Worst game you bought at $60?

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Breaker deGodot said:
Too Human. I win. (Or lose, in this case.)

I forgot i bought this at full retail price ...
Still 1 is worse.
Banjo-kazooie's nuts and bolts, only saving grace is that the pre-order came with a fee copy of the first banjo-kazooie on XBLA)

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
theultimateend said:
starkiller212 said:
That game is why I always go with my instincts (and reviews when applicable), and I only buy high-quality mainstream games on release. Everything else requires a demo or a price drop.
I don't mean this sarcastically and am not trying to insult you but I am deeply curious.

What game recently would you qualify as a high-quality mainstream release?
Games series like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Total War, Civilization, etc. I basically mean games that are from proven developers or have a lot of good previews/demos.
I tend to stay away from games like Two Worlds 2, which I know can be good games sometimes, but it's just not worth the high risk of disappointment for me

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Two worlds 1 was the worst overall

When I think of all the money I could have saved if I hadn't bought so many boring and lame titles it makes me sad.

Nitro_Hedgehog

Mar 25, 2009
alien vs predator. single player was mediocre and multiplayer wasn't much better. the 2000 version was better...

i almost bought splinter cell :conviction till i played it on my friends pc and realized that chaos theory and Pandora tomorrow really were the two best splinter cell games. conviction was horrible. why would i EVER use anything besides a silenced pistol? everything else has limited ammo and/or no silencer.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
I don't know. I try not to waste my money on bad games. I judge my games the way I judge my books. Cover, back, what I've heard about it.
OT
If I had to choose, probably Wii Play or whatever. It was a mediocre title who's gimmick was it came with a wiimote.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Star Wars the Force Unleasehed... That game was hyped to hell. and I fell for it. I thought it was going to have fun combat and an interesting story, and more then one level where you trot around as Darth Vader... the "boss" battels were unimaginative, and frankly redundant by the fact that once you got into those QTE it had no concequence if you didn't press the right button, you basically just switch back to where you started from the first step without any penalty. That Star Destroyer thing annoyed the hell out of me. And I managed to finish the game in a single day, roughly 6 hours or so maybe longer... I looked at screen and reloaded the game in case somehow I skiped to the end. Nope, I just beat the game...

I put the game back into the box, deleted all my saved game data, and returned the game the very next day, and only got 15 bucks store credit... bloody awful exprience from beginning to end.

So much so I haven't touched anything Star Wars since. And I don't look foward to the MMORPG either.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
starkiller212 said:
theultimateend said:
starkiller212 said:
That game is why I always go with my instincts (and reviews when applicable), and I only buy high-quality mainstream games on release. Everything else requires a demo or a price drop.
I don't mean this sarcastically and am not trying to insult you but I am deeply curious.

What game recently would you qualify as a high-quality mainstream release?
Games series like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Total War, Civilization, etc. I basically mean games that are from proven developers or have a lot of good previews/demos.
I tend to stay away from games like Two Worlds 2, which I know can be good games sometimes, but it's just not worth the high risk of disappointment for me
Ah. Fair enough. That makes a good deal of sense then :).

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Two Worlds......one day later I ran into the store and yelled at the top of my lungs, THIS GAME IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF HORSE S**T and then I got my money back and EVERYONE knows why, and if you liked this game you are proberly HIGH...

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
I never really bought any bad games for this generation of consoles.

I'd either have to say black ops. (Piece of crap that game is) Or Shadowrun, Shadowrun was really fun, but it only had online, in which no one played.

xFullmetalx

Feb 17, 2011
I do a lot of research on what ever I'm considering buying for full price. If I know I'll get a lot of play out of it I'll usually buy it, because of this I don't buy bad games for full price.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
probably Wolfenstein (2009) played it for like 2 hours and just had enough