WiiWare's My Fireplace is a Game About a Fireplace

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
I already anticipate their next release, could be something like "My turned off TV set" where it simulates a turned off TV while its actually turned on! The depth of the realistic lack of visual will be very immersive and will provide hundreads if not thousands of fun for all the family.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Wow! Who wants to buy a $1 DVD of a fireplace if they can mess with a picture of one for a multitude of said dollar instead?

HollywoodH17

Jan 6, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Stoke like a maniac, or choose the automatic option if you don't want to be troubled by the upkeep of a virtual fire.
I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard. Great sarcasm!

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Demon ID said:
Riobux said:
...Why? What is the point of a fireplace on a computer-game? Why not just end up simulating flipping a coin as well when you need a coin flipped to make a decision?
Chances are you are going to snapped up by a Nintendo executive by the end of the day. They can't let your ideas go to waste, if you start to struggle try suggesting to them "A man playing a game simulator".

Poor people without a fireplace, they won't know the hilarity of when coal spits out of the fire onto a rug. They also won't know the happiness that is the warmth of a fire when it's cold.
Either that or suggest them to move the hell on and make some new characters. To explore new and interesting ideas. Maybe try to appeal to the more serious crowd. Haha, who am I kidding? Nintendo making a Heavy Rain-esque game?!

Those poor people who have to rely on a Wii simulation will sadly never know the hilarity of having a bulldog shove it's arse between you and the fire-place guard, as it begins to pant away next to the roaring flame. Haha, good times.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I .. I have no words. I think I'm jut going to start stabbing people who unironically said they wanted to pay $60 for this ... atrocity.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
But... Dante's Inferno was already released. Why are they still virally marketing it?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well. I will certainly say it's unique...

Only in Japan lol

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
direkiller said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Tom Goldman said:
Statistics show that trillions of people die in fireplace-related accidents each year.
O_O

Trillions?
this just in fireplaces are worse then hitter and stallion combined
Skim through the article and close it. Few seconds later...trillions? Reopen article.
Maybe he's talking about sim deaths.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
So why would I need this when my cable provider gives me the Fireplace Channel free of charge?

No I am not kidding. I have a channel that is the fireplace channel and that is all it is 24/7

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
I giggled at the article.I can only imagine a let's play for this.

Also,when is the My Desktop coming and will it be for PC?
Here's hoping

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
This is especially stupid considering the Wii's inability to even make something like a fireplace look realistic. Even if I wanted a virtual fireplace, (which I don't) I would most likely want one that was rendered in something better than gamecube graphics.

LornMind

Dec 27, 2008
Now people can play Wii Resort pretend to have warmth instead of going on real holiday actually having it!

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Please stop saying fireplace. My brain can't take it anymore.

OT: Sure, I'd get it. If I had a Wii and it was FREE WiiWare; just for the lulz.
But if it were like, 1,000 Wii points, I'd say it was a complete waste. If it were free I wouldn't feel like I wasted money when I finally get bored and delete it.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Riobux said:
...Why? What is the point of a fireplace on a computer-game? Why not just end up simulating flipping a coin as well when you need a coin flipped to make a decision?
Yeah, they've already done that as an App for the Pokétch on the last Pokémon games. It was totally pointless and it makes me wonder what kinds of objects random Nintendo developers have lodged in their brains this time.
I love you, Nintendo, but please start bringing out games for this console generation, not completely pointless screensavers.