Will you forgive Bioware if they bomb ME3?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Lets face it, when it comes to sequels to video games they tend to disappoint and don?t even get me started on trilogies. Now I can?t speak for everyone, but Bioware has been my favorite company for years. Aside from Dragon Age 2 it has never really disappointed me at all. With that being said

Would you forgive Bioware if they bombed Mass Effect 3?

For me I would have to forgive them. It wouldn?t be easy, but they have done so well in the past that they would deserve a chance to make it up somehow.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
Fuck no.. After making ME1 and 2 so amazing if they some how bombed Mass Effect 3, I would never buy another game of there's. Why? Because they would have crushed my soul, and that is a wound time cannot heal.

Chris Courtney

Jul 27, 2011
zama174 said:
Fuck no.. After making ME1 and 2 so amazing if they some how bombed Mass Effect 3, I would never buy another game of there's. Why? Because they would have crushed my soul, and that is a wound time cannot heal.
That almost made me cry

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
If they had the entire trilogy planned then there would be no way to drop the ball barring publisher interference and even then it'd be EA's fault.

But if they just give us a shit ending with an excuse to make another trilogy or more sequels, then yes I will hold it against them (e.g. God of War III and Halo 3).

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
no and double no, i have good expectations for it, and they would have to make up big time to earn my forgiveness, i've been looking forward to it, and if it bombs, i will NOT be a happy chappy.

captcha: lyfaint sarcoma. i wouldn't want to catch that!

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
CarrionRoc said:
If they had the entire trilogy planned then there would be no way to drop the ball barring publisher interference and even then it'd be EA's fault.

But if they just give us a shit ending with an excuse to make another trilogy or more sequels, then yes (e.g. God of War III and Halo 3).
Well the ending is all up to you isn't it?

blackhole1

Jun 7, 2010
In short, NO.

At least if it's Bioware's fault. If it's because of EA meddling I might be more forgiving. Simply put, ME3 is probably the one game I'm looking forward to the most next year. Ruining it would break my heart in about 10 different ways.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Mass Effect 2 is one of my favourite games ever. They promise a lot for Mass Effect 3 and don't deliver, I will be immensely unhappy. Maybe not hate them forever, but I will lose faith in them.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
I will never forgive them. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are one of my favorite games of all time, they have no excuse to screw this up! I forgave them for Dragon Age, because I didn't like the combat in Origins, and even though DA2 wasn't all that great, it DID have some improvements. How can they possible screw this up? Combine Mass Effect 2's combat with Mass Effect 1's story and you have a perfect game.

TL;DR - I will burn their souls with the black flames of hatred from my frozen heart!

C117

Aug 14, 2009
I don't really think I could. See, Mass Effect has, for me, always been this epic journey of a single character against a massive alien threat, and everything said character experiences as he/she strive to aquire power and allies enough to take on the aliens.

Somehow, this has led me to become genuinely attached to the characters, especially Shepard and Kaidan (I play as FemShep, okay?), and I really want this whole story to end as good as it began. If Bioware bombs this, I don't know if I could put faith in them again.

But hey, they haven't let me down yet, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that ME3 will be every bit as epic and emotional as ME1 & ME2.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
Well, I did not forgive them Dragon Age 2. So I'm kinda sceptic concerning every game they're going to put out. It'll stay that way till they stop dumbing down their games, I'm afraid. And that's not the trend they're going for.
Tbh, I think their next franchise will be a straight up shooter with "RPG-Elements"

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Of course I will, depending on how i feel about their future games, at the moment the only series of theirs i actually play is Mass Effect, so if they came out with a game that interested me as much as Mass Effect i would definately buy it. Because you know what, people can make mistakes, and i would forgive Bioware :)

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
Ruwrak said:
CarrionRoc said:

But if they just give us a shit ending with an excuse to make another trilogy or more sequels, then yes (e.g. God of War III and Halo 3).
Well the ending is all up to you isn't it?
It up to me in the limits they give.

SquirePB

Apr 5, 2011
I'd be pissed off but I'd get over it (in a few years time with some therapy) cos they have a history of making quality games and I figure they'd probably bring out a new game eventually which I'd love.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
If ME3 bombs I'd actually be impressed. Think about the original ME game. It was well-loved despite the Mako and the Inventory 'system'.

ME2 had a richer story proves decision made in ME actually mattered and the more stream-lined design worked.

If they screw this up, again I would be impressed.