World Cup 2010

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Only Ronaldo stands between Klose now. See later match to see who Germany will face, should be a good one regardless.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Sonicron said:
... So... much... awesomeness. I can't fucking believe it. 0:4. I think we may have just blown the Maradonna Mythos to smithereens.

Screw it, no more studying for me today... I'll have dinner now and then I'll party my ass off! :D
Looking at how you root for your team this WC, I am truly thankful Russia didn't make it,
Because if it did, it would've spoiled the WC for me.
CK76 said:
Only Ronaldo stands between Klose now. See later match to see who Germany will face, should be a good one regardless.
I hope they appoint him as the penalty taker.
I really like Klose and I want him to take that record for himself.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Sonicron said:
... So... much... awesomeness. I can't fucking believe it. 0:4. I think we may have just blown the Maradonna Mythos to smithereens.

Screw it, no more studying for me today... I'll have dinner now and then I'll party my ass off! :D
Looking at how you root for your team this WC, I am truly thankful Russia didn't make it,
Huh? I'm not sure I follow. Is there something wron with the Russian team or their fans? I'm not exactly well-versed in these matters. ^^°
And is there something wrong with me rooting for my team?

Heh. Looking at the streets below me I'd say you'll be hard-pressed to find a sober person around here tonight. :)

-EDIT- That reminds me... someone give Paul the octopus an extra clam today for being right yet again. :)

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Sonicron said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Sonicron said:

Huh? I'm not sure I follow. Is there something wron with the Russian team or their fans? I'm not exactly well-versed in these matters. ^^°
And is there something wrong with me rooting for my team?

Heh. Looking at the streets below me I'd say you'll be hard-pressed to find a sober person around here tonight. :)
No, it's just that with Russia not participating I can enjoy the World Cup more without being overly nervous.
Our team would either completely fail or would do unexplicably well, and both of those aren't too good for nerves.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Here's hoping for Germany vs Spain... Good match to tire the Germans for their battle against the Netherlands. (no disrepect Uruguay, but the Dutch beating Brazil only to lose against Uruguay would be silly (though I admit, not impossible))

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
No, it's just that with Russia not participating I can enjoy the World Cup more without being overly nervous.
Our team would either completely fail or would do unexplicably well, and both of those aren't too good for nerves.
I guess I can get behind that kind of thinking.

I normally don't give a rat's ass about soccer (or any sport for that matter), but now that I've been swept up by the collective good mood our country's in I wouldn't want to miss the feeling of nervousness and excitement for the world! :)

I wonder who's going to be the 4th team to make the cut for the semi-finals. I have a feeling it'll be Spain, but with this crazy World Cup you never know.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Woooo! Man, I'm exhausted! I just marched up a small mountain to get back here but, damn, I'm happy. 4:0, I mean, dude! Against Argentina! A lot of folks said we'd fail this time around and it was pretty tight in the first half (the Argentinians seemed faster and better in control despite the early 1:0) but the second half? Damn! I mean, I hoped we'd win but I never expected anything as high as that!!

---

Just two things that blemish this victory for me somewhat:

The first is the most obvious, Thomas Müller is blocked for the next game. Damn! He not only prepared a lot of goals but made several himself, his absence might really hurt us.

The second may seem a bit weird, but around here they always talk of this "young, unexperienced team", damn, guys. They've proven themselves several times now, stop being so fucking condescending, sports-commentators!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Victory!!!!!

That was incredible! I never thought it would be such a crushing victory, I was expecting a much closer match, maybe even defeat.

I'm really getting my hopes up for the title now!

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Wow... 4 - 0

Did not see that coming at the start of the game...

The Germans are good this year.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
FinalHeart95 said:
I'm seeing a Netherlands/Argentina final, although it's be silly to count out any of the other teams left. Germany and Spain are solid contenders as well, and Paraguay, Ghana, and Uruguay are all pretty good teams. It's really anyone's tournament.
Moment of making myself look stupid #19423

Anyway, Germany and Spain (they'll beat Paraguay most likely) are both really, really quality teams. Still, Germany beat Argentina 4-0, so I'm gonna say Germany's gonna win it all now.

AldirTK

Mar 17, 2010
I think anyone who goes against Germany is going to have a very awkard match. It's safe to say that Germany is unstoppable. To be honest, I'd prefer it if my team Uruguay ended in 3rd place.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Have you seen it? Have you seen this goalkeeper super fiesta?
Holy hell, that was absolute mayhem.
Two penalties in a span of two minutes, both saved by keepers. Fantastic.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Wow!

This match is one of the most intense things I have ever seen!

B2kCyclops

Apr 28, 2010
Awesome quarterfinals in this world cup.
Let's hope the last four games can top that.
And that, in the end, germany gets the trophy.
^^

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Spain didn't deserve that goal.
Paraguay has been the better team the whole match.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
That PK stuff that was going on earlier in the half was absolutely insane. I thought the drama with the Ghana PK was bad, but a PK for both teams, one of them being called back because of encroachment? Christ.

And David Villa is just... wow.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Damn, I wish I had a tenner on Germany to win. They were bloody magnificent. And I love that killer instinct - no arsing about running down the clock, punch through in the 85th (ish?) minute and get a 4th. Fantastic stuff :)