World of Warcraft Gets Microtransaction Pets, Players Freak Out

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Archemetis said:
I'm all for easily attained pets, but the real piss-take for me is the Pandaren Monk.

I'm getting the feeling that if you can have it as an actual Pet, then it's incresingly less likely that they'll be a playable class in the future.
(Which is what I honestly think they should have gone with instead of Worgens for Cataclysm).
This makes me entirely unimpressed.

But agreed, Lil' K.T is freaking awesome.
Just a shame I have no real-world money for one, I'll just have to make do with my Mr. Chilly.
Pandarens were never a canon race anyways. They were only an easter egg in WarCraft 3.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
SuperFriendBFG said:
Archemetis said:
I'm all for easily attained pets, but the real piss-take for me is the Pandaren Monk.

I'm getting the feeling that if you can have it as an actual Pet, then it's incresingly less likely that they'll be a playable class in the future.
(Which is what I honestly think they should have gone with instead of Worgens for Cataclysm).

Just a shame I have no real-world money for one, I'll just have to make do with my Mr. Chilly.
Pandarens were never a canon race anyways. They were only an easter egg in WarCraft 3.
They were made canon with Rexxar's campaign in TFT.

brutus3933

Aug 3, 2009
The outrage is silly. This is the right way to do microtransactions, no more effect on the game than aesthetics

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
SuperFriendBFG said:
Archemetis said:

And until recently, Worgen were mindless beasts that served no other use than being Quest-kill fodder.

Which one would you rather play as?

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
my character never had any money because i spent it all on entirely useless small pets that do nothing but look cute, and i loved em.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Oh, the WoW forums... All they do is complain about how something new will destroy the game. Ever.

And Blizzard is just gonna make money. More money, that is.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Blizzard doing micro transactions? This is an outrage why? They've done it before, just now they're being less discreet about it.

That and WoW's forums seem to be a never ending ***** about balance and "breaking the game".

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
People are freaking out because it's the tip of the iceberg, and because they are already paying a damn subscription fee. Microtranactions are in poor taste because people make monthly payments to put everyone on equal ground from the beginning, and no one wants both for one game, either make WOW micro-transaction based, or based on a flat fee, not both

Also, folks would notice that no one ever threatens to leave a game if micro-transactions are NOT used, and people are nuts if they think it won't snowball from here.

10 bucks for an in-game pet? Geez! EA isn't even that nuts about pricing for a single piece of digital content.