Woman Blames FarmVille for Killing Her Baby

Feb 13, 2008
Why did no-one else respond to this?

You have a 22 year old mother who obviously doesn't care about the welfare of her child and then she blames something after pleading guilty?

Fuck her. Lock her up and chuck away the key.

Then find the people responsible for letting her look after the child and sue them with criminal negligence.

The fact she can't even remember how she killed him makes me physically sick.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
shaking a baby because you're angry is completely beyond the pale no matter what the circumstances and I certainly hope that Tobias' time in prison is a long and horrific experience that comes to a brutal end in the back corner of the laundry room. Evil can always find a way to justify itself. Given Zynga's history and the dodgy reputation it's already saddled with, however, this kind of publicity is just about the last thing it needs.
I have never heard of a pissed editor before :|

Shaking a baby is inexcusable. I remember the guy who made the ipod touch app that was just a normal baby app, untill you shook your ipod too much and the baby "died"

Jory said:
Andy Chalk said:
I certainly hope that Tobias' time in prison is a long and horrific experience that comes to a brutal end in the back corner of the laundry room
Okay, I get what she did was terrible. But that's a little sadistic isn't it?
There is one rule in prison: Don't molest or kill children. If the people in prison find out she killed a baby, this is exactly what will happen to her. It's the one thing they don't tolerate. You might have killed your dad, you might have killed and raped your brother, but you don't fuck with kids

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I dunno, this could a good tactic for us serious gamers if people start blaming farmvilles for murder could detract from violent games!

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
I'm sorry, but did you just say you hope she gets shanked in the prison laundry room? That's cold.

Then again she does sound like a massive ***** who shouldn't have ever had kids.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
The addictiveness of those Facebook Zynga games is concerning, I'm surprised there hasn't been an outcry against them. Addictive games like Farmville or Mafia Wars or whatever are more a harm to people than violent imagery or the ability to kill prostitutes in GTA4.

Of course no excuse could ever justify the killing of an infant like that and 'Because it interrupted my Farmville game' seems particularly weak.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
..Yeah, no. Take the fucking responsibility lady, you are adult. Video games don't make you do anything. You do.
This. It isn't the game's fault she killed her baby, it's her and a lack of self-control. And what sort of sick fuck takes it out on a baby when they're angry?!

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Jory said:
Andy Chalk said:
I certainly hope that Tobias' time in prison is a long and horrific experience that comes to a brutal end in the back corner of the laundry room
Okay, I get what she did was terrible. But that's a little sadistic isn't it?
Andy is nothing if not sadistic. :p

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
*Looks at face*

Crystal Meth is nothing compaired to FarmVille. Jesus Christ Monkey Eater, 22 years old? Is she responsible enough for a baby? Clearly FarmVille is NOT the problem. She just wants something to blame, ironically it's that what she likes more than her own child!

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
I don't know what to say. I am at a total loss for words.

What's worse is that anti-gaming people will cite and use this for their own insidious purposes.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
If Farmville was to blame, then there'd be a lot more shaken babies. No, she did this because she's an angry person. If not Farmville, then she'd just end up shaking her baby during some daytime TV show. She's just a terrible mother. The headline should read "Terrible mother shakes her baby to death, then tries to blame a Facebook game."

I'm just glad she didn't blame a game I actually play.

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
Maybe when she gets out she'll see that all her farm stuff is dead, and ragequit the human race. That would be interesting indeed.

And the whole "oooh videogames made me do something bad ooooooh" thing is really getting old. Organized religion has made people do much more horrific things in history.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Jebus H Price...Imagine if she was playing street fighter.

On a more serious note:- The mind boggles at the sheer...ridiculousness of that excuse, I mean I can get shirty if something like the phone interrupts me during a gaming session or something, but your own child...I've got no words.

Sanguich

Aug 31, 2009
While I agree that killing you're own baby is a horrible crime deserving of punishment, I think that saying she should come to "a brutal end in the back corner of the laundry room." is uncalled for and awkwardly vindictive.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I hate zynga aswell, but this is just wrong, "Noes I kille mah baby...hm maybe I can blame videogames, but I haven't played any...aha, Farmville. Jackpot!"

Lets just hope that there are no Morgan Freeman characters in there that can get her posters and a rockhammer...>.>

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Do you guys not know how to read? At no point did she say it was Farmville's fault, just that she was playing it when the baby made her angry. She plead guilty, for crying out loud. Try to learn what the word "blame" means.

P.S. Thanks