Windows 8 Will Be a "Real New Push Into PC Gaming"

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
laryri said:
They aren't going to make GFWL part of the OS are they? Please tell me they aren't.
well, they did say they're trying to make this a real push into pc gaming... they probably mean "push it off a cliff" by integrating them....

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
Well, not really knowing what they are exactly going to be doing, I'm just going to be cautiously optimistic because despite all of their screw ups, MS has proven that they can make a good OS.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Nimbus said:
Every notice how basically every other Windows OS sucks balls? 7, good. Vista bad. XP good. ME bad. 98 good. 95 bad.

Looks like they're right on track for a giant flop.
OH SNAP!

Looks like I'm waiting for Windows 9, then...

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
A big push for gaming? Great, maybe they could also make a big push for being able to organize files freely and intuitively.

Oh wait, I forgot, they took that out after Windows XP. Look at me, stuck in the past.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
The interesting twist here, though, is that this particular pledge - which, to be fair, is being made on the company's behalf by an unnamed source - is based on software that we won't be able to lay our hands on for the next couple of years.
Oh good. I hope they weren't saying Windows 8 is going to be coming soon. What's wrong with 7? It's working just fine. Support it for a while like you did XP. No need to put out yet another expensive OS right now. Plus you still need to sell all those stubborn XP holdouts on 7 still anyway.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Going to 'save' PC gaming with win8? give me a break ,whats stopping you from releasing xbox exclusives on windows 7? Is it not capable enough? I bet its just gonna be the same thing with a different skin or another failure. I'm just glad i get to play mass effect on my PC.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Irridium said:
Uh-huh.

If I may, allow me to speak for PC gamers:

Thank you!

Anyway, if you wanna push PC forward in gaming, start developing for it without GFWL ya jackwagons.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
But while the Marketplace may be a good first step, I'm still not playing Alan Wake [http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293040650&sr=8-1] with my keyboard and mouse.
That's the entire reason I have not, and will never purchase Alan Wake until such time as I can use my mouse and keyboard to play it - I would love to play that game, but I'm not going to if Microsoft decides they can't be arsed to sell it to me in the format which I will actually purchase. I am not personally holding out much hope of that ever happening - not when I can clearly see that it took them three bloody years to port Halo 2 to the PC (and then as a bag of lies Vista-exclusive), and that it's already been three years since Halo 3 came out without so much as a hint that there will ever be a PC-port. I don't even like Halo, so I find the whole situation hilarious rather than troubling, but if that's how the company treats it's arguably best known franchise?

Yeah, let's just say I'm not going to believe anything Microsoft says about how PC gaming is totally a priority for them while they keep on publishing X-Box exclusives that stay exclusives for so long it might as well be forever (or actually forever).

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Microsoft should just not wory about PC gaming, and focus on a good OS and Office products...

Regardless, I loves me some PC gaming. Especially when there's a crazy Steam sale on. Also, having a gamepad for the PC makes any genre out there totally accesible.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
WAT!?!?

another OS

7 works FINE

lets just hope they dont stop support for 7 when 8 launches, my company still runs on XP and we are having a bit of trouble with the damn system for lack of support

money grabbing SOB´s

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
As was Windows 7, as was Vista, as was GfWL. You can all assure yourselves that PC gaming is as dead to Microsoft as it has been the last eight years.

Cocamaster

Apr 1, 2009
Color me uninformed, but what exactly is all this hate towards Games for Windows Live stemming from?

To me the Games for Windows client is just a crappy digital download service, but the GFWL elements implemented in the games is actually a good thing to me.

I would LOVE to have this being part of the entire gaming environment on PC, a-la Xbox Live, rather than the way it is now (game dependant).

Am I alone on this?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
DAMNIT! I just switched over to 7 and now I can switch again its probaly gonna cost lots-o-$ I was anyaway planning to switch to a bigger HDD but still microsoft OS,s still cost a good 100$+

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
figues, I finely get 7 and now they are trying to pimp out 8, well if history is any judge then it wont matter since ms has a very bad relationship with pc gaming, Im looking at you gfwl, chances are at best they will just try and make pc players pay for multi like they did before and it wont work anymore now then it did then

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Jesus, MS, slow down! I'm still waiting for some of the software I use to upgrade to Win7 before I switch over from XP; give me a chance to catch up before you decide to leap ahead again!