World of Warcraft Player Reaches Level 90 Without Choosing a Faction

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Carsus Tyrell said:
Good lord, I know a lot of escapist users like to pretend they have the whole "cool intellectual cynic" shtick but there comes a point when you just appear bitter and miserable. I don't see how this particular instance is any more a waste of time than any and all time sunk into any game ever.
Yeah, I have to go with this. Reading that first page makes a whole lot of people look like the uninitiated non-gamers out there ... "why play games, they are just a waste of time".

Ok, it wasn't the traditional way to hit the max level but he wanted to do it and he did. What about people who play starcraft or LOL/DOTA to get better, for what? You're just doing the same crap over and over again. Just about all multiplayer games are like that, banging your head against a wall for no reason except for fun.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Clearly this man has some sort of malicious intent against the very World of Warcraft itself. He was never intended to be a max level neutral. Such a thing should never be.

Keep your eye on this man, he has something planned...

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
I think this is neat.
This has taken a long time and I think it's great the player go to the end.

PS. Those people making snaky comments, are you really doing anything better in your life?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, wasn't there a story damn-near identical to this a few months back? Yeah, congrats to this guy for doing it (unless it's the exact same dude, in which case congrats have already gone out) but I fail to see how something that's already been done (and reported on) is news worthy. :p

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
RJ 17 said:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, wasn't there a story damn-near identical to this a few months back? Yeah, congrats to this guy for doing it (unless it's the exact same dude, in which case congrats have already gone out) but I fail to see how something that's already been done (and reported on) is news worthy. :p
Hey there friend. If you had read the body of the story instead of just the title, you would have seen that we did indeed report on Doubleagent's progress some time ago. However, at that time he was only level 60. Now, he has reached the maximum level, which I felt warranted an update. Thanks for your input.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
RJ 17 said:
Hey there friend. If you had read the body of the story instead of just the title, you would have seen that we did indeed report on Doubleagent's progress some time ago. However, at that time he was only level 60. Now, he has reached the maximum level, which I felt warranted an update. Thanks for your input.
I actually did read the body...just not the opening paragraph where you mention that this is indeed the same guy from before. I started reading right at "So how did he do it?" :p

My apologies.

May 29, 2011
RA92 said:
I usually tend to stay away from topics that don't interest me, and I'm sorry for what I am about to do, but...

<color=red>WHO CARES?
People who play/have played this game? You do know that there are probably thousands of people on this website who gave a good chunk of their lives to this stupid game?

I find pretty interesting.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
dtgenshiken7 said:
BREAKING NEWS- MAN PLAYS WORLD OF WARCRAFT. HEADLINES STOPPED. Seriously, why do the people who write these articles still have the nerve to call it news? This is reaching down to depths of pathetic never before seen.
Seems like news to me. VIDEO GAME WEBSITE REPORTS VIDEO GAME NEWS. How pathetic, right?

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Pretty sweet. Guy set himself a goal and he pulled it trough, good for him. Didn't know this could be done either.
If he had fun doing this then that's cool, why would anyone call that a waste of time? I'm gonna guess that if he was having no fun at all he would have just quit. Hope Blizz gives him something cool for his dedication.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Bloody hell, the number of people with sticks up their arses here is getting higher. I think it's fascinating to see people play games with self imposed restrictions. Why a bunch of you are bashing on this guy is beyond me.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
By now, you could have mastered the guitar, wrote a few novels, earned a few master's degrees, traveled the entire world, and become fluent in a foreign language. Instead, you have a level 90 panda. Congrats.

Of course, I'm mostly exaggerating.

dtgenshiken7

Aug 4, 2011
Thyunda said:
dtgenshiken7 said:
BREAKING NEWS- MAN PLAYS WORLD OF WARCRAFT. HEADLINES STOPPED. Seriously, why do the people who write these articles still have the nerve to call it news? This is reaching down to depths of pathetic never before seen.
Seems like news to me. VIDEO GAME WEBSITE REPORTS VIDEO GAME NEWS. How pathetic, right?
"News". This isn't news, this is just some random guy doing something people told him not to do, how is that worthy of being called news. News is when a AAA CEO makes an announcement pretending to make up for mistakes while setting groundwork for future crap, and even then that hardly qualifies anymore. Some guy in his basement playing way too much WoW is not news no matter how you slice it.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Rats, someone beat me to the futurama neutral joke. Still I bet this is what he said when they ask how did he feel about this accomplishment

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
That's pretty cool, as someone who did the Insane title when it first came out I can appreciate this. I didn't think it was possible to do level a panda without choosing a faction. Shows that WoW is a game kind of like Minecraft in that you get out of it what you want, even if others think you wasted your life and time.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
dtgenshiken7 said:
Thyunda said:
dtgenshiken7 said:
"News". This isn't news, this is just some random guy doing something people told him not to do, how is that worthy of being called news. News is when a AAA CEO makes an announcement pretending to make up for mistakes while setting groundwork for future crap, and even then that hardly qualifies anymore. Some guy in his basement playing way too much WoW is not news no matter how you slice it.
You heard it here folks!

Newsy McNews here just clarified what constitutes news! Be sure to bookmark this post so you can come back to it if you ever forget what news is.

His word is law after all. NEWS LAW!

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I would be impressed if this took actual skill. In theory anyone could do this given enough time, but nobody bothers.

I wonder why.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
dtgenshiken7 said:
Thyunda said:
dtgenshiken7 said:
If you're gonna start callin people basement dwellers, I think you're in the wrong subculture.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Kenjitsuka said:
I feel Blizzard will make a one-off Feat of Strenght or Achievement for this guy.
Probably with a Title, Mount or Companion pet to go along with that.
He'll be a Hearthstone Card!

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Well, I'm glad he has done it.

It was just very weird when I heard about this guy and what he was trying to do.

I hope Blizzard is just as surprised at this guy.

He is going to make a killing at any of the auction houses if he sells those herbs and other stuff.