Woman Buys Wooden iPad

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
That woman is practically too stupid to live. She talked to a pair of men who approached her at 10:00pm in the middle of a McDonald's parking lot, went with them to their van and told them exactly how much cash she had on her ($180). Doing just one of those things could have resulted in a kidnapping/raping/killing/mugging.

Also, they originally wanted $350 for their 'iPads', but cut the price nearly in half when she only had the $180.

Finally, I see the apple logo they carved into the wood as a final 'Fuck you, dumb-ass' to who ever bought their product.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I like how people are saying she didn't deserve to be conned.

You hand over money without seeing the goods first then you bloody well deserve to be conned.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
lovestomooch said:
I had to re-read this and check she is 22.. and not 12.
derp
So much for the old adage "Act your age, not your IQ". What do you do when they match?

Seriously, I have plenty of sympathy for people who are taken in by complex or believable scams, or who are desperate. But handing over almost $200 for an iPod from a guy in a parking lot, sight unseen... well, at some point you have to laugh at the stupid people, or they'll keep being stupid.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Quaxar said:
Probably etched out of an apple tree. So it's not even illegal!
Ya know, that may actually work. I can see the lawyer in front of my eyes now...

Lawyer: "Miss Herp Derp Im A Dumbass, did my client at any time actually say he was selling you the well known Apple iPad?"

Stupid *****: "Yes, he said..."

Lawyer: "No, he said he was selling the Apple iPad. Not that Apple iPad. His Apple iPad. An invention of his, carved out of Apple tree with an Apple etched onto the back, polished to brilliance and used as place to rest your coffee cup. I believe my client never specified he was selling the touchscreen device? Well, that settles it, I rest my case."

Stupid *****: "But..."

Judge: "Cleared of all charges,Miss Stupid *****, I am going to put you on probation for being a stupid *****. Case closed."
Perfect defense. Now get her to jail!

And if everything fails, just use the <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense>Chewbacca defense.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
MurderousToaster said:
Reminds me of the P-P-P-POWERBOOK thing that happened a while ago, but in reverse.

lol i remember that! that was awesome

OT: she pretty much deserved it i mean its in a parking lot behind a mcdonalds WTF

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
this is one of the best topics i have visited, the comments just cheered me up

Shy_Guy

Apr 13, 2009
esperandote said:
It turned out that the cops were also con men and they charged her for the "usual" $50 invenstigation fee.
You, sir, made me actually laugh there. Good job!

And why would anyone pay anything for an iPad? I could understand if they were just handing them out at the back of the McDonald's, sure. But she bought one? Really?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Tbh iPads are just big iPod Touches for people with fat fingers so Apple can rake in the money EVEN MORE. i like to mock people who buy them because all they are, are shiny bricks.

This Mcdowell person must either be a person who thinks she can trust all who she can come across (Stupid), or someone who doesnt know any better (Mentally handicapped).

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Unfortunately people buy counterfeit goods all the time, or succumb to other scams that are too good to be true. If it didn't work, people wouldn't constantly try such outrageously obvious swindles like this, but it has worked and will continue to work.

Kind of like how there were thousands of counterfeit PAX Prime badges sold to folks this last weekend, by guys standing out in the street, right in front of the convention center, for a show that had been sold out for months.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
esperandote said:
It turned out that the cops were also con men and they charged her for the "usual" $50 invenstigation fee.
haha, love it! and so begins the second part of the story =3

Evidencebased

Feb 28, 2011
Maybe she didn't open the envelope earlier because she thought that the iPad would imprint on the first human it saw, like a baby chick?

...Nah, I got nothing. :p

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Saying she deserved what she got is pretty well the same argument as saying so-and-so deserved to have their car stolen because they forgot to lock the door, or to have their house ripped off because they took off for the weekend. Seriously....is she stupid? Yeah. Did she deserve this? No one does, and those jackasses who are ripping off idiots are still the real problem here, no matter how amusing her plight is.