Worst Fan Base Out There

johnstamos

May 17, 2011
don't come into direct contact with many bieber or twilight fangirls and i doubt many of you do either unless your still in middle school...
plenty of cod fans take whole cake on worst fanbase.
also hearing the cake is a lie from every random twit in the mall makes portal fans a close second.

Sep 14, 2009
Trucken said:
I'd say footballfans (soccer). They see all the flaws the game have (diving, for example) but when you start talking about making changes to the game that might get rid of the cheating (and make for more entertaining matches) they nearly piss themselves out of anxiety.
i'd agree to this although i think its somewhat of a "regional" thing, i've gone to plenty of football/soccer matches in the past few years in america (both on the professional and college level) and the fans are no where near as "dedicated" to say the least to the teams/games as other countries are, not to say we don't have some overly zealous fans, but people getting trampled and constant fights? doesn't happen.

King Kupofried

Jan 19, 2010
My Little Pony.
Dear. God. My Little Pony.
Their more vocal fans have made this the very first time I have found myself actually starting to feel spite towards something I enjoy (MLP) simply because I realize I am supporting a show that breeds these people, and it become difficult to actually watch the show anymore without hearing their horrible, self-gratifying, victim-complex induced rambling about how anyone who doesn't treat the show like some sort of gift from the heaven is an overly masculine, insecure, man-child.

/Garble snarble gnash gnash hiss spit rage.

Granted, that's mostly an exaggeration. Mostly. I wish I could say all though. However they have been significantly quieter as of late, at least in the non-MLP related areas of the interwebs.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Irony said:
RandallJohn said:
I can't really think of any fandom that's ALL bad. I mean, every group's gonna have rational folks and fanboys.
I'm with this guy. Sure each fanbase has it's less than appealing members, some more than others, but the fanbase is never fully composed of these others. So I don't condemn the innocents with the guilty. I'll judge them on an individual basis.

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
...Other fanbases I hate are the fans of American extremist news (both Stephen Colbert and Glen Beck) who let them do the thinking for them...
Just wanted to point out that Stephen Colbert is a satire of guys like Glen Beck. I doubt he actually believes stuff like that. I would think you would catch that seeing as the Stephen Colbert Report is on Comedy Central.

Colbert's thinly-veiled satire is easily identifiable, and that makes his extreme Left Wing perspective stick in the mind of Leftists who let him do all of the thinking for them with his sarcastic tone.

I really hate it when people think I'm an idiot when, in fact, they're misreading what I said.
Eh, I just figure he's making fun of the extreme right-wingers like Glen Beck or Bill O'Rily. You can mock one side without supporting the other.

And I never said you were an idiot. Just thought you misread him. It seems I misread you instead.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog. Because the only reason that its horribly divided is because 75% cover it in impenetrable nostalgia cream, then they quickly denounce it into something ridiculous or stupid because it isn't like the Genesis games. That pisses me off.

ultratog1028

Mar 19, 2010
COD fans for overhype.

Even though I'm apart of it, Halo fans. They are alright but honestly need to shut up about Reach's Problems. Don't like it? Don't play it. We are sick of your whining and the game isn't going to remove armor lock anytime soon.

ultratog1028

Mar 19, 2010
FirstToStrike said:
Sonic the Hedgehog. Because the only reason that its horribly divided is because 75% cover it in impenetrable nostalgia cream, then they quickly denounce it into something ridiculous or stupid because it isn't like the Genesis games. That pisses me off.
Do they not realize by now that they aren't the target audience for Sonic anymore? 7 year olds are. And some of the games are still very similar to the originals, and the originals were alright. Just alright to begin with.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I've met quite a few "Otakus" (avid anime fans), who have this annoying 'holier than thou' attitude towards 'lesser' fans. That being said, most "Otakus" are not so bad.

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase that's totally perfect or totally insane. Yeah, I've been called out and insulted for daring to suggest something different to a particular fan's tastes, but from those same suggestions, a lot of fans have listened to me and tried new things.

For example, after I showed my younger brother Zero Punctuation, he's been on a hating spree of J-RPGs, bashing them with every justification Yahtzee used and maybe one of his own. His own argument is that the characters' eyes are too big. From there, it's an anime-hating spree, and he gets on my case for having the nerve to even LIKE Touhou. He also makes fun of me for being an artist, claiming that I do nothing but scribble all day to no avail.

So, from just that, I can draw that it's not only fanbases that are annoying; it's fanbase bashers. I'm willing to accept that a lot of people don't like Touhou, anime, or drawing, but it gets pretty darn stupid when they can't justify their dislikes and feverishly attempt to hide the flaws in their own preferences.

The most respectful fanbase I've been a part of is the Touhou fanbase, but then again, I probably haven't even seen the bad side. On the good side, we've got people who write doujins, build animations, draw fan art, and play the games, but know that the majority of our friends would prefer not to know about it.

PekoponTAS

Mar 7, 2009
Square Enix fans, Zelda fans, and Earthbound/Mother 3 fans.

I really shouldn't say anything else, because I could write an entire book about what is wrong with Square-enix as a company, and its absolutely mental fanbase.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
ultratog1028 said:
FirstToStrike said:
Do they not realize by now that they aren't the target audience for Sonic anymore? 7 year olds are. And some of the games are still very similar to the originals, and the originals were alright. Just alright to begin with.
Exactly man! And they aren't half bad today. Colors, 4, and Generations kicked ass!

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Ooooh boy, that's gotta be Sonic fans.

Seriously, Sonic fans are never happy with anything. Give them anything SEGA has been making Sonic related during the last ten years and they will nitpick it more than any other rabbid critic in the internet. Sometimes I wonder where the videogame industry would be if we all had been as nitpicky as they are.

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
I'm not really sure who to hate more: Egosoft for genuinely believing that a space flight simulator series with the explorative freedom of a concentration camp wasn't a terrible idea or the retarded wankers that make up it's fan base for encouraging such a perverse, corrosive idea for 3 games - and yet another one on the way, which still appears to wallow in it's wretched past, despite having the chance to start afresh following a supernova - and 2 expansion packs running!

crazyhyena645

Feb 19, 2011
xbox and ps3 fanbases are really bad. they cant see that each has flaws and perks, and that in some way theirs is always better than the other when there really the same (depending on how u like to play your games). they wont even entertain the idea that the two are equal.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
Jersey Shore: Mindless retards who can't come up with basic logic.

Edit: It seems this is a videogame thread..
Battlefield: They scoff as COD like it's peasantry.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Avaholic03 said:
Montreal Canadiens or Vancouver Canucks fans. All you people citing video game fans...I've yet to see a riot over video games (maybe a trampling or two on Black Friday, but nothing like this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAx8WyXS9o&feature=related])
Me thinks you win. Yikes!
I was watching that on the news. My favorite part was the mass looting.

One chick comes out of a broken into fashion store and say, on camera "I've wanted this purse for a while now!"

The whole thing was pretty nuts.