Women: Do you consider yourself superior to men?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Now, I must first ask that you don't dogpile me under mountainous piles of shit and hatred. I'm just asking a question, so theres no need to get all crazy about it. And, without further delay, on with the thread!

So lately, what with all of these "zomgz feminists r bad" and the equally retarded comments that dogpile them under mountainous piles of shit and hatred, (see what I did right there?) I'm getting the feeling that quite a few woman consider themselves superior to men. Plus, being non-illiterate, I read books, and one female character will ineviatably turn to another female character and say, "use your superior feminine amazing brainpower to get the retarded man-children under control," or something along those lines.

And now I wish to know: Do you consider yourself superior to men? And if you do, justify your answer.

So... Yeah.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
I consider women superior to men (on a general level), but I'm a guy so you probably don't care about my opinion. ;c

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
Nope. I consider myself equal to my male peers, but not superior, not because of gender. That would be sexism, not feminism.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I'd be willing to bet money that it is only a tiny minority of women that actually consider themselves superior to men. There's probably also an equal minority that consider themselves inferior to men. The rest, correctly, consider themselves equal to men.

Personally, I don't understand either misogyny or misandry, I can't understand the mindset that makes people think they are better than someone else based on their sex.

the spud

May 2, 2011
First things first, I am a man.

OK, now that we have that out of the way, I think tha all these threads saying "OMG feminism is bad" make one common mistake; they apply the ideals of radicals of a small minority of members and apply them to the whole group.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Fawcks said:
I consider women superior to men (on a general level), but I'm a guy so you probably don't care about my opinion. ;c
No, I do, really. I mean, I guess female answers are more wanted, but any input is good.

Dec 14, 2009
Nobody hates feminism (well, except misogynists).

People hate femi-nazism.

And the whole "use your feminine wiles to control his puny male brain" is just a joke. Nothing to be taken seriously.

No different than the whole, "more importantly, why isn't she in the kitchen making me a sandwich?" jokes.

We like to poke fun at the old gender stereotypes.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Nobody hates feminism (well, except misogynists).

People hate femi-nazism.

And the whole "use your feminine wiles to control his puny male brain" is just a joke. Nothing to be taken seriously.

No different than the whole, "more importantly, why isn't she in the kitchen making me a sandwich?" jokes.

We like to poke fun at the old gender stereotypes.
Well, girls freak out at the sandwiches, so why can't I freak out over the punieness of my inferior male brain?

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I dunno about if the are superior but women are certainly better at manipulation than the average man. I'll paraphrase something I read once. "Men can kill you but women can make you want to kill yourself." So ya women are superior to men in that regard for the most part.

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
Well, I've met some women who could make some damn fine sandwiches...

But I think we're all equal. After all, just as likely as a woman in a book will use her 'Superior female mind', they will have to 'Embrace in the arms of their stronger male counterpart' because writers don't know how to write women.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Hell no. Judge people on their character, not their gender.

Slightly relevant, that horsey one from Sex and the shitty is in a movie and the tag line was 'if it were easy, a man would do it too.'
Can't imagine all the shit that would kick off if the genders were reversed.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
I think only a minority of men and women seriously think their gender is superior...and those that do are a bit odd- like 9/11 conspiracy theorists or creepy stalkers- some people have weird beliefs and behaviours, misandry or mysogomy is one of them perhaps.

Most of the time, women will take the piss out of men and men will take the piss out of women...it's good old gender warfare, nothing to be taken seriously.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
retyopy said:
Was that an insult? I can't tell. And I'm not being sarcastic. I really, really can't.
I am a man, I wouldn't insult my own gender.

But no, not an insult. I've just been dying to put that in a thread somewhere but the opportunity has never arisen.

Eleison

Sep 5, 2011
b3nn3tt said:
Personally, I don't understand either misogyny or misandry, I can't understand the mindset that makes people think they are better than someone else based on their sex.
It's comfortable that way. You don't have to think. You make a statement, then rationalize it, instead of going about it the other way around. It gives you a reason to feel good about yourself: hey, at least I'm not a woman. That's the mindset.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
retyopy said:
Was that an insult? I can't tell. And I'm not being sarcastic. I really, really can't.
I am a man, I wouldn't insult my own gender.

But no, not an insult. I've just been dying to put that in a thread somewhere but the opportunity has never arisen.
Oh... Ok... Then... You're welcome... I think... Yeah. I think that's the appropriate response.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Why on earth would I consider myself superior to men? People are people are people. Men are (generally) better at some things, women are (generally) better at others. Beyond that, we ain't that different.

BTW, are there any other women out there that get pissed at the whole "If only women ruled the world, it'd be a better place!" spiel that some people spout? Men are (generally) more violent, but women are (generally) more vindictive and history is full of women manipulating behind the scenes for power and money. (Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.)

But I also don't hold with the whole, "women are imagining things, they ain't oppressed at all" which is occasionally followed by a "MEN are oppressed!" We're working out the kinks in this whole equality thing, people. If we could handle being oppressed by the patriarchy for a couple of 1000 years, I think you can handle a few decades of forced alimony payments, and whatever else (I'm not well-read on the subject), while the those kinks are (hopefully) ironed out. /gross over-generalisation

I just really wish people were considered people first, gender second. Traditional gender roles are not necessary in today's modern society.

Sorry. Incoherent rant over. *slinks off and readies flame shield just in case*