Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

Siegebringer

Oct 17, 2008
Gears of War for the PC is certainly high on my list... Bad port + Games for Windows + it has been the only game I have ever had crash on me so consistently.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
sniddy said:
I brought spore - on preorder - as I'd seen the videos and had such faith in the vision of the game....

:-(
I bought the Galactic mistake edition, my brother also got a copy. Mt spirit broke.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
A couple:

- Spore. It looked so promising, but it turned out to be just a fucking Mr. Potatohead game with some shallow minigames. *deep sigh*

- Brink. It could've worked if connecting to a multiplayer server wouldn't be such a pain. But it just fell apart completely.

- Fallout: New Vegas. The game itself was good, it really had the spirit of the original Fallouts, especially compared to Fallout 3. But my PS3 version of the game was simply so broken that it was barely playable.

- Borderlands. Damn they really fucked up an awesome concept. Diablo with guns? Sounds cool, until you see the same. fucking. scrapyard. for the bazillionth time, and the same damn enemies over and over again, and 90% of all the loot you found was worthless crap.

There are some smaller purchases that turned out to be "meh", but those are el cheapo games I bought during a Steam sale.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
Unlimited Saga for PS2. Holy shit...

That's the last time I buy something based on name brand alone.

Pyrofirestrike

Jul 21, 2011
The 2006 release of Sonic the Hedgehog. I liked the Silver missions, they were at least fun, but Jesus Christ. The ungodly horrible voice acting, shit storyline, and the fact that if I so much as touched a wall the game would glitch out and I would be stuck there for five minutes or until I was killed. Whichever came first.

Jodski

Jun 22, 2011
Kahunaburger said:
Medieval 2 Total War on Steam. The Steam version doesn't support mods, which are the best part of the game.
Totaly supports mods dude, I'm running the Third Age mod on it atm.

whtkid6969

Jul 11, 2010
I'm not sure if it's my worst by it was by far my most un-enjoyable. FF-XIII. I just didn't like the game at all, much less the time I needed to put into it to until I liked ALL the charcters and then just to get to the point where I actualy knew which side of good and evil i was fighting for.

Faraway Comic

Jun 1, 2011
i would have to say two worlds, i played for about 5 minutes before i gave it up. After that is probably Brink, it sounded relatively good but when i played it was just a let-down.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Sega 32X, on release day, $250 before tax and with no game.

I'm still a wee bit bitter about that.

DarkTenka

Apr 7, 2010
Duke Nukem Forever .. hands down. I knew it was going to be bad going in .. but I let optimism get the better of me .. JUST THIS ONCE. After playing it for about 3 hours I felt like I had been ***** slapped with a week old trout. "Duh" .. "you knew it was going to be bad .. and yet you paid $60 for it"... I tell myself as I mutter .. "its not that bad" in total denial trying to justify succumbing to total stupidity.

Seriously .. 12 years .. for a bad COD ripoff .. when we had 7 COD games WITHIN that time ... oh man.

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
Mech Commander 2, for the PC. Unrefined UI, very clunky controls. The story did help in keeping it interesting, but it was largely forgettable unless you actually were a Battletech fan.

Pravus_Being

Jun 17, 2011
Defeniatly Brink, pre-ordered it on steam for $49 before it got jacked up to $89. The problem was it had so much hype that people thought it was going to be amazing, but they serverly overestimated their progress to the deadline and released an unfinished game.
In the end it was lacking in the main thing it promised to be, balanced, fluid, and role specific, only to end up having leaky game mechanics, and gameplay that was dry as a bone and a bit of a free for all.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
I never bought it, but I got it for free because it was a buy 2 get one free sale at Gamestop. I bought two great games that had been out for about two years (Battlefield: Bad Company & Dead Space), then he asked me which game I wanted for free. The only one that cost as much as the lowest priced one was WET, an awful and disappointing game.

SMILEYkyle21

Feb 2, 2009
I'm probably going to get yelled at but Mass Effect 1 was the biggest let down in gameplay I've ever experienced for $100

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I was stupid enough to buy Alone in the Dark. (The really awful one for the '360.)

Still to this day, I rue buying it. Buggy, terrible controls and the camera angles were just plain unhelpful.