Wii Sports Resort Sells 500,000 Copies

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
The_Oracle said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
And check out the muscle.

Name me one person who would consider messing with him.
Is it just me or does Reggie really look like Adrian Monk?
Wha? Adria..*Googles* Oh him. Man, he really does doesn't he? Seperated at birth? Maybe he's on Nintendo's payroll, that's why they're so successful, he's always cracking the big mysteries to success.

Hm. That was pretty damned cheesy. I'll go off myself now.

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Wha? Adria..*Googles* Oh him. Man, he really does doesn't he? Seperated at birth? Maybe he's on Nintendo's payroll, that's why they're so successful, he's always cracking the big mysteries to success.

That wasn't cheesy, that was Punic Gold!

-This-is-Hip-Hop

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Well, this is sure to inspire more mediocre sports games.

Say so long to decent series.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The_Oracle said:
We'd better recruit some Spies to start sappin' their robos and sentries.
Hate we say it but might need Adama for this, he's killed robots before.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
This-is-Hip-Hop said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

That wasn't cheesy, that was Punic Gold!

-This-is-Hip-Hop
*removes sander from throat*

Why thank you This-is-Hip-Hop, you warm my heart.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Great news for Nintendo, but what's more surprising is this topic hasn't been ruined by the naysayers yet. So far so good!

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
500,000 copies? I'm almost ashamed to have a wii and therefore be associated with some of the sad lonely people who buy these "family" games.
Maybe it didn't occur to Nintendo that some people just aren't meant to play games, such as my cousins. They (except for the bigger ones) are the sorriest lot of gamers ever to disgrace this fine green earth.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
I'm sure all this "Wii Sports Resort" money will go into production for the new Legend of Zelda game, to ensure it will be the most epic/revolutionary game ever.

*Suddenly Miyamoto materializes and echoes "I don't think it's going to be that radically different" over and over until...*

*...Wakes up violently and sobs endlessly*

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Dusty Pancakes said:
500,000 copies? I'm almost ashamed to have a wii and therefore be associated with some of the sad lonely people who buy these "family" games.
What's to be ashamed of? Nothing wrong with "family" games. As long as they're fun right? Maybe not to you of course. You need shooters, blood and gore right?
Dusty Pancakes said:
Maybe it didn't occur to Nintendo that some people just aren't meant to play games, such as my cousins. They (except for the bigger ones) are the sorriest lot of gamers ever to disgrace this fine green earth.
Apparently you don't know Nintendo. Their target audience for the Wii are for people who don't play video games. It's rather sad that video games shift focus from having fun to "haha I noob-tube you ya fuck." I am a proud Wii owner. I do own an Xbox 360, but it's my secondary console just in case my Wii stops working. OH! Might I add that the Wii can't get a yellow light or a red ring of death. Score 2 for Nintendo.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
well good for Wii sports resort don`t see how a Nintendo game selling fast is news though they seem to fly off the shelves if they are focused around waggle and come packaged with a peripheral or controller.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Darkrai said:
Farson89 said:
Yahtzee won't be happy.
Xan Krieger said:
This just proves not enough people watch Zero Punctuation.
I'm sure everybody listens to him when he bashes the Wii. Because what he says about the Wii is true right? HAHAHA.
honestly having played on a Wii I can honestly say he doesn't bash it enough.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
That is nowhere near record breaking. Halo 3 easily outdid that, and with a much smaller console install base. Maybe the Wii fad is finally fading.

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Darkrai said:
Dusty Pancakes said:
What's to be ashamed of? Nothing wrong with "family" games. As long as they're fun right? Maybe not to you of course. You need shooters, blood and gore right?
Dusty Pancakes said:
Apparently you don't know Nintendo. Their target audience for the Wii are for people who don't play video games. It's rather sad that video games shift focus from having fun to "haha I noob-tube you ya fuck." I am a proud Wii owner. I do own an Xbox 360, but it's my secondary console just in case my Wii stops working. OH! Might I add that the Wii can't get a yellow light or a red ring of death. Score 2 for Nintendo.
Well, yer got me there.
I still prefer PS3

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I bet nintendo are wondering what the hell to do with all this money
It wouldn't suprise me if they bought a death star

Nox13last

Mar 18, 2009
Games that sell the most are usually the ones that come with the console. It's no wonder Wii Sports sold over 500,000 in a matter of months. It's because it came with the damn console for free.

It's my guess Wii Sports Resort is coming free with something, and people are only buying that.