Worst. Ending. Ever.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
Jonluw said:
Highschool of the dead and Mahou sensei negima are decent competitors for the prize.

As for games and movies...
Eh, I can't think of anything.
High School of the Dead is still going on. The Anime might not be renewed for a second season however. And Mahou Sensei Negima the manga JUST ended but yeah I have to say that the ending for it pretty much sucks.
Yeah, I was talking about the ending to the anime of hotd.

As for msn, there are still a couple of chapters to go, isn't there? Unless the raws are out, I guess.
Well, it'll still be pretty much impossible for that ending to redeem itself.

kyoodle

Dec 4, 2009
The worst ending to a game is easily MGS 4. Whilst Fallout 3 and quite a few others have been worse story-wise at least they don't take 2 hours of desperately boring cutscenes to get it over with.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
schwetty balzac said:
Fallout 3 had a bad ending? Guffaws abound.

It seems those that adhere to this statement have never played Knights of the Old Republic 2. Fallout 3's slightly weak ending looks like award-winning writing of the highest calibre compared to KotOR 2's drivel.
KOTOR 2 didn't HAVE an ending. It just finished.

OT: DA2 takes the cake for me. I actually sort of liked it up till the third act when it just got really shit. This is what happens when you rush stuff.

Tzatziki3301

Aug 11, 2009
Jailbird408 said:
Ragnarok185 said:
Skyrim ending.........

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!
The Skyrim ending was not shit, it was just a disappointment that seemed to end when things were getting good.
Err... which one exactly?

To explain, all of the major quest arcs (each guild, the dragons, the war) has its own ending, as you may come to notice if you have only done the war (or the dragons). The dragons one, depending where you left it, makes sense (Paarthurnax decision, stay with the blades or take your place amongst the Dovr as an equal) and the whole build up to the final fight with Alduin is pretty epic, the Thieves guild one is pretty awesome actually (Nightingales...), as is the Dark Brotherhood.

only one that is a bit weak is the War itself... if you choose the wrong side for your preferences (and race). But then, it has to be like that or the world makes no sense. To the Empire, or the Stormcloaks, you are NOT the all-conquering hero, Tullius or Ulfric are, it's 'their' war, not yours.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
Vault101 said:
Red Dead Redemption

no, seriously fuck that game

fuck that game for ripping out my heart and stomping on while sadistically yelling at me and telling my all my hopes and dreams are doomed to fail while punhing me in the face and making me cry

fuck that game
Surely that's what made the ending great?

Well I suppose not great, but I felt genuinley attached to John Marston by the end, and I think as part of the narrative it worked well.

I even replayed that ending to see if t wouln't happen ):

Shadey[64]

Nov 20, 2009
Definitely RAGE.

About Borderlands.. I actually really enjoyed the ending for that story wise.
You go the whole game hearing but whispers of the Vault, of it holding great power (supposedly alien tech). You're warned early on that these are just rumors, but that part seems to slip the mind.. It's a game about treasure hunters, I think most players were picturing the same thing as me, an endless hall of weapons and tech to pick from. Then you're there, you're on victory road headed for that final conflict, and bam! Just as soon as you see it, it's gone, locked away from you forever. You're left standing clueless in front of the ruins of your supposed prize.
To me and my friends, this was the best possible ending. Sure it would've been nice to pick through an armory of alien weaponry.. But whats the point if that's the end of the game?
It was depressing, confusing and left you wanting more.(You yourself feeling these emotions, not your character.) what more could one ask for?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
VonKlaw said:
schwetty balzac said:
It seems those that adhere to this statement have never played Knights of the Old Republic 2. Fallout 3's slightly weak ending looks like award-winning writing of the highest calibre compared to KotOR 2's drivel.
That whole last area in KotOR 2 just screamed "We couldn't be assed to finish this crap properly."
There's a difference between not wanting to make an ending, and not being able to make an ending.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
zidine100 said:
persona 3 (note i had the psp version without fes)

after a totaly mediocre grindfest of a game, (can you really tell me tartarus was something other than that?) you get a kick in the balls ending where you character just randomly dies from exhaustion (okay that's the only reason i could think of at the time). (at least that's what i thought until i heard of fes) So yes they either released a unfinished game without a real ending and decided to charge extra for it later on or that was the intended ending. Sorry i just annoys me, i expected at least a ending, not just some stupid you mad? moment.
That's funny, I've always strongly disagreed with the majority that hates the ending. I had the FES version, and I decided to not play "The Answer" because I felt the ending was so incredibly satisfying.
I never understood what people complained about.

I thought it was obvious that you died because you sacrificed yourself in order to stop Nyx. After defeating Nyx's avatar and facing Nyx itself, you get hit hard, but you "withstand the attack", because of the power you gained. It allows you to survive. And in the end, you use "The Great Seal" which ends the fight. It's tooltip says "Unleash the power within you to seal Nyx". But it's cost is all your health, every single one. You give your life to save everyone.

I thought it was a great ending, and I also thought it was incredibly obvious what happened.

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
While Valkyrie Profile Lenneth is easily one of my favorite games, it sadly has a horrible ending. Here´s the thing: you have a war between two goodly races witch will end with either peace or Ragnarok. At the same time, some of the good gods rise arms against each other and the human world is slowly going to hell because of wars, plagues and tyranny. All of this is totally thrown away only to make the protagonist and her dead boyfriend get united...and then the game ends. Disappointing deluxe

BlackHazard

Nov 6, 2008
Flailing Escapist said:
Just from looking at my shelf... Uhhhh - RAGE.

RAGE had no 3rd act.. It was just.. uhhhhhh
Yeah it pissed me off and I paid full price for that game.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
CoL0sS said:
Oh God, where do I start. Does anyone remember game called Pariah? Mother of all shitty cliffhangers. Not that it was particularly interesting to begin with.
Oh god, THAT game... I'm actually on the fence with that one, seeing as how
Mason(you) was the only one that had managed to emotionally connect with Karina (the girl), and his death made her so upset that all her mystical powers finally burst out of her. It makes sense that she would be upset over his death, and her cry of despair made me feel pretty sorry for her.

But then again, I still don't like how the ending was just so... boring. You crash, you die, girl is sad. The end. It was just so anti-climactic.

Now that I think about it, I don't really see the cliffhanger in the ending. I mean the ending is pretty self-explanatory as to what happens to the main character.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
The Shadowlord said:
The Black Magician trilogy had a sort of disappointing ending. Not the worst ending ever. But it felt kind of rushed.

After all the build up for the villains, Akkarin just pegs it, the cliche "take my power" scene commences and then Sonea just kills the Ichani. Then that's it. The epilogue gives it a sort of decent ending, but I felt rather cheated with the final battle. Something of an anti-climax.
Yeah I never understood their reluctance to take the power from the arena I can't really see any down sides and it would have allowed them both to survive.Though I suppose it isn't really an ending now because there are new books in the series.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
DarkRyter said:
Fallout 3, without DLC.

FAWKES. STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE.
Oh god. I know. I fucking loved Fallout 3, and lost my shit when I realized my level 20 character with 60+ hours put into it was lost forever because my stupid ass saved inside the Project Purity control room.

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
What has been the most dissapointing ending toa game/book/film to you? For me:

Game: Final Fantasy X-
I like FF games for the story. Everything else is a bonus. Say what you like about it I do not care but I loved X until the end. I like cleché happy endings. Luckly X-2 fixed it. Just a shame the rest of it was shit.

Movie: The Matrix Revolutions.
Neo is Jesus. They should have just ended the movie with Keanu Reeves giving the screen the middle finger and him shouting Fuck you at the viewers.

Book: I cannot think of a book I read that had a bad ending but I hated the ending to the last Codex Alera book, First Lord's Fury for one reason. It was the last in the series. And it was soooo good that I wanted more.

Edit: Fixed spoilers so people will not ***** about me revealing the ending to a 12 year old game and a 10 year old movie.
I can't remember the name of the movie, but that one where there's a rich person that's bored with his life and meets his brother after a long time. His brother tells him to go to a company that will make his life more entertaining. They screw with him the whole movie and in the end he's alright with it. I would have killed someone.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Anime: Kampfer: The 11th episode builds up a cool fight between the big bad and everybody then episode 12 is this weird Christmas episode.What a fucking disappointment, I figured that maybe the next OVA would resolve things but nope it's basically a retread of episode 11.

Hell Girl Cauldron of Three: The big twist is ok but in the end the whole plot is made pointless by the fact that Ai's Successor completely fucks it up and Ai's right back to being the Hell Girl. It was a stupid ending to a season that in all honesty should have not existed.

Games: Wild Arms 1, It's ok except for one thing, Cecilia decides to forsake all her duties of her recovering country to go on adventures with Jack and Rudy. It would be fine except she's had an adventure already and should be helping her ailing country that would benefit from a figure to rally around like a princess who saved the world.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Ninjafire72 said:
CoL0sS said:
Oh God, where do I start. Does anyone remember game called Pariah? Mother of all shitty cliffhangers. Not that it was particularly interesting to begin with.
Oh god, THAT game... I'm actually on the fence with that one, seeing as how
Mason(you) was the only one that had managed to emotionally connect with Karina (the girl), and his death made her so upset that all her mystical powers finally burst out of her. It makes sense that she would be upset over his death, and her cry of despair made me feel pretty sorry for her.

But then again, I still don't like how the ending was just so... boring. You crash, you die, girl is sad. The end. It was just so anti-climactic.

Now that I think about it, I don't really see the cliffhanger in the ending. I mean the ending is pretty self-explanatory as to what happens to the main character.
Oh dear God I just went back and re-watched that ending.
Because scene fades to black I never realized he actually shot himself. Later on I missed his body on the floor and went straight to that explosion and white screen. Left me wondering WTF just happened. It was a long time ago though.

Turns out it wasn't a cliffhanger. Just poorly executed ending. Thanks :)