Worst Film EVAR!

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Soluncreed said:
Casual Shinji said:
As for Hollywood movies, Transformers 2. That movie has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
How is giant robots fighting not a redeeming quality?

OT: I think that Plan 9 from Outer Space was pretty bad.
Either that or every movie on the Lifetime Movie network. Its like they try to make every movie as terrible as possible.
It ceases to be a redeeming quality once it has been going on for more than two hours.

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
Koroviev said:
redisforever said:
Oh god, the Doom movie was shit. Totaly awful. I left 40 minutes in, and that's the only time I have ever done that. Well, I almost did that when I watched Where the Wild Things Are. God that was shit.
I agree, Where the Wild Things Are is simply a drag. The creators had all of these monsters to work with, and all they could come up with was for them to have trivial domestic spats. Even as a reflection of Max's issues, it simply didn't work out to be anything more than mildly tolerable.
When that chicke got his arm ripped off me and my m8s were like YES VIOLENCE
but there was no blood just sand....what a disapointment

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
soilent said:
James Cameron's Avatar.

Fuck that movie, $300,000,000 spent to tell me how much of a bastard I am for abusing mother earth, 300 billion dollars can plant alot of trees ya hypocrite fuck.
Actually I think Avatar was meant to tell multinational corporations what bastards they are for abusing mother earth. Or are you the CEO of one of the corporations?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
The worst movie I've ever watched all the way through is The Box.

However, I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review of the Star Wars Christmas Special. The clips he showed horrified me enough that I will never, ever willingly get within ten feet of a hardcopy of that movie. It has to be the worst movie ever made, and not in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. I firmly believe that I would literally (and yes, I mean literally) burst into tears if I were ever forced to watch it all the way through. It's that bad.

ZforZissou

Oct 19, 2008
tommyopera said:
Bloodastral said:
The Life Aquatic
The Life Aquatic!? Okay, now qualify your judgment with elegant prose.
Seconded.

The worst movie I ever saw was Crash (1996). I think the reason I thought it was so bad is because a member of my family told me it was good, but they meant the 2005 Crash, which is good. 1996 Crash might be liked my some, but not by me. I was sitting there for the whole thing waiting for it to get enjoyable or have some redeeming quality, but I just don't "get" it.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
ragin64 said:
Oh, Stephen King's "The Stand"
I will never get that 6 hours back
Buh...wha...I mean...Yurr...where do you get off...I oughta...You sir are a...I LOVE THE STAND!
It's one of my favorite movies. Right from the opening when "Don't Fear the Reaper" starts to play, I was hooked. ooh, and it's even better when you've read The Dark Tower series, as you get to see more of The Stand's world and of a certain antagonist.

What turned you off from the movie? I mean, if you don't like it, then you don't like it, as everyone's taste is different. Just curious.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
vanthebaron said:
napoleon dynamite, no clue how the fuck it has a 6.9/10 on IMBD. It was a shit movie, I'd rather watch "the batman movie that should not be named"
Napolean Dynamite is great I mean a bus full of school children get traumatized by seeing a farmer shoot a cow in the head as they were going by

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Last Airbender. I had no idea it was possible to fuck up an adaptation so badly, never minding that it's still a terrible movie if you watch it with no expectations.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Random berk said:
soilent said:
James Cameron's Avatar.

Fuck that movie, $300,000,000 spent to tell me how much of a bastard I am for abusing mother earth, 300 billion dollars can plant alot of trees ya hypocrite fuck.
Actually I think Avatar was meant to tell multinational corporations what bastards they are for abusing mother earth. Or are you the CEO of one of the corporations?
That depends, are you affiliated with James Cameron?

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Well, I'm tempted to say "The Room" (you're TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!), but since I've never seen the whole thing, I'll have to go with "Dragonball: Evolution" instead.

That movie was just insulting to the manga itself, AND all those who are fans of the manga, myself included.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
vanthebaron said:
napoleon dynamite, no clue how the fuck it has a 6.9/10 on IMBD. It was a shit movie, I'd rather watch "the batman movie that should not be named"
You mean the Dark Night? Yeah, a pretty overrated film, but not completely awful.

An obscure film called 29 Palms gets my vote. Only watched it for having rachael Leigh Cook in it but not even she could make it worth watching. Typical cheapo road movie where the humour fell very flat and the characters and plot were one-dimensional.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks Napoleon Dynamite was absolute rubbish. And Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I left the theater that one was so bad.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Bloodastral said:
The Life Aquatic
Yeah, that movie was weird.
It won an Emmy, though.

OP: Little Man Tate. Two hours of a kid crying because he's smarter that everybody else. AWWWW, HOW SAD FOR YOU.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
vanthebaron said:
DragonChi said:
vanthebaron said:
You mean Batman and Ro..BLAM!!**assassinated by sharpshooter**
yes that one *puts away sniper rifle*
ROFL, I know EXACTLY how you feel man. that 'thing' is an abomination. I refuse to call it a movie, because its nothing more than a monster.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
Koroviev said:
[
I read the Road, and I loved it. That being said, I agree with some critics in that the book is simply not amenable to film. It is a very nuanced, thoughtful piece that I imagine would translate into an excruciatingly dull cinematic experience.
I haven't read the book but I can imagine it would be the better format for that story. Dull is a good description of the movie :D

Sinisterspider

Sep 7, 2008
Attack of the giant mutant crab monsters.
Not even kidding, arguably it was in black and white but still. Even for the time, unfalteringly terrible.