Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

aidutcher

Dec 11, 2010
In 2009, I paid $170 for a PSP with some games and accessories. I've played it for a grand total of maybe a couple of hours. Worst purchase ever. I'd put it on eBay, but it'd be impossible to sell because of the new PSPs on the market.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever.

I miss my ninety dollars so much.

Krxis Rowe

Apr 2, 2010
For me, it was picking up Shepard's Crossing at a pawn shop. The back of the case made it look like some cross between Harvest Moon and a turn based RPG. Liking both of those things, I bought it. I was soooooo wrong.

Deleriumllama

May 19, 2011
Would have to be Medal of Honor (2010), it was an ok game when the single player wasn't glitching and the multiplayer wasn't crashing; which was quite rare. just overall a frustrating experience and something i would never play again. The best thing about it was the hand grenade usb that came with the pre-order.

Tho1efX

Jun 11, 2011
Global Agenda before it became free. I bought it because I thought there would be more PvE but there were only 3 more quests then I was left with its ever soooooooo crappy PvP.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
For me it was Dragon Age 2, I fucking LOVE Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening, but Dragon Age 2 is easily the game I hate more than any other because it is so boring and easy.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
massaffect123 said:
Kahunaburger said:
Medieval 2 Total War on Steam. The Steam version doesn't support mods, which are the best part of the game.
Huh. You sure? Cause I currently play Third Age Total War using my Steam copy.

OT: Two Worlds. Oh Dear Lord Jebus, not worth the *coughcoughpreordercoughcough*
Hmm... maybe it's changed since then, or it was just the mod I was trying to install. Fortunately, I can just re-download at any time haha.

kidragakash

Oct 22, 2009
Beautiful End said:
kidragakash said:
OH, SNIP!
My rule when buying games:

-If it's based off a movie or a TV show, chances are it will not be a good game.

(Pity cause I love Avatar)
It's probably unfair to those...5 good games based off movies/TV shows that are actually good, but I've noticed about 90% of games that fall under those categories are bad. So bad. Like crying-myself-to-sleep bad.
Yeah... But I though, meh, not too pricey, might as well give it a go... Mr. Four loves games and there arent many he can play (Sonic is one he loves), and i figured.. Avatar... can't be too hard, its a kids show.. How wrong I was... and even he hated it. When a 4 year old notices aang can't fly, you know you arent fooling anybody :p

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Dead Space, people had told me it was a great horror game... the thing was they clearly didn't know what horror is ._. Thank god I bought it for like 75% during one of the steam sales <3

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

There are NO EXCUSES Sega! NO EXCUSES! And this coming from a Sonic fanboy!

You could have at least delayed it a bit and fixed the shitty camera and all the game breaking glitches, and re-did the voice work, THEN it would have been a decent game.

But no. You have to please one of the most unpleaseable fanbases ever.

I'm proud to say that I am one of the 4% of the Sonic fanbase that isn't a bunch of freaking idiots.

Kyle Meadows

Jan 2, 2011
Altered Species: Vampire Rain. I hated that game. I took it back to gamestop, and couldn't even bring myself to get money back. I was like,"No... just... I can't... I would feel horrible. Its yours."

acidk44

Oct 25, 2009
marvel vs. capcom 3 for xbox 360 it turns out im a newb even if i have some of the hardest achivements of that game all because of repetition and the thing call "bounce"
more like "F*** u for sucking" .
well "THERE AIN'T A MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH" to make me play that game again or part 2 of it either.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Two Worlds 2. I got it on sale but still, it's not that good. It doesn't display right on my hdtv (I run the xbox 360) and during the first tutorial in the game.. *the very first one* where they show you how to pick a lock the sound cuts on me and I can't even hear what the girl is saying. Even games like Fallout: NV with all their glitchiness still functions properly most of the time.

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
I bought Star Ocean Til The End Of Time for $10 from a Gamestop because I wanted a game to play over the summer that would take a good amount of time. While that is true it will take a long time to beat I just couldn't stand the gameplay or the story. Both were mind numbingly stupid and I can't even stand playing it anymore. At first I was genuinely interested in it and then I just lost all hope for it so quickly. Its upsetting because usually I don't get screwed like that with used games I buy, but this one was just bad.

Its such a forgettable game that I keep forgetting to bring it with me to sell it back and at least get something for it. Hands down the worst game purchase I have ever made in my life.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
ShadowDude112 said:
FirstToStrike said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

There are NO EXCUSES Sega! NO EXCUSES! And this coming from a Sonic fanboy!

You could have at least delayed it a bit and fixed the shitty camera and all the game breaking glitches, and re-did the voice work, THEN it would have been a decent game.

But no. You have to please one of the most unpleaseable fanbases ever.

I'm proud to say that I am one of the 4% of the Sonic fanbase that isn't a bunch of freaking idiots.
When you ***** about voice work, then yes, you are a fucking idiot.

OT: OoT:3D! Joking aside, I will say Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22. Just... ugh! Either UB22 or I will say Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) but that's cause the game just felt fucking awful. If they didn't rush for the holidays, it may have been good, but, everything about that game from the gameplay, glitches, story, was just a fucking mess.
Name calling? Great. Reported

Wyane380

Feb 27, 2009
Magna Carta: Tears of whatnot
I spent $55 when games still cost $50, biggest piece of shit. The battle system was crappy, the characters were irritating, and the story was just eh.