Wii Wings Flap Wii Accessories to New Lows

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
If you turn 'em around maybe they're good for slapping? I'll just use my palms thanks. Also why aren't they called wiings?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
They'll also "add a sensation that you will not feel mimicking a flying chicken with your hands alone," and reportedly "take your flying experience to another level."
How exactly is it different? Oh, it costs more so my wallet will be lighter, therefore I can fly longer.

Gotcha.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
Well it sounded okay, but I think I'll stick with my cardboard, duck tape and wax ones thank you. Far more reliable.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Well, maybe they double as oven mitts...

This is absolutely absurd but I have seen weirder crap in a .99$ store. It's just odd to see it in videogames.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
I think these things could be very useful. Say you go back to a womans apartment for a 'cup of coffee' and you notice the "wii wings" in her living room. "Oh, i see you have the wii wings, I'll be going then." *Door slams, engine starts, tyres screech* There are worse ways of realizing someone is insane.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
ziggybogidou said:
This is why people hate the wii.
I have to say I cannot blame them.
I don't hate Nintendo. They're only responding to the idiots who keep buying this rubbish. Not putting out new pointless accessories would be like refusing bags of cash.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Its a sad, sad day to see not only is someone this monumentally stupid is actually employed. But their moronic ideas are actually getting approval. I don't want to know what they come up with next. If you buy this product, you are the very definition of FAIL.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
darkstone said:
It may be stupid looking, and I wonder why anyone would buy it, but it still doesn't top the Wii bowling ball peripheral.
maybe... but...

(cue game show presenter voice)

the wii wings are brought to you by CTA, the SAME company to already unleash on the world the wii bowling ball, wii ping pong paddles, wii rowring, wii football, wii shotgun (and sniper gun and multifunction gun and rifle), 2 sets of 8 in 1 sport controller, several wii exercise set, the wii push up bar, and of course the uncanny wii inflatable car !

And for the PS3 users that are red with envy when they see all the cool stuff the wii owners have, they also make a PS3 assault rifle controller ! and count on CTA to port all those one natal too

(everything available on amazon)
(end game show presenter voice)

nintendo is not to blame for all the crap third party company make for the wii. the wii balance board was a good idea actually, and the wii zapper was to have at least one decent product to compete with the third party stuff (but i admit it's arguable)

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Nintendo is doing an excellent job of discouraging me from buying the Wii with my summer savings. Mind you that it's just not this absurd accessories, it's Nintendo's vast array of "kiddy" games, too.

But this actually doesn't belong on the Escapist; it belongs on Fail Blog.