Witcher 3 Dev: Don't Buy From Green Man Gaming

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
ryukage_sama said:
So, GMG has codes purchased from undisclosed, yet legitimate retailers. Perhaps the retailers are approved, but the purchases may not be legit. The digital game code marketplace is rife with fake codes and codes purchased with stolen credit cards. We may never know for sure, but I wouldn't put my money in GMG for a AAA new release.
If they named the source then we could confirm if legit or not. But their refusal to do so is obviously very very suspicious.

Yozozo

In a galaxy far, far away...
Mar 28, 2009
Whoever 3rd party retailer is... they are probably gonna lose out. CDPR are not idiots. How much you want to bet they will buy a copy from GoG and discover who the 3rd party retailer is that way?

They would more than likely be able to then use that as proof that said 3rd party retailer violated their contract, and have grounds to sue.

I doubt they will brick any codes this way, but I also doubt the 3rd party retailer is ever going to do business with CDPR again.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
CDPR chose not to engage with a number of significant, reputable, and successful retailers, including ourselves, as they instead focused on supporting their own platform GOG.
You're kidding me...I've used GOG for years now and I never knew CD Projekt Red owned the service. I mean my god...HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!?

On topic this sounds quite shady, but Witcher 3 is gonna be a big game and it makes sense that GMG would be desperate to get it onto their stores. Hopefully this all just blows over as nothing and all the keys are legitimate, but I certainly won't buy Witcher 3 from them.