Worst game addiction?

Raspien

Aug 9, 2008
my brothers just got out of WoW rehab. He's much better now, at first the meds didnt work so the doctors increased his dose.

He is sleeping much better now, still occasions calls out in his sleep about buffs and night elves.

I sometimes catch him on there, claiming that he's just on the net. but i can see it in his eyes, he's farming or raiding. He hides his stash in the bottom drawer, i've seen it, his subscription pack, login details.

Its tough but were getting there, one day he'll be free of his addiction.

poor bastard

H_Smith

Aug 18, 2008
F.E.A.R. and Gears of War. You know when you go to bed and you feel like you're still playing and you can see the game's images when you close your eyes? It happened to me with that two games. Quite cool.

syrinx black

Aug 16, 2008
oh god, diablo II. It is eating my soul! I have promised myself that I won't touch WoW because I know I would get addicted and I don't think I could deal with another addiction like diablo II.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
I Was Once Addicted To WoW.

Then i realized, that i could do everything in that game in real life.

Police are just town guards, and this AK-47 gives +10,000 Badass and +100000000 Lethality.

Calmaveth

Aug 17, 2008
CS:S for a while, while I was half-decent... then I discovered just how boring such games become after too long.

Al X and Ur

Aug 15, 2008
dalek sec post=9.68445.629481 said:
I guess I would have to say Super Mario RPG for the SNES. Just loved playing that game... and then sadly would have to return it to blockbuster, never could find it in the stores either.
yea, i cant stop playing that game either, but i actually own it, oh yea, and also Disgaea hour of darkness, i am finally going to get my own copy of too!!!

mrnelsby

Aug 6, 2008
W.o.W. was probably the worst one... kicked it back in May. Get a bit itchy here and there, but ultimtely I think I just think that MMORPGS and I aren't a good combination...

islagatt

Jul 28, 2008
I've had intermittent addictions to things like onimusha, and command and conquer before. Neither one compares to the soul-devouring dalliance I had with Supreme Commander though, I just recovered from another brief attraction to mass effect, but this wednesday my resolve will be tested when Too Human comes out. Norse Mythology AND Cyberpunk, I don't stand much chance.

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
Here is anotherone who was addicted to WoW, which was like one year
and I was addicted to Gran Turismo 3, those happy days...

MSORPG pl4y3r

Aug 7, 2008
minispike47 post=9.68445.637039 said:
buggy65 post=9.68445.629097 said:
Oblivion... All those weeks! Why God! Why!!!
Yeah I spend 90 hours on that game and got all the achievements...oh god...I need help
you think thats bad? I spent oh...ummm...hold on I'll check...........327.75 hours in total.
but I made more than one save to try out the other stuff -oh hell! I just started listning to myself, HELP!!!!!!

Decroux

Apr 23, 2008
I get what you guys refer to 'addicted' to any game I play. I clocked Need for Speed Underground 1 and 2 and STILL haven't got sick of it! So weird since I'm not a racing gamer. Now I must get all the magazines because I didn't last time...

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
MSORPG pl4y3r post=9.68445.640615 said:
minispike47 post=9.68445.637039 said:
buggy65 post=9.68445.629097 said:
Oblivion... All those weeks! Why God! Why!!!
Yeah I spend 90 hours on that game and got all the achievements...oh god...I need help
you think thats bad? I spent oh...ummm...hold on I'll check...........327.75 hours in total.
I'm not quite sure whether I should be impressed or worried.

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
I don't see how so many people were so addicted to Warcraft. I mean, it was pretty fun and I played it for about a year, but I could actually put the damned thing down whenever I wanted too. Yeah, I had a level 70, but it took me a year to get one because I didn't play it very often. I was too busy doing other things.

I dunno, I guess some people just have less self control than others.