World of Warcraft to Give Away Level 80 Characters

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Kytseo said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
WoW is in trouble, Blizz is taking a hit requiring 600 people to be fired to maintain current straits, and now they must be in real trouble.
rapidoud said:
Just... wow.

WoW is a sinking ship, panderia looks like SSDT (same as cataclysm), SWTOR lied to our faces, now we all just 'wait for GW2' which is spreading due to word of mouth.

They need to decide whether to appeal to hardcore fans, or casual fans, they cannot do both much longer (the hardcores like to think they're better than everybody thus need content hard enough on a game big enough to prove it, whereas casuals just want to chill out, so they have to appeal to the kind of freaks that can clear content in a week to those who will get around to it in a few months).

If only dark millennium online hadn't been cancelled.

Also: Lol @ captcha, 'cheese fries', something I can actually read for a change.
ON THE CONTRARY! They can appeal to both. By making multiple difficulty levels. Easy mode for the cry babies wanting gear(YOU NO GET EPICS DEAL WITH IT), normal for regular people, hard for the foolhardy, and legendary for the madmen. Do that for dungeons and raids and you might please everyone but cry babies will always cry because the text is not purple. Also GW2 was spreading by word of mouth for years now. Since ToR launched and everyone seemed to forget it exists GW2 is the only thing to talk about as far as MMOs and change will go.

BTW like the new captcha setup.
I like this person's idea. You heard 'em Bliz, easy for the n00bs, normal for the norms, hard for good players, and legendary for Ensidia (no offense if any members of Ensidia are reading this).
That idea Courtesy of TotalBiscuit.
I'm probably taking this the wrong way, but I'm not the Cynical Brit

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
I've seen this story in several other places and seeing the exact quote makes me think that Greg Tito misinterpreted the response.

"free leveling to 80" doesn't mean "Day-1 *ding* you have an automatic level 80 character". What it means is the invitee doesn't have to pay for subscription up until they hit level 80. The former seems nuts from a gameplay perspective, but the later seems nuts from a financial perspective. I personally spent over a year before hitting my first 80 because I split time among half a dozen alts and spent a lot of time exploring and tracking down quest storylines. You could theoretically NEVER hit level 80 if you spread out among a dozen alts. At that point they're more or less giving the game away for free, which doesn't seem to make sense either.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
They should give you an instant level 80 character with Mists of Pandaria.

I played WoW for almost 5 years, I've seen every corner of that world, levelled almost all classes from 1 to 60/70/80 (depending on how bored I got).
Yet they still expect me to roll a level 1 Pandaran Monk and go through all the (revamped) old shit from Vanilla WoW, the drudgery of Outland (the Burning Crusade) and the monotone grey and brown landscape that is Northrend (Wrath of the Lich King) and to redo the Cataclysm 80 to 85 content which felt like playing in a fishbowl due to it's extremely scaled down area's of questing.

I will not buy Mists of Pandaria, because I do not want to get through all that old shit again. If they want to rope me in, there should be an option to skip the level 11 to 85 content when making a Pandaran (seeing as how the Pandaran level 1 to 10 content is new).

This game is just too old, it's stale. There is not enough to do to keep Hardcore players happy (one raid instance every 8 month's won't cut it) and the casual player will never be happy, since they are as stable (subscription-wise) as a drunken earthquake.