Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

ArkhamJester

Sep 30, 2010
Final Fantasy 13, It was the very first game I bought for the whole 60 dollars and it is now the one of only two games I hold legit hatred for. To say this one game is the reason I don't like the current retail price tag of new games is putting it mildyly.

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
Rift. I tried to just play the free trial, and the thing took so long patching that it informed me my time was up before I even got to load it.
During the Steam sale, I buy it for 10$(although it eventually costs me 25$ because I used a reloadable gift credit card, the information of which it required me to provide for my subscription before even trying the first free month.) It patches for another eight hours, I finally get in and it's the laggiest, most clunky thing I've ever played. The graphics were iffy, the customization mediocre at best and the quests were murderously dull.
Ugh.

Lungo

Feb 9, 2008
Gears of war 1... so bad that I never got by the first level... and I actual went down town to buy it... in the rain... so before I was home, I was soaked. So I'm convinced that the game was taking a piss on me too for buying it.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Crackdown 2. Playing it just made me want to play Prototype. When the game you're playing makes you want to play a different game, you know it's a stinker.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
FirstToStrike said:
ShadowDude112 said:
FirstToStrike said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

There are NO EXCUSES Sega! NO EXCUSES! And this coming from a Sonic fanboy!

You could have at least delayed it a bit and fixed the shitty camera and all the game breaking glitches, and re-did the voice work, THEN it would have been a decent game.

But no. You have to please one of the most unpleaseable fanbases ever.

I'm proud to say that I am one of the 4% of the Sonic fanbase that isn't a bunch of freaking idiots.
When you ***** about voice work, then yes, you are a fucking idiot.
Name calling? Great. Reported
YEAH! TEAMWORK! *highfives*

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Final Fantasy XIII. That was the final (Geddit?) nail in the coffin for me in regards to JRPGs

Oh, and Oblivion. I hated the leveling system and it was just such a bore. I gave up on it.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I've purchased Vampire Rain, Aliens vs Predator and Homefront, so those three are at the top of the list. HomeFront comes in second though because I was able to get my money back from Gamestop and get Fable 3 and Call of Duty 4 (so that I could play it again before MW3 comes out.

colson91

Apr 2, 2010
Okamipsychonaut said:
I would have to say Hunter:the reckoning, or Resident Evil Outbreak. Brutal Legend was a Huge letdown after Psychonauts, The Red Ninja did not let me change the Y or X axis....so trying to move like I am used to only made the camera swing under her skirt.
...that may have been the point

Brandon Storck

Sep 24, 2010
I have a few, Duke Nukem was the Worst, followed by Brink which I rented for $2 at a Redbox, and Fallout 3 on Steam which for some reason won't run on a Quad-Core CPU but I was able to get all my $$$ back from valve so No Hard Feelings.

blazinwings

Aug 9, 2009
unlimited saga. i bought it because in general i like squenix, and it looked okay and it was 7 bucks. what a piece of shit. in every way.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
SoulSalmon said:
I guess it'd be Rock Band, never got to play it because I found out after buying it that Guitar Hero guitars didn't work.
The Rock Band guitar I bought later didn't work either >.>

And now I play Thirdstyle so I don't have to worry about plastic guitar compatibility 8D
I know for an absolute fact that guitar hero guitars work with Rock Band, it was probably the controllers themselves.

OT: Guitar Hero 5, because it didn't like my Rock Band instruments, and had some gameplay issues.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Well I've done research on most of my purchases, so it's hard to find one that was particularly "bad".

I'll go with Split/Second. While it's a fun racing game with a single-player that almost necessitates completion, I finished it and haven't touched it since. Much better games out there to be bought over Split/Second.

doom_ghost

Dec 2, 2009
mine would have to be the new-est version of the gauntlet series.. it was for orignial xbox.. anyways i remember playing gauntlet dark legacy and that game was awesome IMO... ( i dont care what others have to say bout it) and it took me a while to beat it and such.. and then i got the new-ish one and i literally beat the game in 20 mins.. SERIOUSLY there was 2 lvls and then a boss fight and there were 6 bosses... no finding runestones no secret characters no boss items NOTHING!!.. end of game gg

KillerMort

May 1, 2011
Borderlands, whenever i see post Apocalypse i expect this great expansive world with survival esque combat with scavenging qualities and diverse combat... couldn't get myself past level 11, all it was to me was run around and shoot in the head, and it wasn't even the fun kind :(

nimbylive

Apr 15, 2009
Too Human. I still wish the game had been fun. I remember reading about it for a couple years before it came out and I bought it up.... Then I played a boring lifeless game that has no redeeming value. It just sucked.