WiiWare's My Fireplace is a Game About a Fireplace

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
What an oddly compelling product - it's always been my secret desire to have a virtual fireplace on my television screen, and now it's possible, joy!

But seriously, just how many drugs do you have to ingest before you decide making a virtual fireplace application is a sound course of action?
Considering how many DVDs are in stores that do the same thing with a static video loop it actually seems like a good idea, same for the virtual aquarium "game".

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
danpascooch said:
Except people who expect to see an HD picture, you know, instead of just rubbing dirt in their eyes.
I think your mistaken the Wii for the Xbox 360. As 90% of the Xbox 360 titles are dirt colored.
Hey! 90% brown? There's gray too ya jerk!

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
ThePurpleStuff said:
I wanna know how much money they spent making this game. Also, there's somebody they should meet.

"Come out here, Billy"

*Little Billy steps out from behind*

"This is Billy, he is an orphan, all the money you spent on this game could have gone to him and his friend's only home so they can have good food and warm beds. But no, you were too busy making a virtual fireplace. Hope you enjoy your pretty little fire!"
Who needs a warm bed when you have a firep... Oh wait.

Feb 13, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
My Fireplace will light WiiWare on fire sometime this year. Get it, fire? Like in the fireplace. Fire is in a fireplace. Forget it.
While we're grate-full for that pun, I'd poker-ound to see if you can't coal up some new puns.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Well that's a great product for... people who... don't have a... fireplace. I guess...

This is kind of nice as a decoration so you can have your TV look like a cozy fire but I don't see it doing too well. I know video games are a sedentary activity but I don't think that refer to the action on screen too.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
...Why? What is the point of a fireplace on a computer-game? Why not just end up simulating flipping a coin as well when you need a coin flipped to make a decision?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Here in Vancouver we get something called "The Log Channel" At winter time.
It's just a 24 hour loop during december of a fireplace burning.

It obviously gets ratings or they wouldn't have it! Who knows!

This wii thing probably will be popular!
The wii's targeted towards housewives anyways so I'm sure they'll dl it because it's "Nifty"

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Is it just me or is it a bit chilly? Cause I can feel the breeze of some early April chills...

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Ah, wise move, nintendo. They don't like obsolete tech, you see- as evinced by the firing of the GBA slot. So, they cook up this hot plot, designed to make you, in a hotheaded frenzy, literally set your Wii on fire, after being forced to watch the pretty flames without experiencing any warmth yourself.
Such cunning should be feared.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
I was just gonna go "Who on earth would buy that?". Then remembered a mate of mine refused to more into a flat without a fireplace lol. So to summarise, It's swings and ..... fireplaces? which sounds like a very dangerous combination

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Riobux said:
...Why? What is the point of a fireplace on a computer-game? Why not just end up simulating flipping a coin as well when you need a coin flipped to make a decision?
Chances are you are going to snapped up by a Nintendo executive by the end of the day. They can't let your ideas go to waste, if you start to struggle try suggesting to them "A man playing a game simulator".

Poor people without a fireplace, they won't know the hilarity of when coal spits out of the fire onto a rug. They also won't know the happiness that is the warmth of a fire when it's cold.

Elle-Jai

Mar 26, 2010
*hysterical laughter*

It's kinda sad when the review is more fun than the "game" but that about sums it up....

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I'm boycotting it because there is no PC version! And let's face it, even if they did make a PC version, it would probably be a crappy port...