Worst game of 2008-2009

Mysterious Stranger

Oct 6, 2009
darthzew said:
Wow, holy crap. Do you guys know what the word worst actually means?

Try "Bus Simulator 2008" or "Secret Service: Ultimate Sacrifice" if you want worst.
I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I can only judge games I played. I didn't play either of those.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Mysterious Stranger said:
darthzew said:

Try "Bus Simulator 2008" or "Secret Service: Ultimate Sacrifice" if you want worst.
I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I can only judge games I played. I didn't play either of those.
I admit I never played Bus Simulator, but I did get some hands on with "Secret Service".

...wow...

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Obviously some people don't know what it means. If i want to post as a replt to someone i'm not gonna post before there post am i seriously. Takes how many brain cells to work that out. You had the time to quote all my comments but not enough to just read them? Also Assassin's Creed was a great game to complete once.

You_have_a_name

Feb 25, 2009
Midnight club LA and army of two is the game which i have had least fun playing this year so ill have to say them, but im sure in comparison to some games they are like GODS

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
For me, it's got to be Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

That game is/was such a letdown when you compare it to the original Operation Flashpoint. I had been waiting for a sequal to the original OFP since its release back in 2001. When I first played Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, I was shocked by what I saw. It is a messy console port with bad multiplayer, idiotic AI, zero realism, and so-so graphics. Seriously, I am angry at Codemasters for releasing that heap of crap.

They marketed it as having the realism of the original game - One bullet kills about 99% of the time, weapon recoil, sound occlusion, bullet drop, speed of sound modelling, material penetration, etc. Very little of that can be found in this game, and what is there, is modelled poorly. Recoil is almost non-existant (especially when looking through optics), I have yet to be able to shoot through a wooden door and kill someone, and I have yet to die of a single bullet to the head - it usually takes three or so.

EDIT: Edited for readability.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
darthzew said:
Mysterious Stranger said:
darthzew said:

I admit I never played Bus Simulator, but I did get some hands on with "Secret Service".

...wow...
The trouble is, now you have intregued me... I find myself wanting to see just how bad it really is for myself.

Iron_Girl

Apr 18, 2009
I have to say the worst game for me is Scribblenauts and also Beatles Rockband. It was good but there could have been way more songs like Hey Jude or All You Need is Love. Oh and the absolute worst game for me other than those two is Prototype. I could not get past the graphics.
If you think the friendly AI is bad in Left 4 Dead go play Resident Evil 5. Sheva was horrible as a partner. I consider Resident Evil 5 a very good game though, along with Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Scribblenaughts is a fun game when you have nothing else to do. It's a bit pointless but still a challenge.

Most people make there mind up about games being bad or good within the first 5 mins of playing but if you get into Scribblenaughts it isn't too bad.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
That's a popular choice what makes Damnation so bad? Don't think anyone has mentioned Madworld.

May 28, 2009
Furburt said:
EDIT: Oh wait, Stalin Vs. Martians, that game was brain poison.
They lure you in with a name that's full of win, the sneaky geezers.

And I shall always say Dark Sector. I shall never play that game again (this is part of the list of three games I have vowed to never play again, so it's a rare dishonour for only the most refined of shite).

Antlovesabi said:
Obviously some people don't know what it means. If i want to post as a replt to someone i'm not gonna post before there post am i seriously. Takes how many brain cells to work that out. You had the time to quote all my comments but not enough to just read them? Also Assassin's Creed was a great game to complete once.
Use the "quote" button please, otherwise no one will know you're talking to them.

S-Unleashed said:
Gear of War 2.
Is that the one with no coop mode? ;)

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Sorry about that last forum i visted didn't use the quote button a lot. How about the new Batman game anyone like that?

May 28, 2009
Antlovesabi said:
Sorry about that last forum i visted didn't use the quote button a lot. How about the new Batman game anyone like that?
It's been incredibly popular last time I heard, though I haven't played it, so I have no opinion on it.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
MysticnFm said:
I challenge any of you saying anything other than Stalin Vs Martians to go play that game, and then come back and still think your game was the worst.
Makes a kickass background for my comp though. (The cover image)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Probably Burnout paradise. I never liked how they made it freeworld and more like a hybrid of racing simulator and arcade racing.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I can guarantee you that no one here knows because the worst game is some shovelware that no one bothered to buy. Most gamers here have a minimum standard and would not stoop to buying such junk.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I generally don't play bad games... this should probably be re-titled "Biggest disappointment" rather than Worst Game....

Worst Game I've actually played in the last two years is Too Human.