Worst Game You've Ever Played?

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
Iwata said:
A lot of people are listing AAA titles as the "worst games they've ever played", which I always find funny. I mean, I may hate JRPG's, but I'd be hard pressed to say FFX is worse than, say, Elf Bowling or Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis.

That said, my personal award for worst putrid pile of crap in gaming goes to MegaRacing 3: NanoTech Disaster. A shitty WipEout clone with the most god-awful FMV's I have EVER seen and nigh-impossible handling. This game is the anti-fun.
We all hate the games that are the opposite of a good time.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
PreviouslyPwned said:
The absolute worst game I've played was that fairly recent Leisure Suit Larry game on xbox.

I can't believe they fooled people into making more of that garbage via kickstarter.
The kickstarter campaign was created by Al Lowe the creator of Leisure Suit Larry and has nothing to do with those two more recent abominations. He wants to make a game more like the ones that he did in the late 80's and early 90's where while the eventual goal was to get laid or otherwise 'get the girl', the plot isn't made up of a bunch of grinding the same shitty mini-games over and over again until you get a crappy half baked cutscene. There's still a chance for a good Leisure Suit Larry game to be made if people that remember it the way it used to be give it a chance.

OT: The worst game I've ever played has got to be Giants: Citizen Kabuto. It has a horrible comprehensible plot, unbalanced multiplayer, and shitty controls. I used to have a friend who held it up as the shining example of gaming goodness, he actually got pissed at me and wouldn't talk to me for about a month because I refused play it with him.

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
Stryc9 said:
PreviouslyPwned said:
The absolute worst game I've played was that fairly recent Leisure Suit Larry game on xbox.

I can't believe they fooled people into making more of that garbage via kickstarter.
The kickstarter campaign was created by Al Lowe the creator of Leisure Suit Larry and has nothing to do with those two more recent abominations. He wants to make a game more like the ones that he did in the late 80's and early 90's where while the eventual goal was to get laid or otherwise 'get the girl', the plot isn't made up of a bunch of grinding the same shitty mini-games over and over again until you get a crappy half baked cutscene. There's still a chance for a good Leisure Suit Larry game to be made if people that remember it the way it used to be give it a chance.

OT: The worst game I've ever played has got to be Giants: Citizen Kabuto. It has a horrible comprehensible plot, unbalanced multiplayer, and shitty controls. I used to have a friend who held it up as the shining example of gaming goodness, he actually got pissed at me and wouldn't talk to me for about a month because I refused play it with him.
I hoping for a new good Leisure Suit Larry game. Those games were fun!

Tyler Trahan

Sep 27, 2011
Hm, I'm surprised by how many people here genuinely hate games that I thought most people tended to enjoy. Oh well, mine by FAR was the original Kane and Lynch. I don't buy games without looking up reviews a long time before hand because I really don't have money to waste on games I'm unsure about,but this game was a gift when I was given my xbox 360. Seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to have a game centered around two characters you hate and no matter what the ending was a "bad" ending? That game can go to hell.

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
Tyler Trahan said:
Hm, I'm surprised by how many people here genuinely hate games that I thought most people tended to enjoy. Oh well, mine by FAR was the original Kane and Lynch. I don't buy games without looking up reviews a long time before hand because I really don't have money to waste on games I'm unsure about,but this game was a gift when I was given my xbox 360. Seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to have a game centered around two characters you hate and no matter what the ending was a "bad" ending? That game can go to hell.
You also have to factor in that reviews aren't always what they're cracked up to be. You should play a game because you enjoy it, not because of a review although they are good for finding exciting games to play.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Lonely Packager said:
ET the extra terrestrial or whatever the name of that old game based on ET was called. It's pretty classic for it's sheer terribleness (it's apparently up there in the top 10 of worst games of all times) and chances are you've heard of it. I can honestly say it was the most nauseatingly fucking awful thing I've ever played.
Some say there's a landfill somewhere filled with copies of that game.

I'm not even joking.
For fairly obvious reasons, I believe you.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
As a child I played many many movie tie in games, they were all equally terrible and I didn't know any better. I just kept on buying them, sadly I can't remember any specific titles. I think I had the Monster's Inc. game on the Gameboy Color, it was pretty terrible if memory serves.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
SaetonChapelle said:
PlatinumRenegade said:
SaetonChapelle said:
PlatinumRenegade said:
SaetonChapelle said:
Im trying to think of a really bad game Ive played recently...

Ninety Nine Nights? Maybe...

there was that ps1 game back in the day~
Honestly never heard of that game lol
Good! They made a sequel too. Pretty bad. Imagine Dynasty/Samurai Warriors... but worse!
My brother plays Dynasty Warriors... and he actually likes it :O
I... I adore Dynasty Warriors. /hides from backlash.
I just bought Warriors Orochi and I have the whole series, plus the Samurai series. ><
Heh~
Your not the only one. It's the same thing every game and I love it for it.

xWestie

Apr 13, 2010
SaetonChapelle said:
I just bought Warriors Orochi and I have the whole series, plus the Samurai series. ><
Heh~
You're not alone -pats- I think the only one I'm missing is Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends >>; lol

For me I'm not too sure.. probably Bubsy.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
tyytedde said:
Too human, FUCKING too human (either that or superman 64)
It's bad enough that the dev's are now trying to sue the makers of the unreal engine now for their game being bad.

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
Phlakes said:
Wow, no CoDs or ME3 yet. That's a surprise.
Mass Effect 3 is a good game. Ending aside, I enjoyed my two playthroughs of it so far.

I am honestly trying to think of a game that has not had some sort of redeeming value to it.

I guess within the last few years, probably the original Assassin's Creed. Enjoyed the story, the game play, and the gorgeous settings.. but for such an expansive game, it was simply too repetitive. It was all I could do to climb my towers (so many towers) and finish the side quests (very little variaton) to make my assassination attempts. Never did finish it, although I had a blast in AC 2.

Captcha: right hand turn

The easiest of turns (in North America)

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
xWestie said:
SaetonChapelle said:
Heh~
You're not alone -pats- I think the only one I'm missing is Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends >>; lol

For me I'm not too sure.. probably Bubsy.
I still need to get the Dynasty Warriors 7 Extremes, but my ps3 has been making some scary noises lately...

blueshark217

Aug 15, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
Terminator 3, the Movie! The Game!

Seriously, fuck that noise.
I was just thinking that!

Razoack said:
Universal Studios, it was on the Gamecube and absolutely fucking terrible.
I was just thinking that too! I could never beat it though.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I'm having a hard time thinking of something worse that Far Cry 2. Terrible story, repetitive missions, woefull ammo capacity (and general weapon system), the entire thing was littered with invisible walls in the supposed sandbox and even the good points like the healing animations and fire physics were marred by respectivly: being disturbed and having to start over by a gnat sneezing at you fifty meters away and the fre stopping burning, every time, in a perfect circle with a 15 meter radius from the starting point. Oh and the driving controls were shit, but do I even need to say that?

It did look nice though.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
oh good grief... where to begin

first: What is a 'bad' game? Compared to what?

Bad because it could have been so much more: Spore - the alpha screenings and whatnot (like the one with Robin Williams) showed that it could have been so much more, but ultimately the game didn't care at all if you're creature had one or seven eyes. Also crap end-game

Bad because it was a jumbled mess of styles: Duke Nukem Forever - do I really have to explain this?

Bad because it had little to nothing to do with what was advertised: A tossup between C&C 4 and Dead island. Sure, Dead Island had zombies, but it had little in the emotional depth that the trailer hinted of. C&C 4 had some fun ideas, but those ideas had little to nothing to do with the C&C franchise.

Bad because shit ending: Mass Effect three

but which is worst? who knows. C&C 4 was pretty much an all-round disappointment, both in story and in gameplay. I guess that's the worst one then

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
for me it was Too Human...i played 10 minutes of it, i dont normally make descisions about games so quickly but it was THAT bad, the part that stings, bought it for 50 euro, traded it in the NEXT day, got 5 euro back.

EDIT: also Alone in the dark...the Wii version...dont know what it was like on other consoles but on the wii it was horrific, the worst driving controls and just generaly a very bad game. Shame too because i was looking forward to it.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever..Shitty graphics that you had to wait EVEN LONGER then the initial loading screen. The loading screens that took way too long. The complete immature comments by Duke. The driving parts were just god awful. The women in the game made me facepalm a few too many times. The inventory is so stupid compared to the original Duke Nukem. The guns THEMSELVES are really useless. The ego meter is nothing more then a regenerating health bar. The ego boosts were flip flop between funny and stupid. Boss battles that almost always required the rocket launcher. The stupid turret gun parts.