Witcher 3 + details leaked!! (Updated with Trailer)

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
One thing I'm unsure about is mounted combat. I'm not sure why, but I really don't see Geralt as someone who would fight from horseback, it wouldn't suit his combat styles. I'd imagine him using a horse as transport (such as in the books) but dismount when something arises, ala combat.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Hoping they don't skimp on their usual depth and complexity when they make the transition to open-world gameplay. Remember, CD Projekt - it's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it.

With this and what Bioware was saying about the size of DA3's world earlier, I'm thinking the RPG developer community is more jealous of Skyrim than I initially suspected. Thing is, Skyrim - and all Bethesda RPGs to a certain degree - isn't a very deep game. Bioware and CD Projekt, on the other hand, make very deep RPGs. I applaud their ambition, but I really, really don't want them to neglect their strengths in an attempt to address their shortcomings.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Joccaren said:
Wonder if they'll up the graphics again from TW2. PC hardware'll have moved forward enough by 2014, so hopefully. Game looked amazing, and having it look even better would be incredible.
Oh they have improved. In fact they explicitly say that these screenshots on GameInformer are done using the old engine, and RED engine 3.0 is going to look much better than what we're seeing now.

We'll probably see more of RED engine 3.0 during the official reveal, but don't quote me on that

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Massively hyped for this. With Geralt having his full memory back, it will be nice to finally see him as his own fully realised character with a full personal storyline instead of the sword for hire with no memory going from politician to politician.

Norrdicus said:
Joccaren said:
Wonder if they'll up the graphics again from TW2. PC hardware'll have moved forward enough by 2014, so hopefully. Game looked amazing, and having it look even better would be incredible.
Oh they have improved. In fact they explicitly say that these screenshots on GameInformer are done using the old engine, and RED engine 3.0 is going to look much better than what we're seeing now.

We'll probably see more of RED engine 3.0 during the official reveal, but don't quote me on that
Yeah, even stuff like dynamic weather and fully modelled volumetric clouds sounds pretty incredible.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
As long as it isn't showered in cleavage and nudity. I know it's supposed to be a mature game but that made it feel childish.

Edit: Can I mention that he somewhat resembles Gerald Butler?

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Sound like they're going into a more skyrim-like open world for Witcher 3, but trying to keep your actions having MAJOR impact on the world and events in as well. Which I personally really like. It's one of the few times I think that a game won't be worse off when changing one of it's core workings. (like going from linear to open world) At first I thought might not be buying Witcher 3, as even though I really loved 1 and 2, they were just...missing 'something' for me. But now I'm fully interested again.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
sounds like they addressed some of the issues i had with the game
really hope i can get into this one, the last 2 games i could only manage a couple hours before i got bored

Mr_Spanky

Jun 1, 2012
Annnnd I just creamed my pants. After Witcher 1 and 2 Im going to have a struggle keeping my expectations within reasonable limits. Cross my fingers for 2014.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
The hype is too strong. I hate when that happens. Now I can't enjoy any other game because they pale in comparison with expectations I have for this one.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Norrdicus said:
Joccaren said:

What I doubt will happen but would be amazing to see is graphics on the level of the Extended Edition TW2 intro cutscene. Especially the ship shattering done on something 'cause it just looks amazing.
Sadly I don't think we're quite there yet. We've probably got the engines, and graphics cards powerful enough to do it, but it'd still take a fair bit of work and definite optimization more than its worth.
Looking forward to seeing what they do come up with for the graphics though. Should be very interesting.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Akratus said:
Anathrax said:
As long as it isn't showered in cleavage and nudity. I know it's supposed to be a mature game but that made it feel childish.
Every single thread is doomed to have a comment on the sex in Witcher games, huh? And the comments are doomed to be wrong. An optional and minor element taken from the books does not dampen the maturity of the games.
Was simply a personal opinion. If it's optional I'm fine with it. If it's shoved in my face and is present everywhere I can't enjoy it. I've watched a friend play the witcher for a while, and I've seen the Angry Joe review, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
I can't help but feel they're only shoving in the "open world" thing in order to appeal to a broader audience. I know... I don't wanna be THAT guy, but I can't see why they'd shift the gameplay so much if they wish to keep the series' focus on storytelling.
Please, CDPR, as a fan I beg you not to do this unless it's really what you think is best for the artistic integrity of the series.

Robetid

Feb 1, 2013
This sounds a lot like what Two Worlds was supposed to be, but in a series I already love. Time to get ready to dust off TW1&2 later this year.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
Looking forward to this. Do have to get a proper PC for it. WI2 did play on my laptop even on high, but the framerate was below average and if this game will be better, i would be surprised if it could handle it.