Worst game of 2008-2009

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
My friend tried CoD:WaW on the Wii--bloody awful. Controls were about as backwards and unplayable as could be, almost as if they had been designed that way, to the extent where just firing the guns felt as natural as pulling your own rectum out your mouth.

EDIT:
Iron_Girl said:
I have to say the worst game for me is Scribblenauts and also Beatles Rockband. It was good but there could have been way more songs like Hey Jude or All You Need is Love. Oh and the absolute worst game for me other than those two is Prototype. I could not get past the graphics.
If you think the friendly AI is bad in Left 4 Dead go play Resident Evil 5. Sheva was horrible as a partner. I consider Resident Evil 5 a very good game though, along with Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2.
And wow, yo, could you complain some more? Knocking five games in one post, what, you going for a record or something?

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
My friend tried CoD:WaW on the Wii--bloody awful. Controls were about as backwards and unplayable as could be, almost as if they had been designed that way, to the extent where just firing the guns felt as natural as pulling your own rectum out your mouth.
First person i've ever heard of that has brought a COD game on the Wii.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Antlovesabi said:
First person I've ever heard of that has bought a COD game on the Wii.
Look, bro, replying to the posts in your own thread is alright, but try and lump your responses together, limiting how much you spam your own page. And if you're going to post so much in such a short time, at least take the time to preview, eh? For the rest of us, if nothing else.

And yeah, it's a bit rare, mostly because CoD:WaW did not do well at all on the wii, reportedly due to the horrendous controls. The other Call of Duty titles have done better, but they in no way stand up against the number of the same titles that are sold on the counterpart consoles. Most developers have yet to realize how to actually use the Wii's controls to appropriately play an FPS.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure that you can understand what i mean. It's a lot easier to reply to someone as i see there comment, instead of trying to remember who wrote what and writing a big comment. If you don't like it then don't read it. Simple as i can put it.

Deadpewl

Jul 23, 2009
Pretty much every movie based game that has come out from 2008-2009.
Pretty much every sports game that was the same as the last one made but with 08 or 09 tacked on to the end.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009

A steampunk themed third person shooter with parkour elements and giant steam powered motor bikes...And yet somehow Code Masters managed to fuck this idea up the ass.

A perfect example of not to design levels and control schemes. Talk about hitting two stones with one bird.

AKA: FEAR 1

Apparently Capcom believe's that the best way to make a next-gen RE game is to take everything that was awesome about it's predecessor, throw it into a fire, and replace it with shitty AI, an annoying inventory system, piss poor story and characters, and a plot twist and ending so cliched, obvious, and baby punchingly stupid it would make even the harshest critic have more sympothy for a game as bad as...

this.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Think there is some people getting annoying with this thread because people are actually talking in it. Need to wrap it up and so far i've seen Far Cry 2, Alone in the Dark and Damnation quite a few time.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
KillerMidget said:
Antlovesabi said:
Sorry about that last forum i visted didn't use the quote button a lot. How about the new Batman game anyone like that?
It's been incredibly popular last time I heard, though I haven't played it, so I have no opinion on it.
Coming from someone who has played it from beginning to end...Batman Arkham Asylum is one of the few ridiculously over hyped/popular games that actually deserves most (if not all) the praise it gets.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Well I'd say that ODST is the worst game to nominate for worst game of the year simply because of the ire it would generate.

I have never played the worst game of any year because I could always tell that it was a bad game without playing it. I think most of these "worst game" discussions should be more accurately referred to as "most disappointing game" since we only play games that we expect to be fun, but sometimes find games that fail, sometimes miserably, to live up to our expectations.

I was somewhat disappointed by CoD:WaW because so much of the Russian campaign felt too much like without living up to the original game, but I've been pleasantly surprised by Quantum of Solace. That said, World at War is a MUCH better game, despite parts of it being disappointing.

Kruxxor

Jan 18, 2009
Antlovesabi said:
Have seen a few topics for the best game of the year and couldn't help thinking of some of the worst. Can be for any reason (mechanics, graphics ,AI, storyline, lenght or anything else you can think of. Wont name them all now but will start off with The Sims simply because it isn't a game and simulate every part of a boring life to a ridiculous level.
Two Worlds
Alone in the Dark
Silent Hill
Transformers
Too Human
LOST
Legend of Spyro
Overlord / II
Beowulf
Eat Lead
G.I Joe
Halo Wars
Ninja Blade
Wanted

To name but a few.

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Out of the ones I've played, Killzone 2. Once I finished the story, that was kind of it.

The multiplayer didn't interest me and the game really had no replay value.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
ryukage_sama said:
Well I'd say that ODST is the worst game to nominate for worst game of the year simply because of the ire it would generate.

I have never played the worst game of any year because I could always tell that it was a bad game without playing it. I think most of these "worst game" discussions should be more accurately referred to as "most disappointing game" since we only play games that we expect to be fun, but sometimes find games that fail, sometimes miserably, to live up to our expectations.
I agree. But some people (including myself) tend to not give in to hype and fail to get excited for a game. After learning the hard way with Enter The Matrix, not getting excited or giving in to hype is really the best to do.

Ammadessi

Oct 6, 2009
Instead of "worst" I'm going with the game that disappointed me most this year.

Lucidity. I get what Lucas Arts was trying to do, but the game would have been so much more playable as a traditional platformer. The sheer frustration of trying to map out the right pieces to move the girl along makes me angry that I bought the game.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Enter the Matrix wasn't a half bad game at all. But i also never managed to complete it for various reasons.