Worst game you bought at $60?

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Prince of Persia. GRINDTACULAR and it had just about no difficulty. Also: Elika sucked. And the prince sucked, for that matter.

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
Hah.
Hah hah hah hah hah.
Spending $60 dollars for a game? I'll do that when my wallet runs for it's fucking life all on it's own, for two reasons:
1) I'm british, so it's more like £50, and
2) I'll wait for it, thank you very much. It's a trait passed down through the family to be a cheapskate. Extreamly prudent with our cash.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. I even shelled out more cash for the Collector's Edition... The game lasted me for one day and wasn't even good. Worst purchase ever.

LittleBigPlanet is a close second though. Not trying to flame here, just personally found it tedious as hell.

EDIT: Many a post here also reminded me of how I bought the "Ooh! New & Shiny" AvP at launch. Between the anemic single player and the fact that online was either ripping new assholes for anything that moved as the Marines or being scared shitless as a Predator, something went horribly wrong.

Nooneishome

Feb 10, 2011
Guitar Hero Metallica

Ok well my friend bought it and played it once now i have it but i still feel the pain

Nocola

Aug 10, 2009
For me it's a two way shit storm tie, Black Ops on PC - it's so broken... Where do I even begin? And Medal of Honor 2010. It's just a TERRIBLE game, rushed, brimming with cliched game mechanics and it brings absolutely nothing new to an already over crowded genre.

You can now all slap for me for my bad decisions.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
epikAXE said:
Sixcess said:
Fallout 3 was the last game I bought at full price, shortly after release.

I finally forced myself through the awful opening. I finally send 'screw it' to VATS and decided to aim for myself like it was a proper FPS.
Im assuming by "decided to aim for myself like it was a proper FPS" you mean "decided to aim for myself like it was an FPS" because fallout is an RPG. just worth thinking about.
Yeah, I could have chosen my words more carefully, but... Deus Ex is (arguably) another RPG with a FPS perspective, and you can actually shoot in that (albeit with dubious accuracy until you level up a bit) Manual aiming in FO3 is downright abominable, so you end up having to use VATS simply to compensate for that. It's also incredibly anti-immersive - essentially pausing the game and flooding the screen with numbers every single time you fire a weapon - which is a shame given how much effort was put into the atmosphere of the capitol wasteland.

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
Ellen of Kitten said:
I believe I am about to win this thread; Terminator Salvation on the PS3... if you played it, you will KNOW what I mean. :( So bad. So very very bad.
Turok: Evolution (Xbox)
Blade II (Xbox)

Absolutely horrible purchases but I was dying to play some games and nothing else was out. Worst part was I got them both on the same day. Man did I feel ripped off when I tried those games out.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

I hadn't been familiar with the Dynasty Warriors series until then and I have hated it with a passion since.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
AlternatePFG said:
Black Ops PC. Broken piece of shit, the singleplayer is decent, but it's so fucking glitchy in multiplayer that it's terrible.
This. Paying an extra 10 bucks for a game I couldn't play the first month and a half due to the horrible state it launched in is not my idea of keeping the customer happy.

Nitroklop

Nov 11, 2010
I didn't quite spring for 60, but I bought "The Conduit" for the full price of 50. I kinda regret doing that, it wasn't all THAT great.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
A few that immediately spring to mind.

Perfect Dark Zero
Quake 4
Crackdown
Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
Halo Wars
DBZ Burst Limit
CoD Black Ops

I'm sure I'll catch a lot of hell for putting FO3 in that list, but I literally couldn't play it beyond a few hours, it was just too boring.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Black Ops, everyone kept twlling me to buy it, so i did. played it about 20 hours ( which is not much for me) and stopped.
Or Modnation racers. Sold it to a friend of mine after I've played it like 20-30 hours or so.
And saints row 2 for PC. the bloody game laggs so much I had to make everything look like a grey blob.
AND IT KEPT LAGGING.
so I abandoned it after 10 minutes of play. I bought it for 5 euros at steam sales, so no harm done.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Modern Warfare 2. Yeah, I got my money's worth and something like 60 hours of enjoyment/rage, but it's the one and only game I've bought at $60, and just like everybody else, it's become one of my least favorite games of all time.

Well, except for Spec Ops. If they made a game with just Spec Ops sorta stuff, then I'd be very, very happy.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Fable 3, well I didin't actually pay for it, it was a gift. That makes it even more frustraiting since Its not my money going to waste, its someones who is dear to me.