Wizard of Oz Plus Left 4 Dead Equals Awesome

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
John Funk said:
I'd totally play this game. I really, really would. The only question in my mind is: Would all the original L4D fans hate Dorothy because she isn't their precious Zoey? I guess we'll (unfortunately) never know.
I think we'd only hate Dorothy if she failed to deliver anything in terms of humor or personality. Rochelle was such a bore compared to Zoey. As long as Dorothy didn't repeat that mistake, no problems. :D

OT: This would be a fun custom map to play. I'm surprised no one has taken the time out to make it (if it hasn't been made yet). However, Uncommon infected monkeys would need to be added to really make it good.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Best mock L4D poster I've ever seen and that really is something given the number of them. I think it's just as good as some of the offical campaign posters!

Also as a response to that last question. Yes people would rage that it's not Zoey but for me it comes down to how likeable she is. Zoey was a very funny and likeable character but Rochelle was not, she had barely any lines and fewer that were funny or endearing.

Just had to clear that up, I hate people thinking I rage about Rochelle for no appropriate reason. I have a good reason, damnit!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Hay, who here is a L4D (or L4D2) modder? Why don't you make this a reality? You just need to make some new models (change the survivers into Dorthy, Tin Man and the rest, and change the zombies into those gaurds that the witch has or monkeys), and create a campaign based around the land of Oz (a corn field, a forest, the witches castle and a burnt down emerald city).

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
One of the more original uses of the campaign template psd I've seen in a while.
Pros:
Awesome

Downsides:
No Bill and Louis. Those guys rock.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
The modders really need to get on this ASAP. This level of epic can not go unrealized.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
I feel the need to point out that they've already been to the Emerald City at least once. The Tin Man has his heart :D

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
frankly hilarious, I love it, and I would instantly play it the moment someone makes a mod for it (it's going to happen now)

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Reminds me of that House+L4D crossover I found somewhere.

Anything + L4D = awesome.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Southpaw Samurai said:
Awesome poster.

Would Scarecrow and the Tin Man have much to fear from zombie-like creatures?

More importantly, would everyone else have secret doubts about Scarecrow given all his 'I wanna brain!' talk?
Didn't they say that one of the survivors would die in the new L4D2 DLC?
Also, the Wizard of Oz is the A.I. Director

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
John Funk said:
Zombie Winged Monkeys, on the other hand? Is that a recipe for childhood terror or what?
Thank you for giving me a face for my night terrors for the rest of my life.
John Funk said:
I'd totally play this game. I really, really would. The only question in my mind is: Would all the original L4D fans hate Dorothy because she isn't their precious Zoey?
Depends on if she has a personality. Rochelle is without one, and as such I hate her.
John Funk said:
Dibs on playing as the Cowardly Lion.
I want Tin Man.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Very nice and clever. WOuld play it. Dibs on the tin man (just for the sounds of him being punched like the tin can he is)