Will You Press the Button?

The Event

Aug 16, 2012
How about a little game to waste some time?
There is this website http://willyoupressthebutton.com/
The idea is pretty basic, you press the button and get something good but it also comes with a downside e.g. you get some money but someone dies. There are a lot more scenarios than that though.

So for fun try it out and post the first one that you chose to push the button on. Then we can see what people really want and what they are willing to put up with to achieve it.

My first press,
You can have any super power you want
But
Every time you use it you become one day closer to death

I'm not quite sure how that works with the power of immortality though.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
http://willyoupressthebutton.com/44497/yes

I changed the weather at will, but the weather I chose lasts for a month. Anyone fancy ash storms? No? Too bad!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
"You wake up the next morning as your preferred Gender, everyone recognizes you as such, you pass."
But
"A friend you have dies, and if you have no friends a relative you like dies."

I gotta say I'm kinda tempted with that one.

I probably wouldn't. But I'm tempted.....

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
"You have super fast Internet but the only site you can access is Omegle." I already have superfast Internet, so no thanks.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
...Say what now?

"Your current/future wife/husband has the absolute perfect body and personality" but "You meet them when you're both 15 and they are the only person you can ever date and you can never cheat"

You can never cheat on your ideal mate...how the heck is that a downside?

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
"You will get the guy\girl from your dreams" but "They are striken blind for the rest of their lives".

That's a good one, while a huge part of me is saying that's a huge dick move and I would be a monster for it, there's still that tiny little part saying yes.
Does it makes me such a bad person that I can't choose even one being clearly more evil than another?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
sky14kemea said:
"You wake up the next morning as your preferred Gender, everyone recognizes you as such, you pass."
But
"A friend you have dies, and if you have no friends a relative you like dies."

I gotta say I'm kinda tempted with that one.

I probably wouldn't. But I'm tempted.....
Duuuuude...

Then again, I apparently just killed my partner:

http://willyoupressthebutton.com/4510/yes

In all fairness, I did warn them about standing between me and immortality.

seventy two

Mar 7, 2011
Have supernatural abilities through eating a fruit, but Lose the ability to swim. Jokes on you, I already can't swim.

Had a different one to help direct a Tim Burton movie in exchange for Johnny Depp no longer acting, almost hit the button because I don't care about Depp, but I don't know if I want my name attached to a Tim Burton movie.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
"You learn to survive a zombie apocalypse with any 14 people and the weapon of your choice (with unlimited ammo)"
But
"3 of the people closest to you are bitten and turned, and you are the one that must kill them."

Um, no.

Well that was easy! :D

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
You will receive a pizza but you will be slapped across the face with the pizza first.

Ok, I'll bite.

The Event

Aug 16, 2012
Asita said:
...Say what now?

"Your current/future wife/husband has the absolute perfect body and personality" but "You meet them when you're both 15 and they are the only person you can ever date and you can never cheat"

You can never cheat on your ideal mate...how the heck is that a downside?
Unfortunately some of the people submitting questions to the site don't seem to understand what the word "downside" means

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
1. You are above the law, but you can never drive more than 60 MPH.

Fuck yeah I'll do it.

2. You have infinite knowledge, but you have to spend workweeks in preschool for eternity.

What exactly is the downside to this? Instead of working I get milk and cookies and nap time? Sign me up right now.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
"You get any videogames you want the rest of your life for free"
but
"You live as the opposite sex for the rest of your life"

I see no downside to this. I shall get every special edition with statues and shit, plus I can boast that the person who owns every game ever is a girl, that's sure to break some stereotypes.

It was pretty interesting seeing the comments XD. http://willyoupressthebutton.com/10286/yes

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
"You will lived on a space station BUT you will have to watch very cheesy movies with robots"

Hard to decide but I went with no due to these factor-
1. My vision of space station are usually bad ones and since it isn't a space colony, it won't be an awesome space colony like in Gundam.
2. While I would like to think I would be hanging out with the Rifftrax robot, chances are the robots I watching the cheesy movies with may liked the movie so I don't want to offend them.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Some of theses don't really seem to know what a downside is.

"You can do anything you want but you can never shave your legs"

Seriously? who cares about shaving legs enough that it overrides "do anything you want"? this also doesn't apply to most guys and waxing and lazer removal exist.

"You are richer than Bill Gates but you have to pay 50% of you money every year in luxury tax"

Losing 50% of a ridicules amount of money is not a downside. You still get a ridicules amount of money that you would not otherwise have.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
1st try: "You could make people throw up when you want them to, but you couldn't make people smile"

Well fuck you, that's not fair! I'm not some angst-ridden 14-year old. I'm taking a second try!

2nd try: "You will lose all physical and physiological disorders and never get sick again, but your lifetime is reduced by 50%"

Well that's much better, though since we have no idea how long a person who never gets sick in their lives would live, I'm guessing quite a lot. However, do "physical disorders" only include things I was born with, or also things that accumulate over time, like cholesterol? Still, Pressed the button.