Will you buy a One?

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I beleve that this clip of bender shall answer your question

even if I already didnt think much of x-box they really screwed up this time

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Nope, I'm leaning towards full-time PC master race. Not interested in purchasing a peripheral I won't use or paying money for multiplayer any longer. Maybe one day I'll change my stance, but not in the near future. I don't have any problems with the DRM 180's, in fact, I didn't mind their original stance although I didn't like the always-on Kinect camera.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
No--hell no. Probably get a PS4. I mean, at this point Microsoft is just copying Sony, so I don't imagine I'll be missing much. This is coming from someone who bought a PS3, and hasn't really touched it save for playing Killzone & Uncharted. I only recently started doing my gaming on my PS3. (And PC.)

I don't like rewarding stupid shit... any more than I have to. Microsoft's done so many 180s I'm surprised their neck hasn't snapped. I just can't support a company that tries to fuck its customers that hard. Yeah, they're reversing their policies, but they still TRIED to fuck me. It's like "Hey, sorry about that extremely rough ass play just now, but I want you to know, I've changed. Are ya buying that? Will you buy all my shit now?"

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Currently, No. If they make an Xbox one that does not have the Kinect physically attached to it at all, and a removable hard drive I will consider it. Until then, No Thanks, they can keep their Kinect and they can have this one I already own sitting in a box back here as well. I currently own 3 dead Xbox 360's one functional 360, but this time around I will be only purchasing PS4's as of now. I will consider whether or not to renew Xbox live memberships for the 360 after Xbox one is released. I will probably wind up not renewing those either. I didn't like the Kinect I own and have no use for it. Their decision to not make it optional hardware, and not having a removable hard drive killed my enthusiasm to continue giving them my business.

If it were not for the removable hard drive, I would have lost everything on the 3 dead systems. I am not interested in a device that gets beer spilled on it at a party, or knocked off the counter and then you can't just take the hard drive out and put it in another.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Won't be touching this shitbox until they remove the kinect. No one wants that heap of spy-tech, so it should be an easy decision for the asshats at microshaft.

PS4 is a given for me at this point but the xbone purchase hinges on whether or not MS remove their deeply embedded heads from their asses.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
BiH-Kira said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Even further, they're making the Xbox One able to last for at least 10 years [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-why-xbox-one-is-cool-and-quiet] now. So yeah, we're pretty covered now on this.
This is actually funny because it's a misleading information. Something bad with a huge coat of bullshit until it sounds nice.

Well, the problem is that it's 10 years of constant work, without turning on or off. That means that the actual lifespan for the wast majority is much less than 10 years. The element that takes away the most of the consoles lifespan is the turning on/off of it. The huge heat fluctuation is one of the major causes why electronic devices break.
If the console is constantly on, the heat fluctuation is minimal.
If you plan to turn it on/off only 2 times per day, it's alrady worse than if it was running the whole day.

Also, a 10 year lifespan is shirt anyways. My NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB, GBC, GBA and PS1 are still running fine (the GC and PS1 have some problems because of dust 'n' lasers 'n' shit, but still running).

They are basically saying "this shit will break less than the 360, but isn't even close to being quality stuff".

Jacco said:
I'm so fucking tired of this "they showed their true colors" crap. They added the features they did because they were trying to build the Xbox into something more than a gaming system. They thought people would like and appreciate the new features while still giving the publishers and developers a cut of profits they were missing out on. They were trying to make everyone happy and it backfired.

It wasn't a calculated attempt to undermine the consumer. It was a way to help everyone be happy.

The very fact they took consumer feedback and acted on it, essentially killing everything they wanted the Xbox One to be, should be applauded and rewarded. Microsoft showed they are indeed a company that cares about their consumers and what we
First of all, gaming is a business for them and the publisher. So I don't care even a tiny bit about their happiness. They are happy if they get my money for nothing, I am happy if I get the game for nothing. Our happiness is mutually exclusive. Sooo... lets just say that I pick my happiness over their happiness.

If MS is going make the publisher (the rich guys who are already making far more money than they deserve) happy by taking away my happiness and my rights... well, fuck them.

And no, they didn't try to make everyone happy. They tried to make their pockets as full as possible while spining this shit until it sounds good.

Second, the very fact that it took a huge backslash of the fans for MS to realize how badly they fucked up the One just shows how out of touch with reality they actually are. They aren't "killing" those "features" because they understand the feedback they got. No, they "kill" those "feature" because they realized they will earn a lot less if they don't do.

They didn't do a 180 because they realized they are wrong, they did it because it brings more money for now. They don't understand why and what is wrong with the Xbone, which means they will repeat it the next moment they get a chance to get away with it.

There is a gigantic difference between correcting a mistake because you know it's a mistake and correcting it because someone told you so.
Notice that I said AT LEAST 10 years. It could probably last for a lot longer. Also, the old systems still run because they were using less complex, and generally less parts than the newer consoles, which are now pretty much acting like full-blown PC's at this point. You ever see a PC screw up? Of course you have. Does that mean that each PC is a horridly built machine? No. Same for the Xbox One.
-
You see, your problem is you're letting emotion get into this. The whole picture is very simple. Business sell a product(s) or service(s) to get money. You choose whether you want a product or service they are selling. If so, you give them money, and they give you a product/service. Simple as that. It only matters that some products were bad at any time in the past in terms of quality and even then, most companies have churned out a lot mistakes. Sony isn't perfect by a longshot (gaming pun intended) either.

Microsoft made a product. They made mistakes, they fixed a huge chunk of them. Yet people are acting like emotional kids saying 'BAAHH!! Micro$oft is evil! I'll never ever buy from them never ever!!!!' It doesn't matter if a company cares about its consumers or not. What matters is what they're selling. And quite frankly, I fail to see a problem with it anymore.
When PC hardware screws up, you take the side off, remove the part that is defective and put a new one in & problem solved. You can find parts for PC in MANY stores readily available for repairs. When Xbox 360's die after you already tried to solder everything you can, but then still fails, you take the hard drive out and put it in another. When my friend knocks the Xbox one off the counter how do you remove the hard drive and put it in another? Oh yea, you don't. LOL @ Xbox 1 lasting 10 years. Unless they are offering a 10 year warranty there is no point in them saying it will last 10 years. One cold winter with a draft under the door cooling the board at night and heating it up during the day while playing will kill it in no time when all the connections on the board snap and you are forced to reflow it or buy another. Since most people do not know how to reflow a board, they will be looking at a paperweight. It doesn't even have to overheat to require a reflow if it gets cold enough at night.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Not. A. Chance. I can't afford it and wouldn't waste my money on it if I could. The utter contempt Microsoft has shown towards it's customers is staggering. I sure has hell am not going to support any company that would display such contempt. Besides, it's not a games console, it's glorified cable box.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Oh most probably I'll get one..... eventually. None of the Xbox One's launch titles are particularly exciting for me (neither are the PS4's for that matter), but I'll almost certainly buy one at SOME point. Just not straight away. I probably wouldn't buy the PS4 straight away either (but I'll definitely get one at some point).

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I wont be getting either, assuming Hideo Kojima really does bring the latest MGS games to PC like he implied.

My PC already does what the PS4 and Xbox can do, and then some. I don't care much for the console exclusives, with the exception of MGS, so why would I spend $400 + on a less than capable computer?

Plus, with Microsoft's massive waves of 180's with their policies, it seems to me that they have a huge lack of foresight and understanding of their potential customers. I don't think I could trust them to continue on without a lot of mucking about.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Lil devils x said:
When PC hardware screws up, you take the side off, remove the part that is defective and put a new one in & problem solved. You can find parts for PC in MANY stores readily available for repairs. When Xbox 360's die after you already tried to solder everything you can, but then still fails, you take the hard drive out and put it in another. When my friend knocks the Xbox one off the counter how do you remove the hard drive and put it in another? Oh yea, you don't. LOL @ Xbox 1 lasting 10 years. Unless they are offering a 10 year warranty there is no point in them saying it will last 10 years. One cold winter with a draft under the door cooling the board at night and heating it up during the day while playing will kill it in no time when all the connections on the board snap and you are forced to reflow it or buy another. Since most people do not know how to reflow a board, they will be looking at a paperweight. It doesn't even have to overheat to require a reflow if it gets cold enough at night.
When PC hardware screws up, you better hope that it's something inexpensive. If it's the Graphics Card, CPU, or the motherboard, you'll be spending at least $200 to get it replaced, easy. And this isn't even going into the MANY software problems that a PC is prone to. BSOD's, malware, software conflicts, incompatible drivers, software not properly installed, and etc.

And ALSO not to mention that great and close brother to all of these wonderful PC problems, hardware requirements for games. You don't have a PC powerful enough to run it? Looks like you're up shit creek without a paddle. That game you're eyeing won't get any less strenuous to run. Want to upgrade? Is your store-bought PoS PC from Best Buy able to take upgrades? No? Well, guess you're going to be spending upwards of $600 for a new one with half-way decent specs.

Yeah, with a PC, it's just a DREAM compared to a console. >_>

Disclaimer: While I just gave the PC platform a lot of crap, I will also acknowledge completely that once you get started with a good gaming PC and have all your software installed and configured just right, it is a whole lot better than a console. But that's the thing. It takes preparation, work, and time.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Lil devils x said:
When PC hardware screws up, you better hope that it's something inexpensive. If it's the Graphics Card, CPU, or the motherboard, you'll be spending at least $200 to get it replaced, easy. And this isn't even going into the MANY software problems that a PC is prone to. BSOD's, malware, software conflicts, incompatible drivers, software not properly installed, and etc.

And ALSO not to mention that great and close brother to all of these wonderful PC problems, hardware requirements for games. You don't have a PC powerful enough to run it? Looks like you're up shit creek without a paddle. That game you're eyeing won't get any less strenuous to run. Want to upgrade? Is your store-bought PoS PC from Best Buy able to take upgrades? No? Well, guess you're going to be spending upwards of $600 for a new one with half-way decent specs.

Yeah, with a PC, it's just a DREAM compared to a console. >_>

Disclaimer: While I just gave the PC platform a lot of crap, I will also acknowledge completely that once you get started with a good gaming PC and have all your software installed and configured just right, it is a whole lot better than a console. But that's the thing. It takes preparation, work, and time.
LOL! No, you only pay that if you don't have a friend that can read Chinese.
If you or a friend can read Chinese you can order direct and get much better prices. :p
However, you can also build a gaming rig for far less that will out perform a console. I gave away rigs for $300 a piece ( inc windows 7) last year at Christmas that still have a 6 core processor and 8g of ram w/ a GPU that will play most games on the market fine. Sure, you can build a top of the line rig and spend a fortune, but to get one that blows away consoles you don't even have to spend $100 on replacement parts to repair them even if you shop at New Egg.

I have never had any of the problems you listed though, but I guess you have to know what you are doing. I have however, solved those problems for friends and family.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
Jacco said:
Shuu said:
And I know full well that they didn't backtrack happily, but through gritted teeth.
You're going to fault Microsoft for completely trashing their entire roadmap for the new console generation and essentially wasting all that money on development when they could've just released a new upgraded version of the console they already had and gotten the same effect because they did all that with "gritted teeth?"

I'm sorry but that's just completely asinine. If you want to hate Microsoft, hate them for charging $60 dollars to get basic services for games, or for bombarding you with advertisements after said $60 dollars has been paid. Or hell, even for released the garbage that is the Surface. But it's completely stupid to fault them for not saying "thank you for fucking us, consumer base." They backtracked on the things people didn't like at great cost to them. What more do you want?
Please don't take a snippet of my overall statement and make that out to be the entire point of my comment. Believe me, I do hate on Microsoft on many things, like the ones you suggested, I just didn't feel the need to list them all here.
The fraction of my comment you referened was merely intended as a qualifier to those people who would tell me I can't be mad at Microsoft for being so malicilious towards consumers with their stupid policies now that they've reneged. For example, I believe they will try all this again, based not one when the business model and the infrastructure can support such features, but on when they think they can get away with it.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Jacco said:
I'm so fucking tired of this "they showed their true colors" crap. They added the features they did because they were trying to build the Xbox into something more than a gaming system. They thought people would like and appreciate the new features while still giving the publishers and developers a cut of profits they were missing out on. They were trying to make everyone happy and it backfired.

It wasn't a calculated attempt to undermine the consumer. It was a way to help everyone be happy.

The very fact they took consumer feedback and acted on it, essentially killing everything they wanted the Xbox One to be, should be applauded and rewarded. Microsoft showed they are indeed a company that cares about their consumers and what we think which is far more than most companies now are doing.

So stop with this entitled self righteous crap and admit that you don't want to buy an Xbox because you want a PS4 more, not because Microsoft is some evil Umbrella clone and Sony is not.
I must agree, while the PS4 will be my prefered console Im getting both (I have all of this gens consoles and will continue that trend). I wasn't going to get the xbone initially due to the always online and kinnect requirements, I don't agree with what they wanted to do so I voted with my wallet. Now that they fixed my grievances with the system they were rewarded with a sale. Nothing more to say really till it's released and we can try the thing out.

EDIT: I should note that I wont be getting it day 1, I will wait a year or so to confirm their not doing another 180....

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Nope. I'm a PC gamer, and I don't have $600 [I'm Australian] just lying around for a console I might get 1 or 2 games on. I'd rather upgrade my graphics card and max out Star Citizen on 3 monitors with an Oculus Rift to use instead, if I so choose.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Nope. I will be buying a new PC, and if I have some spare cash and decide it's time to get a console, I'll go for the PS3.

And this is without taking into account all the One bullshit that went down. The simple fact is that in the past two generations Playstation had more exclusives that I couldn't play on any other platform. Very few games were XBox only and those were mostly shooters. Playstation always had more PS-only games in the genres I actually enjoy, like RPGs and such. And PC stays my primary platform because it supports the genres I enjoy the most (strategy, RPG) while getting a fair number of other games.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Yes. Titanfall is really the only reason I need to buy one, but there are a few other reasons.

1. I have a feeling that the community will be a lot quieter on the Xbox. The sheer amount of hooting fanboy dickholes I see posting middle fingers on unrelated Microsoft Facebook posts and bragging about how they "converted" to Sony makes me think that the shrieking mimzies are migrating. Feels good. EDIT: A lot of comments with excessive profanity and blatant ignorance in this thread totally prove my point! Glorious.

2. I have a 360 but I never bought a PS3. My entire gaming identity is on the Xbox service.

3. I like the controller

4. More titles I'm interested in (did I mention Titanfall?)

5. I generally have more faith in Microsoft products. (I have the same 360 I got on launch day, while my Sony bluray player crapped out in 2 weeks, but that's rhetorical)

6. The losing side in a battle like this has advantages. Ps plus came from competition, and games with gold came from PS plus. There will be perks, I can almost guarantee it. Act as self righteous as you want Sony fanboys, its all about money.

And that's my list :D

Not getting one at launch though. Gonna wait for a sexy Titanfall bundle.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
ImmortalDrifter said:
Yes. Titanfall is really the only reason I need to buy one, but there are a few other reasons.

1. I have a feeling that the community will be a lot quieter on the Xbox. The sheer amount of hooting fanboy dickholes I see posting middle fingers on unrelated Microsoft Facebook posts and bragging about how they "converted" to Sony makes me think that the shrieking mimzies are migrating. Feels good. EDIT: A lot of comments with excessive profanity and blatant ignorance in this thread totally prove my point! Glorious.

2. I have a 360 but I never bought a PS3. My entire gaming identity is on the Xbox service.

3. I like the controller

4. More titles I'm interested in (did I mention Titanfall?)

5. I generally have more faith in Microsoft products. (I have the same 360 I got on launch day, while my Sony bluray player crapped out in 2 weeks, but that's rhetorical)

6. The losing side in a battle like this has advantages. Ps plus came from competition, and games with gold came from PS plus. There will be perks, I can almost guarantee it. Act as self righteous as you want Sony fanboys, its all about money.

And that's my list :D

Not getting one at launch though. Gonna wait for a sexy Titanfall bundle.
Titanfall is on Pc as well, so you will not need an xb1 to play it.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/192294/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition
However, they haven't ruled out a later ps4 release:
Titanfall Xbox exclusivity "a tactical opportunity" but PlayStation release "not out of the question" according to Joel Emslie
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/titanfall-xbox-exclusivity-a-tactical-opportunity-but-playstation-release-not-out-of-the-question/0117147

I have the 360 I bought on launch day too, but it is dead along with 2 other dead 360's, and 1 working one I bought last December. You must not have used yours as much. LOL

I will not be buying a one though, I want a gaming console with a removable HD so when it breaks I can put it in the next one, not a Kinect box. I have a Kinect sitting in a box already they can have it back.

Da pyro man 999

Aug 24, 2009
I've been a console gamer for as long as i have been gaming. Being that i'm a big 360 player, the xbone has actually forced me to begin looking at PC gaming for the first time, which is pretty impressive.