Worst game addiction?

Mephilese

Jun 2, 2008
Aginor27 post=9.68445.629193 said:
i guess i was addicted to WoW for one summer, but i barely play it now. considering ending my account.
Goddamnit your avatar makes me fekking hungry -_-
Argh another DP, sorry >_<;

Mephilese

Jun 2, 2008
As I've said in previous threads, I've clocked my 500th hour on Oblivion for the X360.

The scary thing is I've never played World of Warcraft for fear of getting addicted but the temptation to play it is greater than ever.. What with people revealing how much time they spent on it.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
starcraft, digimon world 3 (come on i just had to see that damn war greymon), persona 3, and legend of legaia.

ZahariasX

Jun 25, 2008
Diablo II for sure...I got hooked on Oblivion one time when my gf at the time unknowing to me wasn't paying the full bills and we lost internet/phone/TV for a couple months...and to an extent when I was younger I'll say FFVIII.

_Lucca_

Aug 15, 2008
I logged in heavy hours on a MUD for several years -- since I broke free of that I've been terrified of trying any of the WoW / EQ type of gaming, since I can't afford to get that sucked into a new game. I played SecondLife for about a month figuring it might be a happy medium, but it's not for me.

Gitsnik

May 13, 2008
Nethack. It's been over 6 (8?) years since I first encountered that game. Even now as I sit in front of my screen and look at an active security attack, there's a running game in focus and I'm attacking a djinn.

Churchman

Jun 21, 2008
The only game I could ever say I was addicted to was Dune for the Genesis. I tried playing it again a while ago and was bored to tears by it, I guess better RTS have ruined it for me.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
minispike47 post=9.68445.637039 said:
buggy65 post=9.68445.629097 said:
Oblivion... All those weeks! Why God! Why!!!
Yeah I spend 90 hours on that game and got all the achievements...oh god...I need help
I eschewed fast travel in favor of a walk through the game's beautiful environments to go animal and bandit hunting and next thing I knew I had 250 hours of gameplay, had beaten every quest in both vanilla and Shivering Isles, and maxed my character's level at 47.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
System Shock 2.

Started at 9pm, finished at 11pm. The next day. And oh no, I didn't win it. I didn't win it for months, maybe years. That was just one of many runs, a few too many of which ended after 4am. No game put the shits up me like Shock 2. Not even Grey Slayer.

Well alright, maybe Grey Slayer...

Seano95

Dec 10, 2007
Im addicted to Halo 3. OMG i wanna play Halo 3 right now! Its the best game evar in the whole universe. I bought the limited edition cos its fucking awesome! And i love the helmet soooo much. I 0wn n00bs so much cos im so 1337

ike_luv

Aug 20, 2008
Not surprisingly FF7... but shockingly, Dynasty Warriors 5... why?! Oh and while I'm here... that should go online... how cool would that be?!

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
I tried to play civilization 4, only liked if for a while.
Civ revolutions on my Xbox 360 held my attention for a bit longer.
I was nuts about Civ 2 and 3 though, those where only games on my computer for like 5 years.
Then World of Warcraft came along, which I had played everyday. After realizing my real life was far less important then drinking and playing WoW so I decided I had to quit.

Though every morning I still wake up and wish I could play my priest or warrior for just one more day.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
Operation Flashpoint had my mouth watering the moment I set eyes on it, as did World in Conflict. I loved the Cold War setting and the vaguely-authentic hardware.
But the game that really did a number on me was the first game I bought- Strike Commander CD, back in 1995. I must've played both campaigns three times over before I latched onto harder stuff like Doom and Command&Conquer.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Fallout.
I swear, I walk into a room for 15 minutes to play Fallout, walk about about 3 hours later (Usually because I'm being forced off the premiscise haha jk :D)

kbag08

Aug 12, 2008
I spent a good 6 months using the director mode in driv3r trying to recreate the car chase from the bourne identity - what a waste of time but i couldnt tear my self away