteps the issue. I don't expect physical feedback so I'm not disappointed when it's not there.

Avaloner

Oct 21, 2007
In other news: Peter Molyneux never wanted to make any profit of his games ever again.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
It's actually kind of impressive how he can consistently take what is still good in Fable and remove it.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
So, he takes out one of the best possible things you could do with a kinect game if done right, for a half assed and overly dramatic excuse? Molyneux is farrrrr too dramatic, as usual, for my liking. I have little interest in the game now. Really, who is going to buy this?

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
How about we bring back those damned fairies from Fable 1 and then give us the projectile weapons. That sounds like a challenge to me.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
figment of mind said:
Personally, i like lances and axes over swords, their just less overrated to me.

And molyneux, stop...just stop. It's just sad now. You should have let this concept die back when it was on the drawing board.
LOL pretty sure that wasn't the argument.
Personally I got no favorites, but I play medieval or fantasy solely for melee...

After he made the Fable 2 protagonist look like Shrek in human form, I was already saying "f*ck you Peter", now it's that I want to chop his head off with a sword, just cause he hates them so much.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I don't get why people are being so hostile, the lack of force feedback in the game when it comes to swords would likely take away from the immersion, what is so unreasonable about saying so and adjusting the game to avoid such an issue?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
It's actually the next instalment of the story.

So people without Kinect who have played all the previous games can't see the story progress.
Well, in Fable 3, they did cut out certain (albeit minor) parts of the game to those people that (a) didn't have anyone to play co-op with or (b) did, but couldn't find someone who wanted to wed their Fable 3 character to their friends.

Looks like they plan to take the concept of inclusion *cough* one step further with this new instalment.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That sounds really stupid Peter. Besides, I like swords.
Also I think you need to focus more on the story side of things, at least as far as the main villain is concerned. Your last couple of main villains haven't been very encouraging.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Fable is failing fast. Fable 3 was half the game Fable 2 was. Now Fable 4 will be a quarter of what Fable 2 was...how dissappointing. No buy from me this time, and I own a Kinect!!! Rather play star wars for sword and magic action. (P.S. Screw the random increase in all kinect games. I bought Dance Central when it was first released at $30. Why the HiLL is it all of a sudden $50?!?!?! After 6 months out on the market too! I guess it's true, that if the product works, Double the Price! If it then takes off, Quadruple the price!)

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If he hadn't actually said anything about not having swords, nobody would care!

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
How about if you drop the silly gimmick and make the GAME then you don't need to over think stuff like that? Seriously thats the most stupid excuse I've ever heard.