Worst game(s) you've ever completed

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Alone in the Dark Wii version

Sure I've read that the 360 version was still bad but the Wii was like the downgraded version of it to the point that the story differ! The fire graphic is fugly and you can't combo the weapons like in the 360. However the one thing they both got in common is the horrid car control!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Rule of Rose, a crappy Silent Hill knock-off about the unbearably passive Jennifer, who keeps getting victimized by the most annoying, sadistic, cruel kiddies since Lord of the Flies. The novel gameplay is a glorified form of a fetch quest - you track item after item through a canine companion with lousy AI that is supposed to track any item from any point in the level... except sometimes you have to be in the same room as the hidden item, for no reason and without previous warning. This means you have to track EVERY item in your inventory for EVERY room you step in, JUST IN CASE. Either that or you will either 1) die from backtracking or 2) miss all the sidequest chain of deals, which are totally missable. Oh and throw in a shitty combat system with no targeting or collision detection of any kind. The game's forte is supposed to be the story but would you believe me all of it is easily spoiled just by watching the intro?

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
mechalynx said:
Galerions: Ash. A mix of meh and bleh, very boring, very ugly. No idea why I stuck with it to the disappointing end.
As a person who has played that, you have won the thread in my books.

Unfortunately, I cannot claim to beat any games I really disliked as I tend to have trouble beating the ones I love.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
V1rax said:
I'm going to get shit on for this but: Red Dead Redemption.

IMO it's a terrible game that just annoyed me every step of the way, but once I start a game I need to finish it.
It does have absolutely horrendous pacing. You could cut out 98% of the Mexico-centric stuff and it wouldn't matter in the slightest, because it's all fucking filler.

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. As someone that has played basically every zelda game I needed to beat this one and thought it was just a slog the whole way. Fricken tadpole note collecting swimming section, mandatory stealth section, repeated bosses, looping music, easy dungeons, frustrating combat (I could never stab in combat, outside of combat I could get it every time!), fetch quests, more fetch quests (going back to the first dungeon for a bottle of water), breaking shield at the worst time (even the most upgraded shield that recovers over time) that require you to collect a bajillion resources, boring side quests, blahahhaha.

I'm one of the few that hated it though. If only everything was as brilliant as the koloktos boss fight. By far my favorite boss fight in any legend of zelda game.

The Jovian

Dec 21, 2012
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight. I could not believe that is what the franchise had devolved to. A shitty, dumbed down, multiplayer focused, strategy-less dumbfuckery. I tried to like this game I really did. I kept playing the singleplayer campaign out of blind hope that the ending will be worth it all. But no, the story was a massive mess and say what you will about the story in the previous three instalments, at least the plot of those games made sense. Nothing makes sense in this game, and the introduction of multiplayer tropes in the in-game story were just embarrassing. EA at one point cared about the series, Tiberium Wars was awesome, Red Alert 3 was awesome, but this fucking game reeks of total non-effort. EA just wanted to make as much money out of online passes as it could so the resulting multiplayer/co-op focus and dumbing down the gameplay so more people could "grasp it" (it's a fucking RTS, not a 90s adventure game EA, people are not as dumb as you think they are) results in this mess. And the worst part is that this game killed one of my favourite franchises of all time. This is the worst game I've ever played all the way though and I've played though the entire PC port of Spider-Man 2.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Allow me to tell you the lovely story of a game named Alone in the Dark. Whilst the fire physics are nothing short of amazing, the rest of the game... Isn't.
Like, everything that could go wrong did. The graphics, the combat, the driving... And oh, god, that woman. Just... Her.

Rickin10

Mar 16, 2013
Assassin's Creed 3. A bloated, broken, buggy, boring, hand-holdy mess. I only kept playing to see if at some stage it would actually develop into something and let me play. Then, it ended. Also, Connor was the most insipid protagonist I've ever played as.

Bioshock Infinite. Tedious gunplay, awful design decisions and monotonous speed humping of desks, tables and wardrobes to gobble up stuff after every fight, combined with a dreadful save system, and an unforgivably linear world with wide open skies all around cock-teasing you.

Hitman Absolution. Took everything that was fantastic about the series and set fire to it, to form a moronic 'story', where 47 becomes an anti-hero, as he fights his way from magic door, to magic door, where everything he left behind disappears, including his disguises and weapons. The new disguise system effectively removes social-stealth, leaving you playing Hitman like a run-of-the-mill stealth game sticking and rolling between cover. Heartbreaking.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Final Fantasy 8, of course. I am required, by law, to mention it every time I see a thread like this, and then explain that I do not rant on it unless by request, due to the length involved. Suffice to say, ALL of the Final Fantasy games before it were better (even though FF4 was bland) and a few after it were too.

infernovolver

Jun 11, 2008
BRUTAL: PAWS OF FURY.

Not hard to beat, at least on the SNES. On the SNES you can crank the difficulty up to Impossibru and still run through it with next to no problems. A stark contrast to how impossible the game is on the Sega consoles even on the lowest difficulty setting. There's a good review [http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/563531-brutal-paws-of-fury/reviews/review-60343] on GameFaqs that covers why it's so bad. Quite possibly one of, if not the worst fighter I've played. Possibly ever made even, at least on consoles. Only redeeming thing about it? Foxy Roxy.

She taunts by spanking herself. And she regains health when doing it. Kinky.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Well, if we're going on purely subjective stuff, and not lowest metacritic score or whatever, probably the first Assassin's Creed. Found that game unbelievably boring, and it put me off the rest of the series. Which is a shame, because my brother tells me they improved immensely.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Zone of the Enders 2: terrible missions with only one good one about 90% through the game.

FF Dissidia Duodecim: the first had a massive single-player rabbit hole with equipment upgrades and abilities, Duodecim was like playing a beta version with a few new characters.

Predator Concrete Jungle: I was still stupid back then.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days: awesome final boss fight, terrible game.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Chaosritter said:
Silent Hill Origins.

The story was nonsensical, the characters borderline retarded and the combat system was broken. They didn't even care enough to apply the SH typical elements properly, some areas were simply plastered with rust textures and nothing else.

The fact that the european PS2 version suffers from slowdowns, glitches and an input lag of ~1 second doesn't exactly make it better.
And don't forget a camera that will do whatever it wants!

I kinda forgot about that game despite it being on my shelf and I can clearly see it. That's the worst game I've ever had the misfortune of playing and beating out of sheer stubbornness and not letting a game getting the best of me.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was playing on the PSP I would've thrown it across the room because there was some serious bullshit moments. Dying from an enemy off screen was a major one, and having to go back and visit every single room and floor again in the sanitarium. There was no reason for that.

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins
So bloody boring!
The first time a played it i was a mage and went for the whole Arcane worrier thing which just breaks the game.
I only beat the game so i would have my own character files in DA2.
Story an't carry a game on it's own, and the game play just made the stupid story worst.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Chaosritter said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Chaosritter said:
Silent Hill Origins.

The story was nonsensical, the characters borderline retarded and the combat system was broken. They didn't even care enough to apply the SH typical elements properly, some areas were simply plastered with rust textures and nothing else.

The fact that the european PS2 version suffers from slowdowns, glitches and an input lag of ~1 second doesn't exactly make it better.
And don't forget a camera that will do whatever it wants!

I kinda forgot about that game despite it being on my shelf and I can clearly see it. That's the worst game I've ever had the misfortune of playing and beating out of sheer stubbornness and not letting a game getting the best of me.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was playing on the PSP I would've thrown it across the room because there was some serious bullshit moments. Dying from an enemy off screen was a major one, and having to go back and visit every single room and floor again in the sanitarium. There was no reason for that.
Why thank you, I just had managed it to surpress the memories of the FUBAR camera system.

*pulls portable TV out of vest, throws it at Fiz_The_Toaster*
You're wel-

*gets hit and dies*

You gotta admit though, throwing a toaster at a nurse and instantly killing it was funnier than it really should be.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Final Fantasy 13.

Right through toi the end and about 70% of everything else.

That's probably the most tedious and boring thin I've ever done, At least Sonic 06 had the "lol glitch!" facotr to lighten it up.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
I'm not quite sure why, but I beat the "Madagascar" movie tie-in game. It's actually surprisingly kinda decent, but thought I'd mention it.

I also beat "I Wanna Be The Guy". Horrible, horrible game, but I needed the bragging rights (That and I was stuck with no internet and literally nothing else but Microsoft Office on my computer)

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Medal of Honour 2010.

Fuck that game was bad. I didn't mind the MW single players, but MoH was frustrating, tedious and downright shit.