Will you buy a One?

VG_Addict

Jul 16, 2013
In light of the recent 180s, will you buy an XBOX One? My answer is no. They've already shown how little they care about customers with the DRM and anti used game policies. And most of the good games for it at launch are multiplat.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
If they release a bunch of irresistibly good games on it that I can't play on a platform I already own, then sure, I'll consider it.

As far as I'm aware, Microsoft 180'd on the things that turned me off the Xbone. However they're yet to offer anything that turns me toward it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yep. They 180'd on the stuff that I didn't like, and have some games coming that I'm interested in.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I'm not. I really only have the money to invest in one console, and while they 180'd on the things I don't like, that still just leaves them neutral[footnote]Given I can forgive them for what smug assholes they were before the 180 flip, which I haven't and probably never will[/footnote]. The PS4 has more games I'm looking forward to.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
With the news that you can operate the console without the Kinect even plugged in, Xbox One is no longer outright banned from my home. I'd probably still wait for a price drop and a decent number of attractive exclusives, but they've pretty much fixed every issue I had with the device.

Well, almost everything. All of the dashboard ads are still annoying.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
I'm in the wait and see crowd. I'll see how the reviews are and wait for a selection of games I'm interested in.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Nah. Fuck Microsoft. Their original press conference essentially told me,(And a lot of other people) to piss off because of my internet connection and preference for DRM free physical discs. But I might get a Wii U or PS4. That's enough console for me.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Maybe eventually... The PS4 is definitely going to be my first new system purchase and I'm not even intending to buy that at launch, gonna wait for the second system run after the hardware bugs have been worked out or a must have game. With the One it'll definitely be a wait for a must have game before I buy one.

It'll be interesting to see if it mirrors my experience with the 360 and PS3 though, I bought a 360 first but now I mostly do either PS3 or PC gaming with my 360 mostly gathering dust next to my Wii.

Oh wow... funny Captcha... which is smaller, one of several Nations... or a Cabbage...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I honestly wasn't gonna buy one even before all that colossal amount of shit hit the fan. I hardly use my 360 anymore except to play Mass Effect or The Orange Box anyway.

But the fact that they had the gall to try and pull what they were going to, makes me never want to touch any future console of theirs. They'd have to bring out the biggest fucking guns imaginable for me to sway. And even then it would remain adoration from afar.

Wickatricka

Aug 26, 2011
Hell yeah man. The only thing I care about is xbox live accounts carrying over which is happening so I'm getting one. At the end of the day the Ps4 and Xbox one are gonna be the same. Just like the Ps3 and 360. I think people are taking this a bit too seriously.

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Eh I won't be bitter at them for seeing the error in there ways and changing it. I don't like the whole " oh since we aren't doing the drm we're taking the family share plan away so we'll rub your nose in that" BS, oh and ya could have perfectly done your over glorified 45 minute demo to people that share games they bought digital only in the first place.

The only thing is I'm staring at both the PS4 and xbox 1 and pretty much saying " alright there isn't really anything to great to cost 500+ dollars for the systems and the games, the good games will be on the console I have already, and looking at the wii U and ps3 launches, there probably won't be much great after the consoles come out for months.

Day one I probably won't either or at least the ps4 since I have a 100 down on each already

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Even with all of the 180's I will have to say no. Let's face it, they heavily tipped their hand at what their long term goals were, were prepared to screw over their player base, and completely failed to understand why these things would be an issue.

Even if the machine came with free blowjobs I still wouldn't trust them to not release a console update that holds your dick hostage if you don't hand over your credit card. If they want my business, they're going to have to earn that trust, and at best I might buy their next console after the XBone if they can go an entire generation without screwing the pooch.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Eve Charm said:
Eh I won't be bitter at them for seeing the error in there ways and changing it.
My problem is I'm not convinced that they've seen the error of their ways. They certainly saw future profit margins disappearing before their eyes, but they never really seemed to be anything but flabbergasted that people didn't want this stuff. Hell, they fired a guy for running his mouth on Twitter and stirring up the gamer hornets nest about exactly the kind of stuff they did anyway. They had a sneak peek at what the reaction was going to be and still went ahead with it. I'm honestly not sure what to make of that kind of naivety.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I will not. I didn't trust Microsoft for its shitty ideas and I definitely trust them less now that they've gone against them.

Potion802

Sep 21, 2012
No, other then all the things that have been reversed right now, so the Xbox One is now at least a decision then an outright no, the Xbox 360 had a severe lack of exclusives that I was interested in (really the only two mainstream ones were Blue Dragon and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, which I borrowed a console and games from my friends so....) and I don't expect that to change and most of the changes to the Xbox One had to be TOLD to Microsoft, while Sony didn't have to be told shit, and knew where they were going since they announced the console. I also want a new Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Dexter, and a whole bunch of announced exclusives that I really want. Only thing I want at this time for the Xbox One is Project Spark, which is coming out for PC. Also most of the stuff that has "changed" for the One is patched out first day, so it can easily be put back in, which really scares me the most. So PS4 for at least until March 2014, then we'll see where we are from there.

yungr3zzyson

Oct 5, 2010
I was getting an Xbox One the day they announced it and all of their policies. None of them affected me personally at all, and now that they've reversed a lot of their policies, changed presidents, and changed who leads their market and development team it's a much better console than the PS4 could ever hope to be. There are WAY too many exclusives on the Xbox One to pass up, and what does PS4 have that's exclusive anymore? They lost final fantasy, they lost metal gear, and they lost kingdom hearts. Lol there's absolutely nothing on that console that I want anymore since all of their bread and butter jumped ship. Xbox One all the way!

PS: Titanfall, that is all.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Nope, I still don't trust Microsoft not to screw me over and most importantly it doesn't have good exclusives. While there aren't a ton out yet I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Japanese games will be made for Japanese consoles, so I'm getting a PS4 and a WiiU. The Xbone doesn't add anything of value.

ten.to.ten

Mar 17, 2011
Maybe after a few years. The PS4 looked a lot more appealing to me, even without Microsoft's fuck ups.