Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Fallout: New Vegas Special Edition Box Set. 80$ new for what I thought was going to be a really good game(Fallout 3 was!). Needless to say, it sucked.

Mr.Incognitus

Dec 7, 2010
I don't really regret any game purchases I have made, but the worst I got was Fable II.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING, played through it once and haven't touched it since

headbanger97

Mar 3, 2010
It was some star trek game where you fought with ships while keeping up recourses...... I was stupid back then.....

killercyclist

Feb 12, 2011
the first army men game for the original playstation, i traded five games for it and it was just a pile of crap.........

CoachZ

Nov 18, 2009
An old PC game called Söldner: Secret Wars. The previews offered me a whole smorgasbord of shooter mechanics I wanted at the time: TONS of weapons, lots of vehicles to control, destructible environments, the works. Then it came out, was buggy, poorly optimized, had shitty map design, worthless single-player, and empty online servers.
It was the game that taught me to check reviews before any purchase and made me the jaded gamer I am today.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Two Worlds 2 ONLY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A FUCKING WIDE SCREEN TV I CANT SEE HALF OF THE SHIT I AM SUPPOSED TO BE DOING. Sorry about that but youd think that in all of the reveiws that they wouldve said "Hey you need a wide screen tv to see all of the menus and assorted meters."

MarcBRO

Jan 16, 2011
Halo 3: ODST. $60 for something i plowed through on legendary in 2 hours. And I didn't have any form of online account at the time.

EDIT: I also forgot about The Urbz: Sims in the City (I was a kid, c'mon) and maybe Vanquish. LOVED Vanquish, but holy fuck was it really short.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Metroid Other M, need I say more?
I was so mad, I knew it was going to be shit but a few friends were insisting I'd love it. I sold the game the day I beat it and never looked back. That game was absolute shit and anyone who says it doesn't ruin Samus as a character probably was too busy staring at her ass to realize they sucked the strength out of her more than just her suit.

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
DC Universe Online. I never played an MMO before and I got hyped because of the 6 minute Blur trailer and I was disappointed. I keep saying I want to go back, but I never do.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Kelorin said:
Chromehounds. Definitely Chromehounds.
i feel your pain.

OT: i actually feel fallout 3 was the biggest waste of money for me. now before i get flamed i disliked the game because i paid $50 for it and it was just too open world, i mean dont get me wrong i love open worlds but when i dont even have a map starting off thats were i draw the line. also the ending sucked.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Unleashed, and Call of Duty Black Ops come to mind. Also, I could have gone without the Sonic Genesis Collection, considering I only played the Sonic games and a little of some others.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Terraria and the GTA IV+Episodes from Liberty City bundle...the first I bought after reading good reviews also since it was such a low price...hardly even touched it. The second im really kicking myself since because I had deal with games for windows live and then the sluggishness when that was done and after that crap I found out to little to late that my graphics card wasnt as badass as I thought it was.

Feb 24, 2011
ecoho said:
Kelorin said:
Chromehounds. Definitely Chromehounds.
i feel your pain.

OT: i actually feel fallout 3 was the biggest waste of money for me. now before i get flamed i disliked the game because i paid $50 for it and it was just too open world, i mean dont get me wrong i love open worlds but when i dont even have a map starting off thats were i draw the line. also the ending sucked.
fallout 3 was a pretty awesome game (but dont mind me this is my opinion :p)
but where did u look for your map? there is a world map after u get out of the vault

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Toy Soldiers on XBLA. Fifteen dollars worth of concentrated disappointment, right there. I thought I'd actually be doing something besides building a whole bunch of turrets to stop the invading force. I wanted to attack, damn it!

icame

Aug 4, 2010
That would be the obligatory FF13, but since that is quite the popular one in this thread I'll say something else. Kotor 2. It literally took me a week to get it working. I scrounged every forum, every answer sight I could looking for a way to make this damn game work. Eventually I had to dual-boot 32 bit xp, as well as apply a couple other fixes to get the thing running.

What did I get for my trouble, you ask? A horribly buggy game with sub-par writing, boring characters, no evolution from the first game, and a boring first level that lasts hours

I swore never to buy an obsidian game again that day..