Without saying your age, what's something from your childhood that a younger person wouldn't understand?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
You sure? I've always given them equal weight. I mean if you cock block someone, does it matter if their target was a woman or not?
The cock can be blocked from either direction.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
The cock can be blocked from either direction.
All I can think of now is a really bad 80's-90's commercial slogan;
"Can't block the cock!"

EDIT: To keep this post on-topic, commercial jingles. I don't watch much cable TV these days, but it feels like the days of catchy jingles in commercials is gone.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Looking up a book in the library with schematics about how many nukes the US thought the Soviet Union would use to annihilate your home town and the surrounding countryside, complete with timings and saturation. Then remembering the time you had a nuclear emergency drill where they told you to hide under your chipboard desk for protection from said nukes. Love living in missile country, tell you what.

Kinda balances out with just being able to hang out at the airport and watch planes.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
All I can think of now is a really bad 80's-90's commercial slogan;
"Can't block the cock!"

EDIT: To keep this post on-topic, commercial jingles. I don't watch much cable TV these days, but it feels like the days of catchy jingles in commercials is gone.
"Head-On! Apply directly to the head!" The catchiest of all jingles.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Microfische. Nothing says "you're old as fuck" like recalling going to a library to look at pictures of periodicals via a small projector. That was a thing, younglings; before digital copies of the newspapers, we went to a library to look and tiny films of them through a projector.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Empire Furniture that using that jingle for a long ass time.
That was the weirdest thing when I found that out, the only thing that has changed is adding the "1-800" bit at the beginning in '94 or so and the graphics of the commercial itself.

Reactions: BrawlMan