Worst game you bought at $60?

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Not sure about you, but the games I least enjoyed where Fable 1 and GTA SA.
I found Fable too boring and not too good, and GTA SA felt like a mess for me. But everyone seems to enjoy them, so my argument is invalid.

Verex

May 31, 2010
Fallout New Vegas

I bought it because all my friends were raving about how awesome it was. It glitched like a MOFO, the text was minuscule, and the quests mundane.

Seigneur

Jan 22, 2011
It wasn't $60 because the most you would ever pay for a new game at the time was $50, but Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Gross.

axis5

Jan 17, 2011
I've been ninja'ed here, but Prototype, hands down. I managed to beat it and all, but I had to give up for a few days when they made you fight the "Supreme Hunter" or whatever on a tiny aircraft carrier with a 3 minute time limit.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Evill_Bob said:
Metroid Other M. I went in expecting another great Metroid; I loved Super Metroid (never got to play the Original Meroid until recently and haven't got around to Metroid 2), I enjoyed Fusion, loved the Prime Trilogy, and played Hunters until my game broke (glitched right at the final boss battle). I expected more of the same with Metroid Other M completely unfazed by the fact that the game would retrograde in terms of controls and done by Team Ninja (the worst possible choice for a game whose main character is a strong independent female). After all people doubted Nintendo for making the Prime series a FPS but not only was it a good game series but showed the GameCube and Wii could in fact be a great platform for FPS titles despite lacking in powerful hardware.

So I picked up Metroid Other M at a midnight release and returned it a week later after being subjugated to clunky combat, slow paced action, a lack of exploring so common in the Metroid series (replaced simply with backtracking, which is not to be confused with actual exploration), badly voiced lines, plot holes on equipment (you mean all this time I had the Viara suit upgrade but chose not to use it until turdbrain upstairs said it was okay!?), and the icing on the cake was that my favorite genocidal/planetcidal (seriously she's got a higher kill count than the Death Star) badass bounty hunter had become a ditzy shithead who has panic attacks about some cyborg dragon she usually dispatches with relative ease at least once EVERY DAMN MISSION.
It's so, so, so awful. The Metroid Prime Trilogy are three of my favorite games ever, so I pre-ordered Other M and was quite excited. But no. It's the most violently terrible game I've played in my life - other people have expressed it's flaws far more eloquently, but basically: The designer is either a flaming sexist, or completely incompetent. I'm not sure which is worse.

LorisBoi

Feb 17, 2010
I think I owned Lost Planet 2 for about an hour before I took it back and traded back in. I didn't care that I'd lost money, I just wanted it as far away from me as possible.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
It's a toss up between Modern Warfare 2 and Team Fortress 2, but since I only got the craptastic TF2 for around $10 the prize goes to the ever pathetic CoD series.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
icame said:
For me FF13 will always be this game. It is the embodyment of horrible game design. Looked nice though..
Ah come on, man. FFXIII wasn't horrible. And yeah the story's meh, it's as linear as Yahtzee's hate-streak. But the battle system was nice, and the visual design too. So not a total embodiment of bad game design.

For me, I'd have to go with games that aren't neccesarily bad, but still, I regret buying them.

Disgaea 3. I thought I'd get into it. Never did.
Prototype. Pretty dissapointing after InFamous.
Katamari Forever.
Call of Duty: Black Ops. Played it for sometime and I realized I miss Bad Company 2 and returned to it.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Shirokurou said:
icame said:
For me FF13 will always be this game. It is the embodyment of horrible game design. Looked nice though..
Ah come on, man. FFXIII wasn't horrible. And yeah the story's meh, it's as linear as Yahtzee's hate-streak. But the battle system was nice, and the visual design too. So not a total embodiment of bad game design.

For me, I'd have to go with games that aren't neccesarily bad, but still, I regret buying them.

Disgaea 3. I thought I'd get into it. Never did.
Prototype. Pretty dissapointing after InFamous.
Katamari Forever.
Call of Duty: Black Ops. Played it for sometime and I realized I miss Bad Company 2 and returned to it.
Every battle could be won by hitting auto attack and occasionally healing. That is not a good battle system. The visual design was high in terms of polygon count but lacking in being unique or inspired. It was just bland. I'm not attacking you opinion, I just disagree :)

Also I agree on prototype.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I'm going to have to go with Final Fantasy XIV, hands down.

Oh, it's a very pretty game, prettiest MMORPG out there, and I splurged on the collector's edition because I was excited about the idea of them adding a true player economy. I played the beta, I should have had a pretty good idea what I was getting into, but somehow I missed that they forgot to add about 90% of the PvE contents that they needed to have at release...

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
I tend to avoid bad games, especially when I'm buying them at $60 bucks, so I guess the worst one I've gotten at that price would have to be Bioshock 2. It wasn't bad, but damn was I disappointed.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
New Vegas. It wasn't bad by any means, but it's the worst I got full price. I generally don't buy bad games. :p

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Rednog said:
Splinter Cell Conviction, a week into the damn game and the multiplayer was dead. Seriously what happened to the good ol' spies vs mercs? Why ax that, it was so fun!
That was such a fun game mode. Besides never really being able to be the spies, it was one of the most fun I have ever had in a game.

Then the new one they added was completely broken by one stupid thing. The ability to Mark and Execute other players in Multiplayer.

OT: I think Bad Company 2. While I did get more into it later on in the year, the console port was extremely half-assed. When guns feel like they have weight, that is a bonus. When close quarters combat becomes harder than hitting a guy at long range, something is wrong with your controls.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
xchurchx said:
Red Dead Redemption
once u had done everything i found it boring and repetative
Really? Once you beat the game there was nothing to do?

Never would have guessed...