WiiWare's My Fireplace is a Game About a Fireplace

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I wanna know how much money they spent making this game. Also, there's somebody they should meet.

"Come out here, Billy"

*Little Billy steps out from behind*

"This is Billy, he is an orphan, all the money you spent on this game could have gone to him and his friend's only home so they can have good food and warm beds. But no, you were too busy making a virtual fireplace. Hope you enjoy your pretty little fire!"

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
sravankb said:
I'm really fired up for this one!!

If I play this for too long, my boss might fire me!

I hope I don't get flamed for this post.
Flamed?

Naw bro, you're going to get toasted !

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
This just raises my hatred for Nintendo even more, well not really a hatred more of a "Nintendo....you're fucking stupid, go away" kind of thing

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
How in the name of phosphorescent boxer shorts is this a good idea?
It's just another pile of...
Of...
Of...

Hee. Pretty. Pretty pretty.

What were we talking about?

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
It's shit like this that makes me glad I didn't buy the wii. When will they start making more than one decent game a year?

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
danpascooch said:
Except people who expect to see an HD picture, you know, instead of just rubbing dirt in their eyes.
I think your mistaken the Wii for the Xbox 360. As 90% of the Xbox 360 titles are dirt colored.
OMFG! Stop the flame war before it spreads!!!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Warvamp said:
Aura Guardian said:
danpascooch said:
Except people who expect to see an HD picture, you know, instead of just rubbing dirt in their eyes.
I think your mistaken the Wii for the Xbox 360. As 90% of the Xbox 360 titles are dirt colored.
Warvamp said:
It's shit like this that makes me glad I didn't buy the wii. When will they start making more than one decent game a year?
Hypocrisy much?

Anyway this technically isn't a game because it doesn't have objectives/goals/etc. Yes it's a goofy-ass piece of software but nobody's forcing anybody to buy it, just like nobody ever forced people to buy the multitudes of shovelware that appeared on every other popular console throughout the ages.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008

Wait, this got through a design team? I bet the development was cheap, no story and only a few animations but still who is going to buy this?

This is an abomination to software as it fails as a game with it's lack of interactivity and it fails as a fire as it does not provide heat

Warvamp said:
Ohh, I see what you did there

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Warvamp said:
Aura Guardian said:
danpascooch said:
Warvamp said:
Hypocrisy much?
Oh, srry, forgot about that post...
Okay yes you're right...

But I can be a hypocrit if I want to!!!!(Four exclamations make everything more interesting!!!!)

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
danpascooch said:
Yeah, I wish the 360 would be more like Killzone.. oh wait.. I mean God of War..dammit.. Resistance? nope..shit.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Wow! You know ironically it was Nintendo's seal of approval that saved the videogame industry, they wouldn't slap it onto anything like Atari did. Aaaaaaand now, they... slap it onto anything, like Atari did.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
RatRace123 said:
Wow! You know ironically it was Nintendo's seal of approval that saved the videogame industry, they wouldn't slap it onto anything like Atari did. Aaaaaaand now, they... slap it onto anything, like Atari did.
Strange isn't it? But at least it's a download instead of an actual retail game.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Strange isn't it? But at least it's a download instead of an actual retail game.
True, but someone at Nintendo still had to say, "Yes I approve of this non-game, you have our seal of approval"

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I can actually see this a being a good idea for those of us who may want a fake fireplace on our 48" LED TVs this Christmas.

I don't have a real fireplace anymore... :*(