Woman Blames FarmVille for Killing Her Baby

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
I am against the death penalty.

I am against the death penalty.

I fucking am against the fucking death penalty.

nosafetynets

Sep 27, 2010
I'm a little shocked at the number of people laughing at this. It's a very sad situation, and my heart goes out to the family of that little one - to those that actually cared for that child.

Aside from that... It's just going to be an excuse to drag video games through the mud... again. If a neutral, far from violent game on a social networking site ends in such tragedy, what will be said for the Halos and the Gears of War players of the world? Will they shake their children to death for crying in the middle of an op? I don't think anyone can make Facebook take any responsibility for the incident, other than shutting it down - which won't happen. Farmville/Farmtown all that jazz lost its appeal to a majority of people a long time ago - I personally can't fathom how someone could do something so horrible to their child because of a game like Farmville.

InvisibleMan

Mar 26, 2009
Electrogecko said:
Honestly though, why would anyone EVER shake a baby?!?! On top of being incredibly dangerous, it also can't possibly ever calm down a crying baby!
Well, actually, it did calm the baby... in a very tragic way.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
SnipErlite said:
0_O Do people like this really think their justifications will stand up?

Like, honestly? That's no fucking reason to shake a baby.... *Sigh*.

Unless she genuinely believes that Farmville is to blame. In which case this is even more creepy.
ShadowsofHope said:
..Yeah, no. Take the fucking responsibility lady, you are an adult. Video games don't make you do anything. You do.
you guys got this; allow me to agree with them in a picture.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
loving the druggy-looking photograph.

but yeah, people ask me why I don't go on facebook. I... I just don't know what to tell them...

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
This woman should be raped and killed in prison for what shes done! That child was killed because that psychopath felt like it! The terrible part is that, that child will be forgotten as the "child who was killed by his/her mother" into the ''child who was killed by an addiction''. And the child's name will suffer, the gaming industry will suffer, all who believe her will suffer of being idiots, everybody involved will suffer... except the ones who will use it to their own gain. The basterds

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
FaceBook and Zynga are both evil.

I am entirely aware that it's mostly because of the woman that she did what she did, and not because of either company, but they're still both evil.

Horrible occurrence.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
...It's very rare that i ever wish ill on anybody, but: I hope she fucking suffers a thousand times over for what she's done, preferably in a manner that involves some form of painful medieval torture

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Zeeky_Santos said:
kouriichi said:
Its one baby, on a planet of 6.8 million, and growing
Doesn't mean this is the way to go. Let them starve and die of natural causes, we've peaked life support. Don't let them die by these hands.
Oh yes. Because letting them slowly starve to death is much nicer then ending theyer suffering in the course of a few minutes.

maximara

Jul 13, 2008
dragontiers said:
Wow.

This is just terrible. I'm normally all on the "blame Zynga" bandwagon, but this is completely un-excusable. There is no way you can blame a video game for shaking your baby. She is a terrible parent, and should never have been left alone with any child, much less than been responsible for one of her own. I'm disgusted.
It is a sad commentary of our society that someone puts playing a game over properly taking care of their child and then blames the game.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Now we must ban all video games, right?
But honestly; "I killed my baby because it was distracting my gaming, so it is the games fault!" Is this sentence the King of Logic or what?

But there will be no Farmville inside the prison. Think before you act... lol...