Worst Film EVAR!

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Oh god, the Doom movie was shit. Totaly awful. I left 40 minutes in, and that's the only time I have ever done that. Well, I almost did that when I watched Where the Wild Things Are. God that was shit.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Probably Burn After Reading ...god

Seriously? The Room? That movie is fucking hilarious

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
Idle Hands, terrible movie, but so awesome in its horridness. The moral of the story seems to be "if you become a serial killer you will get to bang Jessica Alba".

On the other hand Jessica Alba.

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
DragonChi said:
vanthebaron said:
napoleon dynamite, no clue how the fuck it has a 6.9/10 on IMBD. It was a shit movie, I'd rather watch "the batman movie that should not be named"
You mean Batman and Ro..BLAM!!**assassinated by sharpshooter**
yes that one *puts away sniper rifle*

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
i once found out, to my horror, that a film had been made about the character Buzz Lightyear, as in, the space ranger. i watched it for about 3 seconds and was just repulsed, why would they gang up on and beat the crap out of their favourite movies like this?!?!?!?!

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
You mean a bad Hollywood movie or a bad movie period? 'Cause for the latter I'll just refer you to Youtube.

As for Hollywood movies, Transformers 2. That movie has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
You speak truth. My friends dragged me along to see Transformers 2. I figured that, despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews, I'd at least find some redeeming value in the technological feats. After two of the longest hours, this was simply not the case. The plot was an atrocious, incoherent wreck, the characters were relentlessly unlikable, and at a certain point I just became numb to the special effects. To my knowledge, the film received a Razzie or two. It deserves ten.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
JacobPlackett said:
Scott Pilgrim.

I hate it with a passion.
wow, my sister gave me a guarantee that i would enjoy that film, im afraid i'm gonna stick with her opinion cos... you know.... i dont actually know you

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
JacobPlackett said:
Scott Pilgrim.

I hate it with a passion.
Eh, I don't hate it, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. There were several moments where I actually felt somewhat embarrassed to be watching it.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
xchurchx said:
redisforever said:
Where the Wild Things Are. God that was shit.
Yeah the only reason i didn't leave is coz mah college was paying for it
If I leave a movie, I will go and watch something else without paying again. I went for entertainment. I will get it. I didn't leave because there was nothing better playing.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
redisforever said:
Oh god, the Doom movie was shit. Totaly awful. I left 40 minutes in, and that's the only time I have ever done that. Well, I almost did that when I watched Where the Wild Things Are. God that was shit.
I agree, Where the Wild Things Are is simply a drag. The creators had all of these monsters to work with, and all they could come up with was for them to have trivial domestic spats. Even as a reflection of Max's issues, it simply didn't work out to be anything more than mildly tolerable.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
I am actually very surprised that so many people responded to my post. I have stated this idea many times in the past, but have never elicited such a response, so I assume you can understand my surprise. I do have answers for everyone who quoted me, so let's have fun with this. First my original post, then responses to the question in the order they were received.

Jumping_Over_Fences said:
Most movies that are really bad are so bad that they retain some level of enjoyment. I like to call this the Ed Wood effect.

The movies that I truly hate are the ones that are just boring and pointless, but people seem to love them for some reason. These films include, but are not limited to, Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather Trilogy, Scarface and many others.

These are movies that are just not that great, but for some reason people love them. People look at me funny when I talk about not liking them, like I just told them I enjoy kicking puppies. Through having to defend my position so many times, I have come to truly hate movies like this.

...and anything Michael Bay has ever done.
Moving on:

Hatchet90 said:
Lol, go troll somewhere else.
I'm not trolling at all. In fact, I would hate for someone to get angry at my opinions. They are just mine and that's all. I find it odd that in a forum where we are supposed to talk about films we hate, I am being accused of trolling for doing just that. If I have offended you, I am sorry, because that wasn't my intention.

sheogoraththemad said:
Jumping_Over_Fences said:
Shawshank Redemption
the other two, well I can understand that some people don't like them, but shawshank? dude morgan freeman man.... morgan freeman
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
I understand it's your opinion and all, but would you care to explain exactly why you hate these movies?
I just didn't like them and found them to be quite boring. It took me several times to actually watch most all the way through.

However, my hatred stems from having to defend my position so much. It gets annoying defending myself so often. It is just my opinion, not the end of the world. It is just that some movies have this untouchable vibe to them that I don't understand. If I say I don't like certain movies people assume I am just trying to start trouble.

I wouldn't have hatred for these movies if people didn't always try to defend their "greatness" without understanding that I am entitled to my opinion.

Morgan Freeman is awesome, but we all make mistakes (in my opinion)

theultimateend said:
Those movies are loved mostly for their cinematic qualities. They are the perfect examples of the pieces required to make a film complete.

They aren't very good (in my opinion) but as templates they are excellent.

As for Michael Bay, he's just an outstretching of the current trend for empty entertainment. It goes as far back as the first episode of Jerry Springer and still lives on with Jersey Shore. I'm sure as long as our educational system is in shambles they'll be around and be numerous :).
I completely support this comment.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Wow, there's a lot of movies here that I didn't even think of putting on here. Also a lot which surely don't deserve to be here. I mean, I know Transformers 2 was not a good film if you try to analyse it, but its ok as long as you try not to think too much while watching it. And the guy who mentioned the Shawshank Redemption ... no. Just no.
I've seen a lot of very bad films, many of which have already been repeatedly mentioned, but my own personal anti-favourite would probably be Alexander.

As for that Mega shark thing... wow. I knew some film makers are bad, but I didn't know any who were actually mentally disabled. Clearly the entire brainstorming process for that film was 'big shark... durr hur hur.'

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
The Blind Side. Its bad enough I had to sit through a movie about football but it had Sandra Bullock in it. I hate her so much it would make Hitler look like a little *****.
Yeah, I don't understand her appeal. At all.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Hateren47 said:
Classic crap. "Manos: The hands of fate". Everything about that movie is bad. The acting, filming, editing, everything. Behind the scenes of Manos, was a lot more interesting than the movie.

Modern crap. "The Road". I wish he would just have shot the "Papa! Papa!"-kid in the cannibal house.

Recent crap. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the world". I think I'm just too old, I didn't enjoy it one bit. Hoped it was more like "Kick-Ass" and was I ever disappointed. I never fallen asleep in a theatre, but nothing of value would have been lost if I did.
I read the Road, and I loved it. That being said, I agree with some critics in that the book is simply not amenable to film. It is a very nuanced, thoughtful piece that I imagine would translate into an excruciatingly dull cinematic experience.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
James Cameron's Avatar.

Fuck that movie, $300,000,000 spent to tell me how much of a bastard I am for abusing mother earth, 300 billion dollars can plant alot of trees ya hypocrite fuck.