Wii Owners Play Console Least, Says Nielsen

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Proteus214 said:
And it's so true. We've had a Wii in the apartment since launch and we use our Sega Dreamcast more often. It's pretty sad now that I think about it.
Nothing sad about that. The DC has some quality titles. Im itching to play powerstone 2 again...

METC

Mar 21, 2009
Doug said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
HardRockSamurai said:
It figures. "Casual" and "Neglect" are two words with very little in common; that is, until Nintendo brought them together.
I'm laughing at that statement. Thank you.

What was that massive dip for the xboxes in may?
Not sure, but if you look, the PS2 and Wii have similar dips around the same time - something on TV, maybe? Or holiday season?
I'm laughing too.

The dip might be from major school tests, or a high stress period that could've been caused by the fact that it was during the month before summer.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Oh well, they have made £u$kl?ds of money from it, so I don't think they're that worried.

Misnomer

Dec 12, 2008
What? A console that sometimes requires physical activity and has limited online play does not get played as much as Xbox360 with its players that have a permanent butt dent in their sofas? You don't say.

Since it is a percentage as many have pointed out, the non-hardcore gamers who do not spend 6 hours in a day grinding the Skorpion so they can get the Gold Uzi skin on COD4 are quite likely to contribute to the Wiis lower rating. Perhaps there are people playing the Wii for a reasonable time. Maybe even these are people who have not gamed before so the Wii has actually increased the number of total hours gaming by adding participants.

Le Gasp!

Next thing you know someone will tell me that Escapist posters flame anything having to do with Wii with the same comments every time.

Say it ain't so...

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
HardRockSamurai said:
It figures. "Casual" and "Neglect" are two words with very little in common; that is, until Nintendo brought them together.

Possibly the beginning of summer. Exams and such.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Glefistus said:
It serves as a warning to Microsoft as to what Natal will become.
I'm sure they're rubbing their hands together thinking about all that money already.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
My Wii sits on my shelf and collects dust.
Maybe when Majora's Mask comes out in the Wii Store, maybe I'll turn the thing on to look.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Yes, the percentage of people that play is lower for the Wii than any other console. But, you should also consider the fact that there are so many more Wiis out there than the others. If you were to calculate the actual numbers, the results aren't too far apart.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
IxionIndustries said:
Maybe when Majora's Mask comes out in the Wii Store, maybe I'll turn the thing on to look.
It's been out for a month, I think.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Fat Man Spoon said:
Doug said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
HardRockSamurai said:

Not sure, but if you look, the PS2 and Wii have similar dips around the same time - something on TV, maybe? Or holiday season?
I know they do, I was just wondering why the dips were that much bigger for the Xboxes.
That's the start of Summer, a lot of people, including went on trips away from their systems, maybe people with 360 went on more trips or something.

Oh, and could someone say which line is which in order of their starting points? I'm very colorblind.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
whoa, that charts in minutes?

damn, if i sit down on a console, i rarely play for less than an hour

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
IxionIndustries said:
Umm... it is.